fuel consumption for sw20

LA53OKD

Known Member
Jun 19, 2005
KL
its something like 50 or 55 like that

razmrtwo

Mar 10, 2008
Mine does 4.7km/l with heavy right foot. If driven gently, I think it can do 7km/l

EDDYSW20

Known Member
Oct 16, 2009
Negeri Sembilan
I always fill it up full..... from empty and it does take around 45-47 liters. I do not wait for the tank to run total dry (54 liters)...... anyway, RM90-RM95 of RON97 for 400kms standard for the past few months. Its a little better with V-power, but the petrol price defeats the fuel saved..... and I run a 245 powerplant..... my 2EFE and 4EFTE was way waaaayyyyyy better...... but less a 100hp and 700cc laaaa.... heheheh

And yes, I am the guy with the tons of spare parts, selling dirt cheap and still everyones interested in getting new stuff, or expensive stuff from the net, you rich fellas!! hahahaha....

And if you need some technical advice, I may be of assistance since I've practically dismantled and reassembled the whole car a few times..... front, back, inside, up and down...... soon to be dismantled again to be sent to the paint shop!!

Cheers guys.....

---------- Post added at 05:21 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 05:18 PM ----------

Sorry, I meant 2E-TELU.... always get that wrong!! Incase you're wondering it's a starlet.... love that small machine!

EDDYSW20

Known Member
Oct 16, 2009
Negeri Sembilan
5 refuels ago.... for a consecutive 2 refueling found that the car only did 350kms..... that was not good. Started looking here and there but noted the battery was weak, and headlights pretty dim...... so, replaced the battery about 3 refuels ago, and the fuel consumption has decreased back to its 400kms per refuel.... and that came with better headlights beam, better performance, and better power..... just a freakin battery change!!!

alvin24

3,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
whoa... serious shit... my car only does 300+km on full tank... and it's an n/a... -__-"
something must not be right... sigh

EDDYSW20

Known Member
Oct 16, 2009
Negeri Sembilan
Serious man..... anyway, for your analytic purposes..... this is the summary....

Year 2010 :
Fuel pumped in 1634 Liters, Distance travelled 13663 Kms, consumption comes to an average of 11.96 liters/100kms or 8.36 kms/liter with the best record being 10.57 L/Km and the worst being 13.32 L/km. The worst was recorded during the battery issue!

This has to take into consideration the fact that I run on 235/45ZR17 at the rear, which makes the odo a little inacurate. 150km/h speedo is 160km/h GPS, and other odos read 165km/h. Its that far off!!

Alvin, you could be pushin your N/A a little too much, if thats the case, then you're better off with the turbo charged engine. I usually drive from 20km/h to 100km/h in 8 seconds or so...... good consumption, but still ahead of traffic, way ahead. why not from 0? Cause waste petrol and burn rubber..... especially after my silap spinout on first gear, I only accel on second now.... kinda laaa..... hehehehe.....

Last edited:

alvin24

3,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
lolz... yeah, I'm still trying to figure out what's with my FC. -__-"

It could be that I take a lot of small roads to work... practically half my journey to work is on 3rd gear (takes me 20km to go to work... so 10km on 3rd gear). On the other hand, my Myvi doesn't suffer from bad FC when I use the same way to work...

Anyway, ultimately the plan is to shove in a turbo... but learning to drive the car while it's still n/a... so transplant I only foresee it happening in 2012 lah... not that soon. Wanna also see how far can this n/a go... where does it stand when on track with other 2-litre n/a

EDDYSW20

Known Member
Oct 16, 2009
Negeri Sembilan
Hemmmm, somehow I do not think you'll be prepared for the turbo, using your N/A..... its just different.... you venture into new terrain with the turbo installed...... like, drifting on a straight road! drifting after a turn! tyre spin out after a little more throttle on first gear! And bet you'll be shocked how quick you finish up those rpms..... rpm cuts.... and start hunting around for the next gear! Hahahaha.... kena a few times when first bought la..... tarak biasa rpm reach 7+k in 2+ secs..... on first gear la..... hahahahah..... and my favorite..... throttling to make turns at the roundabout..... d amn nice...... definetely can't do it on N/A..... friends interested in the car tarak berani test drive after I brought them thorugh a roundabout and showed them the capability for the car changes steer angle using only throttle input, steering maintain, otak standby for disaster..... lolz..... :evil:

alvin24

3,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
LoLz... well, it's not that i'm inexperienced... had been playing cars for the past 8 years or so, and I sold off my 350hp Satria evo to be replaced by the MR2. I understand well how a turbo performs. What I wanted, was a change of platform... so the MR2 it is.

There's 2 main reasons why I gotten myself an n/a MR2 to start off with.

Reason 1:
So that I can concentrate on learning how to handle the car better, because n/a powerband is much more linear than stock turbos (due to many critics say MR2 is hard to handle - better safe than sorry mah). It's easier to estimate the throttle power, thus easier to learn how the car behaves under various situations, and learning the car's limits. With past turbo engine experiences, different engine+turbo+tuning setup will have the car behave differently. Even my evo with and without the highcams behaved totally different. So I didn't want to have too many factors in my equations on learning how to drive it.
*not sure if that makes sense to you guys... not sure how else to explain that... haha*

Reason 2:
Cheaper to buy an n/a and transplant than to buy a turbo. Turbo halfcuts + LSD i asked were going around for 5k++. Transplant fees roughly about 1.2-1.5k if no dashboard rewiring required, of course not including hidden costs.
I see most people selling turbos for 55k plus minus... where as N/A goes below 40k.

That is the logic I've come up with lar. I don't expect to be able to 'master' the car's handling anywhere under 1 year. U all sifu have been driving the car for ages will have to teach me! =)

I got join GRA a couple rounds before with my satria evo... but my category winners are all 4WD and RWD... somehow the FF feels a bit lacking... further more satria + evo engine handles like CRAP... front too heavy, understeers A LOT. Must slowly plan my REVENGE in the MR2! haha

edit:
Just realized I'm kaukau off topic. LoLz...

To add, my Satria mixed driving also can get 330km per 40 liters petrol.
My close to stock MR2 n/a seems to be doing the same kind of mileage... -__-"
It's quite frustrating since I'm having less than HALF the power of my satria now with equal mileage -__-"

Last edited:

EDDYSW20

Known Member
Oct 16, 2009
Negeri Sembilan
Wahahaha...... superb!! A 350Hp Satrialution!! Straight line must have been dramatic, and corners must have been scary.... I agree the satrialution is too light a car, the wiralution is much better...... bet you the inspiralution would be great though!!!

So, now I understand your reasoning, and kind of figured out your crappy FC. A RWD usually consumes much more than a FWD, thats what I've noticed. Could be different per manufacturers spec. And if you're used to a 350 horse car, I cannot even comprehend how you drive in a MYvi..... must be kinda sad...... hahaha..... just kidding bro!

Anyway, good you think an MR2 will be able to revenge..... hehehe, I'm glad..... a little proud too.... huahahah..... so, how long you've been 'training'? From understeer to oversteer..... i like more oversteer..... used to go off road with my satria, many many years ago...... loved it, but still think MR2 a better trade..... can do oversteer on the dry road!! Satria can only do understeer on dry road.... huhuhuhu....

Kudos Alvin, all the best in your 'training' and FC regulation....

alvin24

3,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
Yea, Satrialution handling quite teruk... wira would definitely be better... i think with the evo engine my satria weight distribution is probably something like 80% on front tires. LoLz... got LSD helps a lot when I floor my way out of the apex... but I'd imagine on a wira it would be more awesome. =p

hAHAHa... My satria I just sold off not long ago to get the MR2, the Myvi was with me 2 years plus already. Myvi is my everyday car ma... satria/mr2 is more for weekend use. LoLz... believe it or not, I've had the myvi for 2 years++ now and I've never revved it past 4k rpm before. LoLz... I quite slow driver on the roads wan... on tracks is a whole different alvin24 unleashed. LOLz... Myvi fuel consumption is quite excellent lah... pump 50-55 bux of 95 ron can go past 400km. If drive outstation I went past 600km before.

I think it's going to take a while before I reach the stage of getting my revenge. HAHAHA... GRA somehow I feel favors 4WDs more than RWDs. Need you guys to teach me how to handle the MR2 better... right now, I'm still quite the noob. lolz...

Btw, Eddy you're from Nilai right? Which part? Any open spaces to practice ar? Maybe I come over cari u yumcha one day... lolz. You seem to own a workshop or something, got so many parts for sale wan!

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

It's hard to describe how the new 5 look. Is it a stunner? Not exactly. It doesn't look particularly thought provoking does it? Much less in photos to be honest. But as I approach the brand new 530i M-Sport for first time in the wild, the visibly larger, more expensive looking physique gave me something else to think about...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience