Food Talk...Eat, Eat & Eat.

driftkingII

2,000 RPM
Mar 2, 2005
Bandar Utama
Visit site
aiyaaa still dead?

dont tell me bcoz of GST, dah la GST killed the video gaming world and community here..

jgn food lak...

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Car Wash no GST but the one I usually go increase by RM1. Food, got one i try to see can find photos or not. But non halal

Ah Khoon Lor Mee (Non-Halal)
Lorong Bagan Luar 4, Bagan Luar, 12000 Butterworth, Pulau Pinang or search Jalan Bagan Luar, 12000 Butterworth, Penang.

Was recommended by my friend who lives and grows up in Butterworth Penang.

Located in Bagan Town and is just right opposite Wisma TM. If you can't find it, Wisma TM is the best landmark as it is just right opposite. Restoran Lucky should be the name. But if u can find wisma TM, u can find the restaurant opposite.

Well, is worth going and this Lor Mee is the best I have taste so far especially those soft and tender
pork meat. Not too hard nor too soft. Just nice.

Compare to Ulu Yam Lor Mee which is also famous dish in Ulu Yam, I would say both have their own specialties but I surely do love this one over UY or KL Lor Mee.

The dish is totally different and is really worth dropping by before crossing the Penang Bridge to Penang.
Stop by Butterworth for Ah Khoon Lor Mee as breakfast will be worth your while.

Here are some photos that I had to borrow from some bloggers and others. Photos not by me and credit to them for such great photos.

You can opt to choose either you want Mee, Hor Fun(a.k.a Kuey Teow) or Mee Hoon + Mee or just Mee Hoon.

You can see there are some garlic and chili paste added. But if you find that is not spicy enough and you prefer it with vinegar, you can add on your own which they have it for you to add on each table.

Is quite packed with people even though is not much of a tourist area.

I didnt order these dishes, guess these are add ons.

Credits to blogger http://joytaste.blogspot.com/2012/05/blog-post_06.html

Last edited:

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
went down to Melaka over the weekend,
tried Klebang Cocunut shake, RM2.70 per cup - very nice & worth it.
evening ate Ala...Kassim Ikan Bakar, the price is very reasonable though. but only open from 6pm onwards.

menu
praws bout 10 pcs - large size
squids - 10 pcs medium size
flower crabs - 2 pcs
nasi lemak - 5 packets
siakap fish bakar - 18gm(2 pcs)
kembung fish bakar - 2 pcs
mussels - 300gm

total bill came up to Rm92, was shocked, if other places like in Klang can easily costs double.

Last edited:

driftkingII

2,000 RPM
Mar 2, 2005
Bandar Utama
Visit site
Went to Penang, i was upset over the Ice Kacang at New World Park (Swatow Lane)

Used to be nice and famous and won many awards.. sadly i went there the QC was bad. The taste was not good as last time, no more Peanut Ice Cream, it was replaced with Vanilla and the portion was smaller. Crowd, not MANY like what it used to be..

an old pic i take from the blog... later i will update at home on the new portion.
*pictures here taken from blogs bcoz my office does not allow to access on some picture sites and FB.

This was used to be the ultimate ice kacang, this was before

Surprisingly, Chowrasta Market food stalls improved since the new renovation of the new ecofriendly Chowrasta Market.

Ais Tingkap tasted so good... i was not born in the late 1890-ies so i dunno how it taste like those days.

Cucur Udang was excellent and the hot fried tofu melted in my mouth

n the Surprisingly part.... Uncle Karim's Mee Goreng was superb.. it's flavours is great!! I never tasted something like this a while..

Abdul Karim in action.

Price wise... Penang xtau GST ke? it still feels the same. (no increase what so ever)

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
went down to Melaka over the weekend,
tried Klebang Cocunut shake, RM2.70 per cup - very nice & worth it.
evening ate Ala...Kassim Ikan Bakar, the price is very reasonable though. but only open from 6pm onwards.

menu
praws bout 10 pcs - large size
squids - 10 pcs medium size
flower crabs - 2 pcs
nasi lemak - 5 packets
siakap fish bakar - 18gm(2 pcs)
kembung fish bakar - 2 pcs
mussels - 300gm

total bill came up to Rm92, was shocked, if other places like in Klang can easily costs double.
Talking about coconuts have you tried Sangkaya coconut ice cream. Pretty good, their signature one is serve in 1/2 shell of real coconut with coconut meat...:driver:

driftkingII

2,000 RPM
Mar 2, 2005
Bandar Utama
Visit site
plz guys dont make this thread dead...

fast month coming soon... i dont want to eat bazaar food, got one young jerk selling otak2 n the otak2 got bones n pierce my tongue !!!

btw back to topic, I like noodles n i have tried this Halal noodle called Mee Tarik Warisan Asli.

Somehow it is nice n spicy.. i love the la mien

I was happy as one of the shops opened near my house... waaaa heaven...

offtopic:
When i was eating i saw the Mee Warisan tauke's daughter... damn hot wei !!! but very fashion like...

N guys i want to know? mee tarik at Times Square ok or not? did not had a chance with my xgf that day... ahh memories

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Post photos, address and info. Then everyone can share :)

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
plz guys dont make this thread dead...

fast month coming soon... i dont want to eat bazaar food, got one young jerk selling otak2 n the otak2 got bones n pierce my tongue !!!

btw back to topic, I like noodles n i have tried this Halal noodle called Mee Tarik Warisan Asli.

Somehow it is nice n spicy.. i love the la mien

I was happy as one of the shops opened near my house... waaaa heaven...

offtopic:
When i was eating i saw the Mee Warisan tauke's daughter... damn hot wei !!! but very fashion like...

N guys i want to know? mee tarik at Times Square ok or not? did not had a chance with my xgf that day... ahh memories
Halal Hokkien mee in PJ old town. Not sure if bro. Danz tried already or not?:smokin:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Source: Malaysian Digest

A driving license is considered by most as a substantial milestone in life akin to getting a credit card, buying a first home or being hired for a first job.

As Malaysians we are known for our warm behaviour and expressive nature, yet when the subject of Malaysian drivers comes to mind, one can’t help but express a considerable amount of concern on the...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience