GAB SS----> plz share ur comments

phantomRX8

Insignificant Fool
Mar 21, 2005
ISS
anyone using gab ss? any car model can discuss here..i'm using it on my neo cps..mixed feeling laa..still got body roll..maybe need change to 8kg spring rate in front huhu

papagoines

Orang Tua
Feb 6, 2006
Rawang/Selangor
anyone using gab ss? any car model can discuss here..i'm using it on my neo cps..mixed feeling laa..still got body roll..maybe need change to 8kg spring rate in front huhu
b4 dis use one semi adjustable GAB (height adj at front only) for my kancil... a bit hard but luv every minute of it.... sold it since recently I got a newborn in the family

neo cps got roll? drove my fren's neo ones... with only a few bars from ultra racing... suspension not mod... luv it, felt planted on corners... but that my feeling only la, since I drove only kancil before...

phantomRX8

Insignificant Fool
Mar 21, 2005
ISS
std suspension no mod is quite good..i juz din like the std height..looks n feels a tad too tall for me hehe got 19mm anti roll bar at the rear..so the response is instant but as i felt, front n also the rear is too soft..bump and rebound had the characteristic of hard absorbers..u can feel the car bouncing on uneven road hehe..but when it comes to cornering..the tires are well planted but i juz din feel confident to push it to the limit huhu

papagoines

Orang Tua
Feb 6, 2006
Rawang/Selangor
std suspension no mod is quite good..i juz din like the std height..looks n feels a tad too tall for me hehe got 19mm anti roll bar at the rear..so the response is instant but as i felt, front n also the rear is too soft..bump and rebound had the characteristic of hard absorbers..u can feel the car bouncing on uneven road hehe..but when it comes to cornering..the tires are well planted but i juz din feel confident to push it to the limit huhu
haha... you're more hardcore than me :adore:

for me, got a suspension that a bit firmer (not hard... most ppl dun know the diff) than standard.....is more than good enuff... for example like the suspension upgrade found in vios trd version

look at me babbling..... let's wait for suspension sifu to give their opinion...

EGNINE

500 RPM
Jan 8, 2006
i use gab ss on my car with 4/3kg...6/4kg too hard for me..... maybe u can try open ur camber -2deg front and -1.5deg rear...toe in few deg front n rear....i like that setting

klywh1

Mar 11, 2009
I also using GAB SS 5k/200 4k/220 too so far I am satisfied with the performance , to reduce bodyroll better try bigger front ARB mah to pair with your 19mm ARB at rear

phantomRX8

Insignificant Fool
Mar 21, 2005
ISS
haha... you're more hardcore than me :adore:

for me, got a suspension that a bit firmer (not hard... most ppl dun know the diff) than standard.....is more than good enuff... for example like the suspension upgrade found in vios trd version

look at me babbling..... let's wait for suspension sifu to give their opinion...
hehe not that hardcore lah..juz want to try take corner at speeds higher than 160 kmh:tongue: like genting corner hehe

---------- Post added at 09:09 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:06 AM ----------

i use gab ss on my car with 4/3kg...6/4kg too hard for me..... maybe u can try open ur camber -2deg front and -1.5deg rear...toe in few deg front n rear....i like that setting
how does it feel bro? is it more stable? or do u still can feel the body rolling? currently my front and rear 1 degree negative camber..

---------- Post added at 09:11 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:09 AM ----------

I also using GAB SS 5k/200 4k/220 too so far I am satisfied with the performance , to reduce bodyroll better try bigger front ARB mah to pair with your 19mm ARB at rear
yes2..i agree with ur suggestion..but where to get? i dun think ultra racing got front ARB for neo huhu

---------- Post added at 09:14 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:11 AM ----------

bro..u said 6/4kg too hard for u..then what did u do? u went back to gab dealer and get 4/3kg? how much was the price? or did u trade-in the old spring?

yeehau86

Helmet Clan
Feb 10, 2007
yes2..i agree with ur suggestion..but where to get? i dun think ultra racing got front ARB for neo huhu
check with the Ultra Racing authorized dealer here: Ultra Racing Malaysia Dealers

Proton Satria Neo Front Anti-roll Bar / Front Sway Bar / Front Stabilizer bar
UR-AR22-254

Proton Satria Neo Front Anti-roll Bar / Front Sway Bar / Front Stabilizer bar

Rear Anti-roll Bar / Rear Sway Bar / Rear Stabilizer Bar
Code : UR-AR19-057

19mm

Proton Satria Neo Rear Anti-roll Bar / Rear Sway Bar / Rear Stabilizer Bar

phantomRX8

Insignificant Fool
Mar 21, 2005
ISS
hehe thanx bro..i will contact ultra racing for the price

Last edited:

EGNINE

500 RPM
Jan 8, 2006
i change for free the spring becoz the shop give 1 week trial test until u satisfied which setting u wanted....actually 6/4kg is ok but the softest setting u'll feel like using GAB hi-lo...i wanted the softest setting to be as comfort as the oem feel...furthermore the hardest setting with 6/4kg will make ur car rattle so hard on our malaysian road

the feel is superb...no understeer...u can feel immediately the effect....actually the setting is for short corner.....long corner u'll feel some oversteer when u lift the pedal...easy to control understeer hehe:biggrin