fuel regulator

mines998

1,000 RPM
Dec 1, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
karl_razlie said:
WORKS?? ok la got 5 years warranty if i not mistaken... better buy ori SARD... from reputable shop...like SS Racing, N1, Millenium, Samurai racing etc...
Work is life time warranty I think

shah5755

Known Member
Apr 20, 2007
Pj....kch
frm wat i heard if WORKS parts no need to worry coz gerenti ori:biggrin:
looks like i had to be xtra careful later if wanna buy anything online:mad:

mines998

1,000 RPM
Dec 1, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Now day majority performance parts are made in China just carry a different name tag. But the item might be same manufacture.

Jul 27, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
bro im using works , set the pressure at 4 bar, but after a few spirited drives the pressure drops to 3 bar. Issit pump faulty or FPR faulty. Once I switched off the engine the psi doesn't drop suddenly, means tat the valve is ok right. Tried to change the pressure by turning the bolt on top but psi doent change. ANy ideas?

upontheriversky

Known Member
Dec 31, 2007
i have a question, my fuel rail has no return line, if i upgrade the fuel pump for more fueling purposes with stock injectors, whats the point of fuel regulator when the fuel is being pumped to max pressure at the returnless rail?

any problem with fuel pressure being too high?

Last edited:

karl_razlie

500 RPM
Apr 25, 2005
Puchong
if ur fuel pump pressure max 3bar then ur FR will not go more than 3bar...try to lower it down..if cannot than ur FR kong d....

Wilson13B

Known Member
Dec 15, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Just install a FPR from Tomei "Taiwan" .... at 1st the pressure rise to about 4.5Bar and it is adjustable.....but after driving for a while i feel the car lean out just like last time before the FPR has installed....after check found out the FPR reading drop from 4.5Bar to just 2Bar....try to turn the knob up but nothing happen and once turn off the engine the pressure straight drop to 0bar,just on the key last time the pressure will be 2 Bar and engine running is at 4.5Bar,now on the key,no pressure,engine running only get 2Bar ~

What happen,does the FPR kong dy.....would it be so fast =S

mines998

1,000 RPM
Dec 1, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Bro you set your pressure to 4.5bar during idling? In this case that way too high normaly fuel press should be at 2+bar during idling and it will go up while rpm go higher. If the fuel pressure only 2bar while engine running that is dangerous. Check the if there any leaking or if could be yr FR is defect.

Wilson13B

Known Member
Dec 15, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Bro you set your pressure to 4.5bar during idling? In this case that way too high normaly fuel press should be at 2+bar during idling and it will go up while rpm go higher. If the fuel pressure only 2bar while engine running that is dangerous. Check the if there any leaking or if could be yr FR is defect.
No lah....engine will stall lo if 4.5 bar at idle....i adjust it with vacuum hose unattached,if the vacuum hose is attached to it,it will drop to around 2 bar ~

Just now test the FPR with another external fuel pump....goes all the way til 5Bar and down to 2Bar without any problem....guess there is a problem in the fuel delivery line,i suspect the ori fuel regulator has leaking,need to sort that tomorow ~

karl_razlie

500 RPM
Apr 25, 2005
Puchong
dun buy replica FPR, use ori SARD or Works which got warranty.... for perodua car b4 u install this FPR first need to take out ur ori FR which inside ur tank... if not ur new FPR function is wasted d.... ori perodua 2.5bar at idle... if turbo hi-boost engine try set 3 or 3.5bar at idle.... btw make sure ur replica FPR valve or diafram inside is ok...other u will experience symptom like what u feel now..hehe

Wilson13B

Known Member
Dec 15, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Today take out and blocked the hole already.....but now new problem....the car run too rich,even i unscrew the adjusting nut the pressure still around 2.8-3bar which is too high for my car,now on free gear rev til 6K rpm the exhaust keep pop out fire and black smoke and on drive only got to 4K before pop out fire and black smoke....the engine can't rev beyond that revs.....i think is the fuel pump too big for the car already as it was from a 2JZ toyota Supra,anyway that i can decrease the pressure more?

Thanks =)

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I found this on the net. Any of the DIY kings wanna try it out? I can only access half the article though, sigh. Need to pay.

http://f2.autospeed.com/cms/A_0059/article...?popularArticle
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience