Fords in Malaysia

ModMaestro

Known Member
Jun 13, 2005
PJ & Sandakan
wantd to know what Blue Ovals are available in Malaysia? Since the subforum title is Mazda/Ford, does this mean Fords in Malaysia are Mazdas?

Of course we won't have 'Stangs in Malaysia. But would love to have a Focus though...

Khorne

500 RPM
Dec 4, 2003
PJ
Visit site
Well clearly you haven't been paying attention to the advertisements that FORD have been putting up...
Basically all we have are the Ranger's, Lynx's and Focus... The new Focus is due to arrive in the 3rd ot 4th quarter of the year... By the way what car do you drive ???

ModMaestro

Known Member
Jun 13, 2005
PJ & Sandakan
wah, fellow bezerker!!!!

erm...yeah, tend to not watch the TV ad. Got Astro mah. I dirve a Volvo 850 that's in the process of being turn into an ICE car. A Focus would be a good daily driver. Usable and poseable.

Blood for the Blood God, Skulls for the throne of Khorne!!!

hope you are what I think you are. If not, then let me just say, I'm not a psycho lunatic.

Khorne

500 RPM
Dec 4, 2003
PJ
Visit site
HAHAHAH... Good to see another Warhammer Freak...

Anyways there is plans for the new Focus to be brought in, but the date is not confirmed...
Most people tend to stay away from Fords and Mazda's cause of their poor re-sale value...

Anyways the 850 is a really sweet ride... Is it a T5 by any chance ??? I had a chance to ride in one about 5 years back and it was heaven... Good luck with your project...

CHEERS

ModMaestro

Known Member
Jun 13, 2005
PJ & Sandakan
Nah sorry mate, just an 850 SE. But do have plan on plonking down a custom turbo and AWD conversion. But it's way far down the on the list of things to do..

read on your profile you drive a TX3. Is that the Laser? And well about the resale value, that tend not to be a high feature to heavy mooders like myself. Any idea if they would actually bring in the 3-dr hatch?

So if the resale value is bad, how much is it for a good to OK condition Laser? Any pitfalls I should look out for? How about the running cost? My cousin's looking for a 2nd hatch.

And I haevn't play GW games for a while, but still do some painting from time to time.

Khorne

500 RPM
Dec 4, 2003
PJ
Visit site
850 to a AWD TURBOCHARGED , now that's what I call extreme...

Anyways the TX3 is a fairly descend car to own... I have the Laser TX3 1990 with a Mazda B8 180Hp engine... Power is not too bad... Anyways FORD Malaysia is still planning on which model to bring in, but nothing is final... High chances that theyre bringing in the 4 door model, but it all depends on how feasible is it for them...

Second hand lasers depending on model will cost anything from 8K to 35K from the bubble Lasers to the KJ series... Best is to look in Motortrader and The Star classifieds for the rought pricing and work from there... Common problems are the same for any car... Pricing for parts can be a little bit higher than Proton but else it's all good...

CHEERS

ModMaestro

Known Member
Jun 13, 2005
PJ & Sandakan
thaanks. found another htread asking the similar question further down the forum. But why cal it a sampan? And is it the same car as the Mazda Lantis?

Khorne

500 RPM
Dec 4, 2003
PJ
Visit site
It's called a sampan cause it literally handles like one and also because it looks like one... The Lantis is a whole new car altogether, it's a newer chasis compared to the Sampan...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi, :itsme:

can anyone advise me where to send my perodua viva for emanage tuning?
btw its an NA car, auto, just mod on exhaust.everything else is stock.

thanks
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience