spykey

500 RPM
Dec 24, 2006
dchild,
good info's dude:)..

d/addict,eager more info's fr u..cheers

thehornbag

Jan 3, 2007
never thought that japs could be that dishonest...anyway guys if you need to verify your skyline's VIN feel free to PM your VIN. =)

kol_m_53100

Known Member
Feb 21, 2006
not sure if its true,ignore if its not...Vspec Nur is tuned base on the Nurburgring track hence the name Nur is added...so the car will have a different suspension then other vspec model and bits and pieces as what DarkChild's mentioned....

Liner

Known Member
May 4, 2005
Oh, and I forgot to mention...
russwestwood mentioned
This is true. Alot of second hand car dealers (I shall not point fingers) pass their cars off as newer cars simply because they can sell it at better prices. Usually you can check the cars manufacturing year from the tags on the safety belts but many are cutting them off now. So, here are a few things that might give you clues to whether or not what you're getting is genuine.

First of all, look at the color of the stitching on the seats, steering wheel and arm rest. Earlier models have red stitching.
Back light of A/C display is greenish not white-ish and the color of the writing on the fuse box is yellow on the later models. I guess these little changes took place from the production of V-Spec II model onwards.
The interior of the later models are also different, the later models comes in black trim while the earlier ones such as 1999 comes in grey trim. When i was looking at gtr's months ago, most of them are grey trim and second hand dealers swear its 2002 model even when the database clearly states its 1999. I guess the easy way out is to check the colour of the trim. I have tried checking for the seltbelt sash too but most of them are ripped off already.

Whats even worse is that some dealers are selling standard GTR's as vspecs only to check in NISSAN FAST later that its a normal GTR and even the diffusers are not carbon fibre. Most GTR's sold by dealers are 1999 models, as profit margins are higher and saleability is alot higher when prices are around the 260 mark. What darkchild say is right, the gold vin plate is one of the sure tell signs.

DarkChild

1,000 RPM
Nov 16, 2003
Kuala Lumpur
russwestwood, maybe some day... *laughs*

Forgot to mention a couple more things so the two posts above are edited.

kol m 53100,
I'm not sure if that is right. I've never read anything that mentions the suspension have been revised on the Nur's. As far as I know, only the M-Spec Nur's leather seats, seat foam, had been altered to give a better ride in conjunction with the Ripple Control dampers.

Yup, Liner is right. Only V-Spec II's and later came with the black interior.
If you're wondering why the R34 GTR market has been steadily on the decline, this is the reason why. It's because of these dodgy used car sales dealers that tamper with the market value of the car, selling something when it's clearly not.

Last edited:

Liner

Known Member
May 4, 2005
russwestwood, maybe some day... *laughs*

Forgot to mention a couple more things so the two posts above are edited.

kol m 53100,
I'm not sure if that is right. I've never read anything that mentions the suspension have been revised on the Nur's. As far as I know, only the M-Spec Nur's leather seats, seat foam, had been altered to give a better ride in conjunction with the Ripple Control dampers.

Yup, Liner is right. Only V-Spec II's and later came with the black interior.
If you're wondering why the R34 GTR market has been steadily on the decline, this is the reason why. It's because of these dodgy used car sales dealers that tamper with the market value of the car, selling something when it's clearly not.

Yea, from what i know , the mspecs have heated seats and just softer suspension setting as it is meant for the luxury category.

U mean decline as in the supply or demand ? From what i see, the r34gtr that has been on sale is alot especially from dealers. I hope in 6 weeks time when im back there is still sufficent supply for potential purchase :P But on the other hand with the tampering of the market value or on the import papers, are there any cases where the government found out its actual value and reposses the car?

Liner

Known Member
May 4, 2005
i see, all cool.. Does anyone knows the NUR's output on wheels ? The ones here in australia already have pfc and so on. Im wondering what figures they make at stock or even basic bpu upgrades. The ztune here recently improved from 300 to 370rwkw just on tuning

DarkChild

1,000 RPM
Nov 16, 2003
Kuala Lumpur
Some one in Japan dyno'ed a bone stock Nur at 340ps at the wheels on 100 octane fuel which is available in Japan.

In USA, California, a bloke dyno'ed his Nur at 279.5bhp at the wheels but this is on a low boost of 0.6kPa as he was using 91 octane U.S. premium pump gas. His car detonated on stock boost of 0.9.
After he fitted an Apexi PowerFC+commander+boost control kit, M's twin K&N intake and NGK Iridium spark plugs, on 1.0 bar of boost with 91 octane U.S. pump gas (Ron+Mon/2), he managed 359 HP @ 7300 rpm, 306 lb-ft @ 4300 rpm on all 4 wheels.

I've fitted downpipes, de-cat and catback exhaust, intake hard pipe kit with air filters (intercooler and intake pipings) and a boost controller and I got 360hp on wheels on a stock boost of 0.9.

Liner

Known Member
May 4, 2005
Some one in Japan dyno'ed a bone stock Nur at 340ps at the wheels on 100 octane fuel which is available in Japan.

In USA, California, a bloke dyno'ed his Nur at 279.5bhp at the wheels but this is on a low boost of 0.6kPa as he was using 91 octane U.S. premium pump gas. His car detonated on stock boost of 0.9.
After he fitted an Apexi PowerFC+commander+boost control kit, M's twin K&N intake and NGK Iridium spark plugs, on 1.0 bar of boost with 91 octane U.S. pump gas (Ron+Mon/2), he managed 359 HP @ 7300 rpm, 306 lb-ft @ 4300 rpm on all 4 wheels.

I've fitted downpipes, de-cat and catback exhaust, intake hard pipe kit with air filters (intercooler and intake pipings) and a boost controller and I got 360hp on wheels on a stock boost of 0.9.
Isnt 91 octane abit too low? Maybe he would get better results with 98 octane. Most normal GTR's in aussie are making 250-270rwkw with basic mods such as ebc and pfc which is about 360rwhp. Would u say the N1 goodies they have in NUR is more towards reliability ? ie can withstand more hp and power with stronger internals.

DarkChild

1,000 RPM
Nov 16, 2003
Kuala Lumpur
Liner,

The US fuels are quoted as Ron+Mon/2, which is usually about 5 units lower (since Mon is generally about 10 lower than Ron on pump fuels). 91 Pump Octane US is equivalent to about 95/96 M'sia RON Octane. 91 octane was the highest octane pump gas the owner had available in Southern California at that time (2003). I do not know if they have higher grade of fuel available now.
For more information on the fuel ratings, visit Octane Explanation

I'm sure it's pretty easy to extract power out of a GTR. N1 engine's were built to last as they were homorogation engine's for the Super Endurance Race. So I guess you can say they're more reliable. The engine is balanced and blueprinted and from my personal experience, it's very much smoother. The standard GTR's came with ceramic exhaust wheels so boost should not be increased above 1 bar as they will fail if too much heat is produced but the Nur came with N1 turbines. These larger turbo’s with steel exhaust wheels allow you to safely run them up to 1.5 bar. I'm pretty sure more power can be generated if the boost is wound up but I would suggest getting a bigger fuel pump, larger injectors and proper tuning.
I've seen a Nur pushing 600-650whp on stock internals. This is of course, pushing it to the limit. Everything was uprated except the engine bottom.
Your figures are rwkw. I think there would be more drivetrain loss if it were awkw, no? If I'm not mistaken it's roughly 25%.

Last edited:

Liner

Known Member
May 4, 2005
yea wikipedia is not always accurate

DarkChild,
Yeap, awkw has more drivetrain loss than rwkw. Interesting note on the Nur's being smoother... Wonder how much smoother it is. Most normal GTR's are pushing 450rwhp on stock internals here. So i guess thats where all the n1 parts have the upperhand.

The n1 turbos have been a popular choice for gtr owners and has never turned back since. But the targa tasmania here or tarmac rally some of the gtr's have switched back from n1 turbos to stock ones and have produced better results.