Fuel Pump

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
I am currently using the DW200 fuel pump for my Wira EVO, its very silent and it has gotten even more expensive. Got it from N1 Racing pre-GST was at RM380, now it is more than RM400 ~_~" I used Walbro before, it's freaking noisy
Let people know you using power pump......hhahhahahahhah:biggrin:

4gbanger

1,500 RPM
Jun 26, 2013
Johor/ShahAlam
im using avs 255lph.. very slow whining sound almost cant be heard. there's also other reliable brand. DW 255 or aem.. but both prices high. avs is much more value for money.

biao

Known Member
Oct 21, 2012
perak / ipoh
i already install a new pump brand Epman.
first, after install new pump feel look great. nothing happen.
but after 2weeks i feel that on high speed when i need kick down the paddle more, i feel that no response like no fuel come.
starting i suspect my afc, but i change a new unit on last 1yr plus.
after that i check my fuel regulator meter, show me 0. omg
so i try to adjust the pressure go up, but cant. some time can some time cant.
so on last week i send my car go Ah wah shop to check and repair the exhaust extractor.
but Ah wah can adjust the pressure go up the level. omg....after that all normal.
but after few days the problem come again. look like fuel pressure low. then i check the meter again. show me below 1bar...alamak.then i suspect my fuel regulator spoil. so today i send my fuel regulator to sunway Works Engineering shop to repair because is under lifetime warranty. so the guy sat if after repair the problem stil appear. then my fuel pump must add relay, he say normal change the performance pump must add relay make it more electric supply.
so i need ask the sifu all at here. you all change the performance pump like wabro 255lph or other brands. do you all have add the relay for the fuel pump?

sweelt

2,000 RPM
Nov 6, 2016
Penang
As mentioned all stock, still at 0.6 stock boost. Car is old, certain parts may not stand up to higher boost.......lol:biggrin:
Same here, all stock. Just warm start still small issue. :p
Bov also black plastic. Air filter also black box. Wahaha.
As long 3rd gear give the wooshhh...:driver:

weiye

Jan 26, 2014
Singapore
Nope when change performance fuel pump, i never had to add a relay. Could there be a vacuum leak (i.e. loose vacuum hoses/ boost leak)? or when the mech changed the fuel pump for you, was the fuel filter clogged? There's also a small fuel grommet (rubber like cap) at the fuel pump assembly that could crack. Just make sure your fuel grommet and fuel filter (at the fuel pump assembly) are not cracked or clogged. Then do a boost leak test to check vacuum. Last thing is to change fuel regulator liao.

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
my new Walbro was just plug and play. No need rewiring or what so ever done to electrical. Suggest you open up the fuel pump to check if it's installed properly.

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
i already install a new pump brand Epman.
first, after install new pump feel look great. nothing happen.
but after 2weeks i feel that on high speed when i need kick down the paddle more, i feel that no response like no fuel come.
starting i suspect my afc, but i change a new unit on last 1yr plus.
after that i check my fuel regulator meter, show me 0. omg
so i try to adjust the pressure go up, but cant. some time can some time cant.
so on last week i send my car go Ah wah shop to check and repair the exhaust extractor.
but Ah wah can adjust the pressure go up the level. omg....after that all normal.
but after few days the problem come again. look like fuel pressure low. then i check the meter again. show me below 1bar...alamak.then i suspect my fuel regulator spoil. so today i send my fuel regulator to sunway Works Engineering shop to repair because is under lifetime warranty. so the guy sat if after repair the problem stil appear. then my fuel pump must add relay, he say normal change the performance pump must add relay make it more electric supply.
so i need ask the sifu all at here. you all change the performance pump like wabro 255lph or other brands. do you all have add the relay for the fuel pump?

open back the fuel pump and check if the connecting hose inside still ok or burst pecah....

especialy if the hose wasnt replaced using the supplied new hose.....and in addition, that hose not same as normal fuel hose bought at sparepart shop....not compatible....

last time while im troubleshooting of my forester fuelling problem, using that normal hose, after 1 week the hose almost torn apart...luckily i'checked back...

now running aeromotive stealth 340lph fuel pump....silent yet very good flow...

last time using walbro...noisy,unstable pressure when hot....same goes to walbro in my rally car...almost didnt finish the rally recently in johor due to that alone...:banghead:

biao

Known Member
Oct 21, 2012
perak / ipoh
Nope when change performance fuel pump, i never had to add a relay. Could there be a vacuum leak (i.e. loose vacuum hoses/ boost leak)? or when the mech changed the fuel pump for you, was the fuel filter clogged? There's also a small fuel grommet (rubber like cap) at the fuel pump assembly that could crack. Just make sure your fuel grommet and fuel filter (at the fuel pump assembly) are not cracked or clogged. Then do a boost leak test to check vacuum. Last thing is to change fuel regulator liao.
on yesterday, i have ask mech to open and check it. he pull out the whole set fuel pump unit. everything is ok. my fuel regulator just service change all the seal internal.

biao

Known Member
Oct 21, 2012
perak / ipoh
open back the fuel pump and check if the connecting hose inside still ok or burst pecah....

especialy if the hose wasnt replaced using the supplied new hose.....and in addition, that hose not same as normal fuel hose bought at sparepart shop....not compatible....

last time while im troubleshooting of my forester fuelling problem, using that normal hose, after 1 week the hose almost torn apart...luckily i'checked back...

now running aeromotive stealth 340lph fuel pump....silent yet very good flow...

last time using walbro...noisy,unstable pressure when hot....same goes to walbro in my rally car...almost didnt finish the rally recently in johor due to that alone...:banghead:

open again already. no hose loose or crack.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi Master there,
i'm a junior in this scene.
I wish to convert my 4g15 dohc 16V to 4g93t,is it possible?
if ok,then the 4g93t should be in range of 96-98 version,rite?
1. i got ask 1 workshop,to complete the conversion,i need to pay around 7K++,is it ok?
2. then my dashboard and many xtra should be match as the halfcut,rite?so may i retain my original dashboard and xtra?And my car is original 4wd,is that need to b locked 4 the conversion?
3.so if the dashboard and the xtra thing is...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience