Front right kruk kruk kruk noise

Supachip

Known Member
Apr 9, 2004
puucuung
When driving on bumpy road, my car tends to have kruk kruk kruk noise from the front right suspension.

Foreman jacked up the car and shaked the wheel but found nothing's wrong.

He can't feel any freeplay on the wheel.

Anyone knows why? Would lower arm bush be the problem?

Without freeplay on wheel but still got the noise how to check?

Thanks,

beatnik

500 RPM
Nov 28, 2004
Visit site
best way is to jack up the car, take out the wheel and inspect the bushings, lower arm ball joint, arb link, absorber etc..

i find that most mechs are very lazy to do this.. until now i cannot find the cause of my tuk tuk sound :mad:

Kopi

500 RPM
May 18, 2004
Cheras
Visit site
actually it's hard to determine problem caused by sound. Only speculations can be made from here. The only best way is to have someone drive ur car and hear the 'kruking' sound to detect what it is.

From what u describe, only hear on bumpy road... I speculate spring and absorber problem. Try spray WD40 to the absorber shaft and then drive on bumpy road to hear if the sound is still here. Maybe the absorber shaft got dirty.

masvidal

Known Member
May 13, 2004
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site
i have this problem also.

the cause is from the lowered spring which i cut 1 roll to make it even with the rear spring.

reason for the noise is that the spring is not fit nicely in the absorber 'mangkuk' anymore bcoz i already cut it.

acbc

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
KD
Front right absorber mounting... check it 1st. Mine used to be like this until I upgraded to Titan pillowball mount.

half_lif3

Known Member
Apr 16, 2005
Supachip said:
When driving on bumpy road, my car tends to have kruk kruk kruk noise from the front right suspension.

Foreman jacked up the car and shaked the wheel but found nothing's wrong.

He can't feel any freeplay on the wheel.

Anyone knows why? Would lower arm bush be the problem?

Without freeplay on wheel but still got the noise how to check?

Thanks,
wat's ur car model dude?
my proton saga..also got this kiond of stupid prob...
mech also sakit kepala

Supachip

Known Member
Apr 9, 2004
puucuung
I fixed the problem already. Tech had checked all bushes, checked freeplay on the arms and driveshaft but no freeplay at all.

Hence, I decided to check by myself.

Lastly, I've noticed that there's a crack on the absorber upper mounting's rubber (visible through the engine compartment). After replacing the upper mounting, problem solved. Happy with the result now.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Email: [email protected]

We specialize in a wide range of products such as Car Audio,laptops,mobile phones, plasma & lcd tv, mp3 & mp4 players,video games console, digital cameras, dvd players (Etc) atcheap & affordable prices.All of our products are brand new, never used, never rebuilt.We maintain multiple-supplier sources for our products as a means of being able to continually offer the best products at the best prices. All of our products arebacked by a...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience