Fuiyo!!! Somebody transplanting v8 into altezza?

1JZtezza

Known Member
Sep 26, 2008
All the nay-sayers seems to come from non-altezza owners.

Apart from Nissan(Cefiro and Silvia) other Jap makes dont have the platform and/or engines for this kind of transplant.

European makes-you can choose the platform then the engine eg Audi TT (1.8 I4 and 3.2v6)
BMW 3series(2L I4 to 3+L I6)

Outside their comfort zone look at Honda with their S2000;Vigor and NSX

A transverse mounted layout in the Honda would be more subsceptible to any weight changes it did not stop civic owners from modding Accord block Vtecs onto their cars

If I had listened to these nay-sayers I would never have done my 1JZ transplant and Altezza's would have been bullied by evo-protons;Type-Rs;scoobies and evo's

As for structural integrity the altezza was made for the american/european market in mind first and as owners will vouch its stronger than a BMW chassis.

This mod(3UZ) has already been done.

The great Steve Jobs said "STAY HUNGRY;STAY FOOLISH"

And we dont stay stupid!!!

green

Known Member
Apr 12, 2005
kl
true honda vtec owners will need to adjust their spring rates n damping to even out the weight increase from the accord block in front, with such lightweight chassis and an increase in final drive...fuiyoooo

of course its easier said than done, but its not rocket science either.

simply put, observe the newest lexus is-f from toyota

the chassis is based on the is250. so what do u think they did to make sure the is250 chassis can handle the v8 416hp 502nm monster?

thicken the anti roll bars
up the front n rear spring rates
up the shock absorbers damping
change the bushings to stronger ones for front n rear subframes
lower the car with revised suspension setup

why can be done? becoz the is250 chassis xe20 is an excellent chassis!!!! this is a successor to the sxe10 chassis which is also great! except perhaps a bit old now lolx

this being done by the oem manufacturer is testament to an ingenius strive for power n improvement to give the contis bmw n mercs a run for their money!!

moral of the story...can be done. but have to constructively go at it with ideas and study. not with just biblical nonsense and empty arguements.

and of course the journey toward a finished product is the fun part. not the ending. this i am sure all are already aware

gotta admire whoever is putting in the v8.....it takes patience & study to see it thru and i am already sure its not gonna be easy.

not anyone can do it.

peace

Charles

I brake very late....
Jan 7, 2004
Kota Kinabalu
Build blogs please..........please please please.....

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
everything can be done. It's just that for a mod to be valid and useful, overall considerations and mods must be done. Chassis, suspension and braking must be upped accordingly with engine transplant. If not power will be wasted.

1JZtezza

Known Member
Sep 26, 2008
I'm more interested in the 3UZ from the SC430 because that autobox is native on the Altezza RS200 as well.
Miss this!! Less hassle to use gearbox from the half-cut(3UZ) The :banghead::banghead::banghead: is in the minor details that you dont first notice!!!

---------- Post added at 01:50 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:46 PM ----------

everything can be done. It's just that for a mod to be valid and useful, overall considerations and mods must be done. Chassis, suspension and braking must be upped accordingly with engine transplant. If not power will be wasted.

Thanks for your concern but perhaps direct it to all those evo - protons with stock brakes and cut springs.

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
Thanks for your concern but perhaps direct it to all those evo - protons with stock brakes and cut springs.
Not directing to anyone. They might not accept it because some concentrate more on straight line performance. Some care more about safe but some care less. This is just my 2 cents. It's a matter of preferences.

D7zul

2,000 RPM
Feb 24, 2011
Shah Alam
with tons of money.. anything is possible..

30kg infront? not a problem..

do a chassis & suspension research from where the engine is from.. & copy it to the tezza..

& u're done

:biggrin:

BLaCkHoWLiNG

'(^^)|Most Awesome Member
Nov 14, 2003
PJ
www.autojunctions.com
I think it's not so much as in that person has did this before or that... if that's the case, watever we r driving.. i'm sure others have driven before.. hence what? we build our own engine and car ... a prototype?

It's about V8.. the spirit of.. VEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEIIIGGHHTTTT!!

Balance? wat is there that cannot be countered? have u weight the 1JZ vs 1UZ? 1UZ is aluminum block.. it dont weight that much..

all in all. ... v8 = worth it! :) cant wait to see a v8 altezza locally..

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Dear Friends

I am looking for brand new toyota 1995 supra engine.
Is there such a market for new engines of old model cars?

Does anyone manufacture these nowadays?

How about reconditioned engines that perform like new?

Sorry if my questions are naive.

I am not expert in this area.

regards
Richard Tan:driver:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience