fuel smell during boost kicking!

4gbanger

1,500 RPM
Jun 26, 2013
Johor/ShahAlam
Dear guys, have anyone here in this forum facing the same problem as mine?

during boosting, there's a fuel smell in the cabin. i try to seek some mechanic friend, and found nothing

leaks in the engine bay. weird but dangerous as it kept me feeling dizzy...

Pls advise anyone... TQ

bLACKjAC

Known Member
Aug 11, 2007
I had the same experience before. Initially I asked my mechanic to check the fuel regulator, hose, injectors, at the end I still have the same problem. Few month later, I did overhauled the engine, and the problem gone. I guess the smell may come out from engine

4gbanger

1,500 RPM
Jun 26, 2013
Johor/ShahAlam
are u using fuel regulator? need to re-calibrate it yr fuel too rich.
thanks bro.. will ask my mech frens to calibrate the pressure..

---------- Post added at 02:19 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:17 PM ----------

I had the same experience before. Initially I asked my mechanic to check the fuel regulator, hose, injectors, at the end I still have the same problem. Few month later, I did overhauled the engine, and the problem gone. I guess the smell may come out from engine
i think ur rite.. since there's no leaking at engine bay.. if it was because of fuel to rich, the smell would have came out from exhaust.. correct me if i'm wrong..

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
in my case, everytime i turned a sharp corner i will smell fuel....checked the engine parts but unable to trace...
so 1 fine day when i was pumping petrol in shell, the bangla suddenly pointed below my car...i was like wtf? he told me to bend down,
i saw fuel leaking from the hose connecting to the tank.

got it change the next day after that no fuel smell.

4gbanger

1,500 RPM
Jun 26, 2013
Johor/ShahAlam
in my case, everytime i turned a sharp corner i will smell fuel....checked the engine parts but unable to trace...
so 1 fine day when i was pumping petrol in shell, the bangla suddenly pointed below my car...i was like wtf? he told me to bend down,
i saw fuel leaking from the hose connecting to the tank.

got it change the next day after that no fuel smell.
haha... yup ur rite bro. sometimes the problem is not major problem at all. but still don't play2 with petrol smell..

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
I got the petrol smell when I start my engine in the morning or when the rev is high. At first I ignored it and later, it became stronger. When I pop up the hood, to my surprise the fuel regulator was leaking. It's like squirting out fuel, not dripping. So I tighten the clamp and problem resolved.

3 months later, same smell came out. I check the fuel regulator again, the bugger was again squirting fuel. So I removed everything and retighten again. Hope no more 3rd time!

kaninbu

500 RPM
Dec 2, 2008
KL
lol....squirting fuel ya....
sorry i saw wrongly,i tot foul smell.check ur fuel pump n is located under rear seat.btw is ur fc getting worse?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Heya guyz, i need ur help here from all sifu's and jinkl make sure u help me haha
im transplanting evo4 into my gen2, i bought the halfcut, everything was running fine there, brought back to the workshop, very experience worker also, anywayz, there's are some questions and i hope u guyz can help me, here is goes

1. when i got the engine, all i did was clean the inside gearbox and togethwer with locking to 2wd, and flush the gearbox,timing belt and air cond belt, we replace some hoses, wash...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience