Gear SERIOUS problem .. urgent pls

Norns

Known Member
Sep 23, 2006
I have problem with my gear all of sudden . The problem occur as i having difficulty push my gear 1 and gear 2 . When i need to shift from gear 1 > 2, or gear 2 > 1 its very hard to push the gear ......

I just bring it to mechanic for checkup , and he just put some sort of 'cream oil' at the gear there around the engine .... bcos i just did T-Body wash, thats y they no oil adi ..

After that, i notice that i easier to put gear 1>2, or gear 3>2 .... but when i need change to gear 1 is very hard ....

My car must be super slow or until ALMOST stop, then onli it allow me to push to gear 1 .... or else its very very hard to push as if sumthin is blockin the way ..

What cause this actually ? i never faced this before ler ... The mechanic told me its either my gear oil or clutch problem . But i just change my gear oil recently

Could it be cluth or wad

Need urgent help from u guys ... guys i;ll have to bear with it till the exact problem found T_T

Magicmarker

Nov 7, 2006
Is your clutch fully disengaging? Maybe your synchro's are screwed in your gearbox. What car are you driving?

Norns

Known Member
Sep 23, 2006
what is synchro actually ?? im driving satria 1.3 1999

fully disengage ? when i driving fast and i press clutch, it hardly move the stick to 2nd or 1st gear ..... unless my car is very very very slow like almost stop ....

i really dunno wad the exact prob ... the mech wan me change clutch but he himself not sure wad prob ... if change clutch not solve then hav to waste again .... T___T

its very hard to drive in this condition .....

And issit in this condition my car eat a lot petrol ?? yesterdya nite until today my petrol finish 1 block ... damn !

@zri

1,000 RPM
Jan 26, 2006
i also facing exatcly d same prob wit my waja.. aready change d oil n add volk racing oil treatment summore.. haihh.. izzit my clutch dah nak habis.. sumbdy help plz???

renxun

1,000 RPM
Jul 4, 2006
ur clutch pls adjust it to higher... ther is a cable in front.. if still cant , do change to a better oil.... penzoil will do good.... if want better go for Q8....if after change oil still cannot high possibility ur clutch says bye bye to u... anyway... check it one by one by sequence as mentioned above...hope that helps..

Norns

Known Member
Sep 23, 2006
so, issit clutch or synchro problem ? X....X

if clutch the person say need rm300+ ... if synchro need how much oh ??

i wan to identify which part is problem onli change the certain part ....

and what do we explain synchro ? some mech seem not sure bout that ler ....

i need fix it cos really really inconvenient for my car ... T_T

nitrus

2,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2005
I tot normally if u're moving, its not advisable to change to gear 1? Mine also when moving time i cant push to gear 1 if not later got "krakk" .. Have to go very slow only can masuk gear 1 from other gears

Norns

Known Member
Sep 23, 2006
errr, so issit really normal or got problem with my gear oh ??

cos i really notice this 2 days ago onli ....

If my car moving slow also hardly move ... like got thing block the way ... my car must be super super slow until amost stop onli can move to gear 1 ...

nitrus

2,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2005
erm.. may i ask how long have u been driving Norns ? cause i think its normal .. lolzz.. i might be wrong?

yewjunyan

Known Member
Jun 19, 2006
my car also had dis kind of problem before..my foreman said is my sync. kong d....cost me rm75 for one gear...add up it cost me around 300...

davidv00

500 RPM
Mar 27, 2006
Selangor
yeah for MT cars, sync damage is normal. to avoid such thing happening again, clutch in fully whenever engage any gear

Norns

Known Member
Sep 23, 2006
how do we call 'sync' to mechanic ??

cz i notice most mechanic blur when i mention sync to them ? any chinese word to tell them ?

RedD

500 RPM
Dec 19, 2004
anywhere..
Norns said:
how do we call 'sync' to mechanic ??

cz i notice most mechanic blur when i mention sync to them ? any chinese word to tell them ?
sync. = gigi = "nga" :_:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

All competitors in the this year's edition of the Sepang 1,000 Kilometer endurance race (S1K) and the Malaysian Super Series (MSS) will once again be competiting on Federal Competition tyres after the receiving commendable feedback from last year.

“I am proud to announce that Key Vector Sdn Bhd, the importer of Federal Competition Tyres, will be Sepang’s appointed control tire supplier to the 2011 Sepang MSS 1600cc / 1800cc and the S1K events with the Federal FZ201 195/50-15...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience