Get rid of "Cigarette burn marks" on car paint

alphawolf

alphawolf

Oct 23, 2018
Thank you for your kind words.

The stain looks more like some season or aged tree sap stain. Given the center part is slight darker in tone than the outer ring. There is a high chance that sanding might not remove the damage also. But no harm trying. Tree sap stains usually have paint etching characteristic which mean the longer it stays the deeper it goes into the paint.
Gosh, hope that it could be removed. Frankly, I am a noob when it comes to detailing, and sanding on a clear coat paint sounds scary . But sanding, if done correctly, would not damage the car paint and clear coat right? Worried that the clear coat might be sanded until it's too thin haha.

If it is safe, would pm one of the kind Sifus here and ask for their help :hello:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
I'm in Sungai Long. Come let me try. I need an excuse to use my polishing pad and DA

s1tl

1,000 RPM

s1tl

1,000 RPM
Jul 13, 2010
Ipoh/KL
Gosh, hope that it could be removed. Frankly, I am a noob when it comes to detailing, and sanding on a clear coat paint sounds scary . But sanding, if done correctly, would not damage the car paint and clear coat right? Worried that the clear coat might be sanded until it's too thin haha.

If it is safe, would pm one of the kind Sifus here and ask for their help :hello:
Any involvement of sanding is dangerous thats why even experienced detailers like me dont use the method. I sometimes will do some sanding but with very fine 3000grid sanding disk for some very fine spot repairs. In your case, Im guessing there is a 50 50 chance of recovery only. Its either sanding would remove the damage and polishing will be required to remove the sanding marks, Or after sanding the stain is still there and the sanding procedure was just pointless:laugh:

s1tl

1,000 RPM

s1tl

1,000 RPM
Jul 13, 2010
Ipoh/KL
Nope, do by hand not sanding. Will try with lighter stuff first......lol
hmm but he mentioned that there was 3 step polishing done before but still fail to remove. So Im quite sure that by hand it would have no effect already

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi guys,
as i was returning home last nite, suddenly there was a "clunk-clunk" sound continuously the higher i rev the higher the sound become & also my steering becomes heavy.......i tot farked man, not my gearbox again........or worst timing belt putus........so then i searched for the problem & sound....finally found it....my crank pulley was wobbling....& the screw attached to it (the 1 need to open when changing the auxilary belts & timing belt) was cracked.........

so wat could the...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience