fresh stock tune up. part 2

zach

Known Member
Feb 15, 2007
this is the second thread from the most rated thread iv posted a few months back. having all the guidelines of a stock car tune up(mod). here is some tune up's iv made over time;

• pivot raizin vs
  • k&n open pod air filter with heat shield
  • r3 sports springs(lowered and slightly stiffer)
  • r3 performance muffler(lightweight muffler)
  • advanti sports rims
  • weight reduction stage 1

now i seek for futher modifications to be done :]

of course i would like to thank our zth member cartoon for helping me out mostly :]

hope to get some replies and especially from cartoon :]

thanks!

Last edited:

zach

Known Member
Feb 15, 2007
hmm..i dont mean to be crude but those are quite typical stuff for 2,3,4

im already using a 0W-30 full syn oil which is quite difficult to get in most places and my gf will tint my car window which im not bothered. the most overrated mod is having the biggest bagpipe muffler and tip. which only increases your fc and your psychological car speed...

since iv been using a open pod + heatshield, time for some new gen cai's, say hello to pipercross baby!!

also i just added a mod that iv just remembered to my first post :]

jinkl

4,000 RPM
May 22, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
this is the second thread from the most rated thread iv posted a few months back. having all the guidelines of a stock car tune up(mod). here is some tune up's iv made over time;
  • pivot raizin vs
  • k&n open pod air filter with heat shield
  • r3 sports springs(lowered and slightly stiffer)
  • r3 performance muffler(lightweight muffler)
  • advanti sports rims
  • weight reduction stage 1
now i seek for futher modifications to be done :]

of course i would like to thank our zth member cartoon for helping me out mostly :]

hope to get some replies and especially from cartoon :]

thanks!
ok here goes mine, im nt sure if i have posted for u b4
first question is what are you looking for , the horsepower increase you want
do u want performance ? looks ? handling ?

do remember , building a car aint cheap

for handling i will recommend u adjustables , specially Titans
UR bars are handy , the main front are the most important
ur bushings are still new like virgins , please just use them for this while , PU bushes ain cheap , they might even reach 1k

bout performance , since u said Huakeny's mods are just typical
here u go , this is the key question , how long u intend to keep ur car
and how much is ur budget , typical mods arent so expensive , the real deals are high in price , r u sticking to N/A or u intend for a turbo ?

a turbo bolt on will cost around 3-4k ,
a nice small turbocharger , a blow off , a exhaust turbular header , pipings and lastly a intercooler , this will of cos increase ur hp n torque , but do remember there are also supporting mods such as fueling , injectors n tuning involved.
im nt sure how strong the savvy block is , u might even need new pistons n metal gaskets so it can hold boost. this an give u 10 to even 40% more power depending on how extreme u get

a n/a moddification , which is also applicable for turbo bolted on cars ,
port and polish , where u remove ur engine head , port them to have bigger flow , as for race camshafts , u can try ask R3 for their performance shaft or u go get reprofiled from speedzone or matspeed. race cams will give ur head a better flow and increase hp n as well as torque

as for ur exhaust, if u r modding the engine , do have a slightly bigger piping so that ur engine can breathe easily.

do think whts value for money, i dnt want u to go modding for 20-30k , then
one fine day a kancil turbokitted eats u for lunch.

zach

Known Member
Feb 15, 2007
i just said i was looking into pipercross viper, so i think you should have the rough idea of my budget :]

anyway at the moment im sticking to n/a because i'll be using the car quite often currently unless i turn it into a weekend car in the future. i dont think i can change the cams since its not available in msia or maybe i can just remap the duration of the cams but i would need a new ECU for that instead. im not exactly sure if port and polish is universal but if it is, then i could get it done somewhere...

handsomeboy

Known Member
Apr 6, 2007
zach, go to matspeed la.. they can do the port n polish for u.. hmm, and JINKL, nice explenation. really helps a lot. but i wanna ask u something. im driving a neo, n someone told me that my cams r already high (262).. so do u think i should upgrade my cams to a higher ones or just let it stock? n wat is ur opinion bout cam reprofiling like wat matspeed is doing? thanks~

jinkl

4,000 RPM
May 22, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
i just said i was looking into pipercross viper, so i think you should have the rough idea of my budget :]

anyway at the moment im sticking to n/a because i'll be using the car quite often currently unless i turn it into a weekend car in the future. i dont think i can change the cams since its not available in msia or maybe i can just remap the duration of the cams but i would need a new ECU for that instead. im not exactly sure if port and polish is universal but if it is, then i could get it done somewhere...
ok then , pipercross is a good deal as it really gives a good cold air intake n a shield for the heat , but do not expect anything more than 5hp on this mod

my way would be same as huakenny , put in a good drop in filter
and if ur car doesnt have a CAI , just make a DIY one , cos performance wise u cant feel any diffrence within this n the pipercross , if u have also, its just very minor

cams are available by speedzone n matspeed , even r3 might have them
u dnt change duration of cams using ECU , its by hardware n its changing camshafts , port n polish is grinding ur metal and making them bigger , its not an equipment

modding n/a are the hardest cos u r trying to get pure power out of it
do not expect more than 15hp under a low budget, u cant

jinkl

4,000 RPM
May 22, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
zach, go to matspeed la.. they can do the port n polish for u.. hmm, and JINKL, nice explenation. really helps a lot. but i wanna ask u something. im driving a neo, n someone told me that my cams r already high (262).. so do u think i should upgrade my cams to a higher ones or just let it stock? n wat is ur opinion bout cam reprofiling like wat matspeed is doing? thanks~
u mean the stock cam is 262 ? how sure r u bro

handsomeboy

Known Member
Apr 6, 2007
i cant confirm with u 100%, but tats wat i've been told by one of SNC.com's sifu...so if u dont mind, can u continue answering my quests... eager to know ur opinions. thanks~

seanlee

Known Member
Jun 30, 2004
i cant confirm with u 100%, but tats wat i've been told by one of SNC.com's sifu...so if u dont mind, can u continue answering my quests... eager to know ur opinions. thanks~
you can took out the cam ..then measure lor..easy...hahaha

Moding is state of art experience....is a hobby depend on you worth to play on your car..or some people use it in drink like pub disco...kaw lui...hahahah
Modding the car by not wasting money on unusefull thing...you must understand your car engine very well, hoe many power HP can produce from the healthy mod, study your engine...do research on it...just like 4gseries engine..alot information on internet from top to bottom...even 4g15 produce 200bhp in RPW.....so study well in your engine then plan your budget on it...

But Campro really still new like hyundai engine, kia engine...not much people know how to mod the NA not the turbo. untill now... most common was 4g series and B series car also, more and more 4age car runing around( feel like modding my 20v liao) hahaha
anyway for me i prefer mod how i save my money.....hahaha

Last edited:

forsaken_avatar

Jan 12, 2007
stock CamPro using 262degree cams? whoa... might explain why there happens to be a major suffering from low end torque!!! wahahaha...

from what i heard, matspeed is good at producing performance cams... but im still a bit skeptical about new reground profile. basically they'll take out the ori cams, weld material onto it, and regrind them into a specific profile that customers' demand. i've read from a good source that reground cams won't last as long, might give problem if the profile gradually changes after wear...

so maybe r3 performance cams are worth a thought, since they're made from billet (i think). have yet to dig some info on their cam profile...

any suggestions sifu's?

zach

Known Member
Feb 15, 2007
my mod normaly is simple n easy....y wanna mod so kaw since its not monster engine?

this is just my personal idea la..coz normaly i will just change to beter car or engine instead of wasting so many money to upgrade the engine...

i understand some of u guys like the feeling of modding the car, but wat the outcome u wanna get? think urself lo...

im more on budget upgrade, so i wil only spend on the things tat i think is necesary....

corect me if im wrong...

cheers
your opinion only applies for you as a tight pocket slimy weasel car modder.

unlike some of us, we have the cash and mo to do what we think is best for our ride no matter how small or big the engine is. and unlike me, budget is not my concern at the moment since the most expensive mod would only reach up to 2k. since im modding my car gradually, financially not a problem for me...and btw we mod cars like we mod desktops..same thing...

seanlee

Known Member
Jun 30, 2004
stock CamPro using 262degree cams? whoa... might explain why there happens to be a major suffering from low end torque!!! wahahaha...

from what i heard, matspeed is good at producing performance cams... but im still a bit skeptical about new reground profile. basically they'll take out the ori cams, weld material onto it, and regrind them into a specific profile that customers' demand. i've read from a good source that reground cams won't last as long, might give problem if the profile gradually changes after wear...

so maybe r3 performance cams are worth a thought, since they're made from billet (i think). have yet to dig some info on their cam profile...

any suggestions sifu's?
R3 cam if not mistaken is from Mat speed as well... coz Billet cam normally will not cost that cheap..is about 2k-3k maybe more..from RPM...anyway R3 cam is currently for 4g93...not cure when the Campro engine cam coming out....

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi Guys,

need help...
looking for:-

i) Bilstein B8 Sprint absorbers Front and Rear
ii) Strut Bar

for my 2004 Honda Civic 2.0 i-Vtec;

or if there n e suggestion 4 a better absorbers and strut bar. TQ

p/s: I've already fitted eibach springs w OEM absorbers. The Eibach is very good and I think Im gonna keep it. therefore just looking 4 the absorbers that goes or fit ngam w the eibach springs.

Many Thanks.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience