Gear Oil for manual Neo

ecal echal

Known Member
Nov 25, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
i've tried redline mtf,quite nice! but quite pricey...shifting becomes easier after using that.
but i think there must be few brands out there that are good also...or better...hehehe

devilz 78

Known Member
Jul 25, 2008
kuala lumpur
I'm looking for a brand that can take abusive gear shifting or just a calm drive around the city or a long distance drive, proton stock gearbox oil is good?

nadziad

Known Member
May 14, 2011
johor
can try castrol gearbox oil.....mine using castrol change every 20k/km...feel smooth and can spin tyre on 2nd gear...hehe

crazykatak

500 RPM
Mar 1, 2006
Subang Jaya
it is recommended to use normal transmission fluid..rather than those racing ones. yes, no doubt, those racing ones provide a smoother feel. bear in mind, racing ones are made for racing; high temperature, high stress which requires special protection from the racing transmission fluid.
a scheduled replacement of transmission would help to maintain smooth shifting and prevent premature wear.

rippytan

May 5, 2012
Singapore
it is recommended to use normal transmission fluid..rather than those racing ones. yes, no doubt, those racing ones provide a smoother feel. bear in mind, racing ones are made for racing; high temperature, high stress which requires special protection from the racing transmission fluid.
a scheduled replacement of transmission would help to maintain smooth shifting and prevent premature wear.
yeah agree... u need to make sure that what is ur application. If u are those drag till rpm very high then a good quality gb oil is needed else dun waste ur money. btw i am using lucas syn SAE140. After the change my gb is smoother plus my clutch = awesome holding effect. hehe....

crazykatak

500 RPM
Mar 1, 2006
Subang Jaya
from my observation,
when the normal gear oil was used for track racing ( even at night ), oil vapor escapes the gearbox..till it drips on the floor.
then during daytime, the oil escapes the gearbox even more.

it did not happen when racing gear oil was used. a physical proof that good oil really works :D duhh

rippytan

May 5, 2012
Singapore
from my observation,
when the normal gear oil was used for track racing ( even at night ), oil vapor escapes the gearbox..till it drips on the floor.
then during daytime, the oil escapes the gearbox even more.

it did not happen when racing gear oil was used. a physical proof that good oil really works :D duhh
hehe yup. good racing gb oils are meant to be super tolerant to high temp in order to ensure that the gears and working even after trashing a few rounds on track. Normal oils with lower sae will lead to like u mention...

Aug 11, 2012
Ipoh
I've been using Toyota gear oil for my 1.6 campro, it totally rocks as I can feel that changing gear is more easier & smoother

holysniper

Known Member
May 26, 2011
N/A
okay even though my shifting is smoother than last time, but it still cannot match other cars shifting.. :(

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

One of the forum members of Club4AG, Moto-P, got the chance to attend a dinner meeting with the chief project engineer of the Toyota FT-86, Tetsuya Tada, and got to see the final production version as well as some of the juicy details regarding the car that pretty much confirm that the car was designed with tuning and the aftermarket scene in mind.

The FT-86, was from the onset, designed and intended to be a...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience