gauge meter

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
How many and type of gauges? Size of the gauges?
Cheap means how much? Ur budget?

The reason why ppl install gauges is to hv accurate reading of engine vitals, thus the gauges should be showing accurate reading and being durable. I would recommend decent ones, not those imitation.

No point seeing a real doctor, but eating fake pills, right?

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
well said, Ken.

If you want meters, get branded ones. They last and they look good. Best of all like Ken said, accurate reading. If not, it defeats the whole purpose of meter to see the reading. :)

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Like Shadow Gauges and AutoGauge Gauges will be good enough? Cuz Defis are really too expensive to own

biao

Known Member
Oct 21, 2012
perak / ipoh
How many and type of gauges? Size of the gauges?
Cheap means how much? Ur budget?

The reason why ppl install gauges is to hv accurate reading of engine vitals, thus the gauges should be showing accurate reading and being durable. I would recommend decent ones, not those imitation.

No point seeing a real doctor, but eating fake pills, right?
boost meter. size? got how many size?
i means cheap is original item but lower price. not imitation item.
budget RM200 is it ok?

---------- Post added at 02:44 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:43 PM ----------

Like Shadow Gauges and AutoGauge Gauges will be good enough? Cuz Defis are really too expensive to own
Defi? why expensive? i saw many sell very cheap, just around 100.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
boost meter. size? got how many size?
i means cheap is original item but lower price. not imitation item.
budget RM200 is it ok?

---------- Post added at 02:44 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:43 PM ----------

Defi? why expensive? i saw many sell very cheap, just around 100.
Budget RM200 then can go for Autogauge. Is ori. Fake one forget it. (Autogauge also have fake if not wrong)

RM100 for Defi? U surely need to survey more on the original price of Defi meters.
That's why we mentioned not to buy fake.

If ori Autogauge brands can cost up to RM200+-, I don't see any logic that well known brand like Defi would cost any less than Autogauge. :biggrin:

biao

Known Member
Oct 21, 2012
perak / ipoh
Budget RM200 then can go for Autogauge. Is ori. Fake one forget it. (Autogauge also have fake if not wrong)

RM100 for Defi? U surely need to survey more on the original price of Defi meters.
That's why we mentioned not to buy fake.

If ori Autogauge brands can cost up to RM200+-, I don't see any logic that well known brand like Defi would cost any less than Autogauge. :biggrin:
ya i know. in KL area where can get Autogauge this brand? got with stand?
i saw many type of gauge Defi sell very cheap.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
ya i know. in KL area where can get Autogauge this brand? got with stand?
i saw many type of gauge Defi sell very cheap.
Autogauge there is one shop selling in Sunway. Not sure kakimotor got or not. But if u ask me how to know is fake or ori, I not sure how to see for autogauge. Saw them selling at ENEOS but then if ENEOS is selling fake Momo steering the defi have to see carefully.

If Defi, there is a website to show how to see real or fake defi. A few photos for u to see and a link.

Be aware of fakes of Defi products | Defi - Exciting products by NS Japan

AUTOGAUGE Price list:

Auto Gauge Meter Gauge list all autogauge series of autogauge meter gauge

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
Original Autoguage is around RM200-250. Yes even this brand got fake ones these days.

Defi is expensive cos you need the control unit. 1 single boost meter + controller will cost you at least RM1K already.

Mechanical boost meter from Apexi also has loads of fake ones. Buy original ones. It sud cost around RM450-550.

I am using original SARD, mechanical one. I bought it 6 years ago for Rm350.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Original Autoguage is around RM200-250. Yes even this brand got fake ones these days.

Defi is expensive cos you need the control unit. 1 single boost meter + controller will cost you at least RM1K already.

Mechanical boost meter from Apexi also has loads of fake ones. Buy original ones. It sud cost around RM450-550.

Actually how to see which is mechanical and which comes with electric signal? Since it was mentioned in Autogauge website but the product description did not state which comes with electric signal and which is just normal mechanical type.

biao

Known Member
Oct 21, 2012
perak / ipoh

boost meter also have mechanical or electrical? what the different? is for control boost?

---------- Post added at 03:36 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 03:35 PM ----------

can member post up your airtrek interior picture where the gauge you all place it.

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
Mechanical Boost Meter - vacuum pipe directly connect to the back of the guage. There's a nipple to connect the pipe. Only 2/3 wires for the meter light.

Electronic Boost Meter - vacuum pipe connects to a control unit that looks like a small matchbox. The matchbox unit will send signal to the meter via wire. Usually electronic meter has opening ceremony and can check peak boost level.

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
best bang for buck when it comes to gauges would be shadow gauges

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Mechanical Boost Meter - vacuum pipe directly connect to the back of the guage. There's a nipple to connect the pipe. Only 2/3 wires for the meter light.

Electronic Boost Meter - vacuum pipe connects to a control unit that looks like a small matchbox. The matchbox unit will send signal to the meter via wire. Usually electronic meter has opening ceremony and can check peak boost level.
I read is more accurate than mechanical type right? Since they have the control unit/electronic signal.

---------- Post added at 08:46 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:45 PM ----------

best bang for buck when it comes to gauges would be shadow gauges
How much per piece bro?

egb18c

500 RPM
Feb 8, 2006
kuantan
if iam not mistaken price around rm300,slightly expensive than works gauge.but better though