FUEL INJECTOR CLEANER

leinnz

Known Member
Sep 28, 2005
What about Bluechem fuel system cleaner, don't see much info/review on this?
Would it be better to pump Ron95/Ron97 with the fuel system cleaner or just go with v-power racing?
I use it. it's good and comparable to techron.

I'm a huge supporter of bluechem and I've done and written a review on bluechem engine flushes in ZTH in the past. Bluechem fuel system cleaner probably would have saved me a lot of hassle with my clogged catcon but I didn't have the time to buy one to try.

Personally I think if you use bluechem or vpower racing - it'll work to some extent. The best cleaning method is still taking it out and having it serviced by a mech who has the injector cleaner machine.
You can get it at Hyundai service centre actually. i bought those bottles from Hyundai SC.

Reactions: Senscents

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
I have tried the Bluechem Fuel System Cleaner on my Evo just last week. No difference but my purpose is not to clean injectors (coz my injectors are new) but to remove any water or other contamination from the whole fuel system.

I have also bought the Bluechem engine flush, but haven't used it yet, hopefully it's good.

As for cleaning clogged cats, I have bought another product from UK called Cata Clean, quite damn expensive at rm150/btl! My Swift regular shop sells it and I saw his result looks impressive. Planning to try it on my Mark X.
I've used their engine flush. It's not the same as the flush you buy elsewhere. You pour in the flush and drive your car around for another 10-20km and it sort of changes the dirty oil into some viscous mix. When you drain it comes out watery and white, then anything caught in the flush comes out quite interesting small chunks. I use another bottle of cheap oil to flush again after that and the oil comes out the same colour it goes in. Not much left inside the engine.

Oh this is my writeup : Product testing : Blue Chem fuel system clean

Incidentally - why do you use so many flushes and cleaners? If there's no need to do it then you don't need to do it and there's no benefit to do it. Your cash your choice though.

1) What will be the cost for their service for cleaning the injector?
2) At what mileage, do we need to perform the said task?
3) Do we get to see the internal before and after ?
1. Last time I paid RM240 for 4 injectors. But that was a while back - I don't know how much it is today. Try asking shops for a quote.
2. Usually it's a as and when situation. Cuz if you have access to poor quality petrol then it'll potentially be earlier. Just monitor your fuel consumption and power. If there's a drop and you've checked and replaced other things then it's probably a good idea to clean.
3. Usually if you are there at the shop you can see the actual cleaning itself. When I did it at GTAuto the boss did it while explaining how the cleaner works and all and showed me everything. Depends on the shop I guess.

Reactions: Senscents and 6UE5t

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
I've used their engine flush. It's not the same as the flush you buy elsewhere. You pour in the flush and drive your car around for another 10-20km and it sort of changes the dirty oil into some viscous mix. When you drain it comes out watery and white, then anything caught in the flush comes out quite interesting small chunks. I use another bottle of cheap oil to flush again after that and the oil comes out the same colour it goes in. Not much left inside the engine.

Incidentally - why do you use so many flushes and cleaners? If there's no need to do it then you don't need to do it and there's no benefit to do it. Your cash your choice though.

1. Last time I paid RM240 for 4 injectors. But that was a while back - I don't know how much it is today. Try asking shops for a quote.
2. Usually it's a as and when situation. Cuz if you have access to poor quality petrol then it'll potentially be earlier. Just monitor your fuel consumption and power. If there's a drop and you've checked and replaced other things then it's probably a good idea to clean.
3. Usually if you are there at the shop you can see the actual cleaning itself. When I did it at GTAuto the boss did it while explaining how the cleaner works and all and showed me everything. Depends on the shop I guess.
The Chemlube Fuel System Cleaner I use on the Evo just to remove water contamination if any and to see if can improve fuel economy! Lol.

The Chemlube engine flush I will use later on my Evo coz I am planning to change to Amsoil engine oil.

The CataClean is for my Mark X to clean the cat converters and O2 sensors coz never done before. Lately starting this year the check engine light sometimes comes on. Initial scan shows my AFS is not normal anymore so I have changed it. The symptoms now much reduced but once a while can still occurs especially on long trips so I want to try this cat cleaner to see if it totally solves the issue.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya

Need to do OCI on time, use good engine oil then probably no need flush......lol

Not only poor fuel quality but need to change fuel filter, which is often forgotten until some problem crops up.......hhahahhaha

Reactions: Izso

Senscents

Dec 5, 2019
Need to do OCI on time, use good engine oil then probably no need flush......lol

Not only poor fuel quality but need to change fuel filter, which is often forgotten until some problem crops up.......hhahahhaha
How often do we need to change the fuel filter for diesel and petrol?

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
How often do we need to change the fuel filter for diesel and petrol?
Heard diesel is shorter interval because of water in diesel fuel or something like that . Petrol for me is like 30k km, sometimes cheat, take out, shake and pour out the contents on a white piece of paper, see how much dirt comes out first......hahhaha

sweelt

2,000 RPM
Nov 6, 2016
Penang
Heard diesel is shorter interval because of water in diesel fuel or something like that . Petrol for me is like 30k km, sometimes cheat, take out, shake and pour out the contents on a white piece of paper, see how much dirt comes out first......hahhaha
Fuel filter kinda forgotten parts. Is really dirty.
Before i pour gumout FI cleaner, i replaced fuel filter.

Reactions: satria81

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Fuel filter kinda forgotten parts. Is really dirty.
Before i pour gumout FI cleaner, i replaced fuel filter.
I have heard from my mechanic , got 2 clients, complain jerking, no power. First of course check plugs, timing etc. In the end, took out fuel filter, almost blocked already.......lol

satria81

500 RPM
Sep 19, 2005
PETALING JAYA
I have heard from my mechanic , got 2 clients, complain jerking, no power. First of course check plugs, timing etc. In the end, took out fuel filter, almost blocked already.......lol
fuel filter is an important factor that i have missed,

please advise, is the fuel filter of evo7 in the fuel tank or it is mounted externally .

Thank you for sharing.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
fuel filter is an important factor that i have missed,

please advise, is the fuel filter of evo7 in the fuel tank or it is mounted externally .

Thank you for sharing.
I google and seems it is in the tank type. Any Evo 7 member can confirm?

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Evo has in-tank and outside as well. Apparently 8 and 9 only have intank and that one is supposedly lifetime?
How to be lifetime, sure get stuck after a while. My VR actually have both too. But In tank one is just a plastic one, not enclosed type, probably just to block larger particles only. The main one is in the engine compartment. That one will be changed on schedule.....

Darth Evillus

Known Member
Jan 16, 2019
I use cataclean.

Oh boy this is some good stuff. It does magic to my 12 year old latio and even on a newer car it revs much smoother. The noise and roughness of revness is subject to engine oil that i use though.

Costs rm 135 per bottle. I use on every engine oil change when i have abt 2 bars petrol left drive for 15 minutes before refuel.

I also use nx5000 for carbon cleaning.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi to all sifu....

i hv a mod car but now got bit problem here hope all sifu can gv me a idea here thank you very much.......

when my car rav till 5k rpm (sometime start fr 4k+) it always not smoth n some times sounds like "PopPopPop ...." can any1 help me out ???
tried out used to control the fuel but still the same - or + fuel also same ...... change the plug n cable also the same.....
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience