Gauging interest on plasti dip

Gauging Interest : Which Plasti Dip Color Would You Prefer And What Would You Dip?

• Blaze Blue

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Blaze Green

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Blaze Orange

• Blaze Pink

• Blaze Purple

• Blaze Yellow

• Base White

• Base Red

• Base Black

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Smoke!

• Gun Metal

• Camo Black

• Camo Brown

• Camo Tan

• Camo Green

• Total voters

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Gimme some time ler...maybe around next month or if anyone wanna try first...*hint hint SupraFanatics*

There's a dude on youtube did on his blue Lancer. Initial plan was to do just the bumper but the matte effect didn't sync with the hood so he did the hood then it didn't sync with the fenders, so he did the fenders...haha!

USA is only USD6-8 ok...dirt cheap for them to improvise plan on the fly. Not here.
ha! ha! so in the end bro. SF PD whole car.....:rofl:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
So who going to go black with his kukujiao? Please share results. I am very interested to know the shear stability of plastidip due to friction.
If the damn spray wasn't so bloody expensive I've spray my hand black just to test this.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Why people buying so much, do you even use that much? Spray what? kukujiao ar? I'm just curious.
I'm wondering how many layers you guys spray normally? I've tested to sprayed 2 layers on my car's remote & a small part starting to chip off on the next day :(
Which is why, read thru the threads, I tried it once and showed everyone the results of Plastidip remote control for my friend. It came out in few days as I adi warned him that u put it in your pocket most of the time, it will surely come out.

Save on ur PD instead hehe!

So who going to go black with his kukujiao? Please share results. I am very interested to know the shear stability of plastidip due to friction.
Some no black kukujiao so need to go black. But then Is a cheaper alternatives as Condom.
Spray on, then no need buy condom since it is rubber :biggrin:

infinity.melvin

SlowPoke
Jul 4, 2006
kuala lumpur
Can't bare to see the rusty rear drum hub as my rims don't have center cap..

Plastidipped the rusty part lol. Not sure how long it's gonna last. But I'm pretty surprised on how well it bond with the rust. Seems to stick pretty well from the looks of it. (note: I didn't scrub / sand the rust off before spraying coz I was lazy as hell =p)

Pics taken when it is not dried yet. Hence shiny shiny..
And also did 2-3 coats of heavy heavy coat as I was lazy to do thin layers over and over again lol

Attachments

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Can't bare to see the rusty rear drum hub as my rims don't have center cap..

Plastidipped the rusty part lol. Not sure how long it's gonna last. But I'm pretty surprised on how well it bond with the rust. Seems to stick pretty well from the looks of it. (note: I didn't scrub / sand the rust off before spraying coz I was lazy as hell =p)

Pics taken when it is not dried yet. Hence shiny shiny..
And also did 2-3 coats of heavy heavy coat as I was lazy to do thin layers over and over again lol
Actually, PD sticks to ANY surface. I sprayed on a part of my caked rims just to try, it last over 6 months already. Just not those oily surface, it will be okay.

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
anyone tried aikka's plastidip? heard that it needs primer to stick/peel properly. price is pretty affordable too at rm3x onwards
Yes bro you must apply the plastic dip primer prior the colour dip. If not, you will hard a very super duper hard time to remove it. I did some review without the primer a few pages back.

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Then cost wise also same as plastidip already or even more expensive I guess. 1 primer rm3x + 1 colour rm3x total rm6x or more right?
Exactly. And it is not as durable as plastidip. The aikka surface is smooth and nice but soft. So scratching it is very very easy. Using only fingernail can put a deep scratch already. The good side of it is it has many colours.

syafiq72

Known Member
Sep 11, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Aikka still needs to do more R & D .Quite far behind where the base is concern. Colors are cool. Has anyone tried the new true metalics PD?

vvti2

Known Member
Apr 29, 2005
KL
Hey guys,

I have 9 cans of PD Black,
Do PM me if interested,
Bought extras,

Just finish PD my rims and skirtings,

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Aikka still needs to do more R & D .Quite far behind where the base is concern. Colors are cool. Has anyone tried the new true metalics PD?
Hey what happened to your sales post? I don't recall seeing you posting PD up for sale?

Hey guys,

I have 9 cans of PD Black,
Do PM me if interested,
Bought extras,

Just finish PD my rims and skirtings,
I think I want one. Will pm you

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Published Review here:

Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience