First Impressions: Lamborghini Aventador LP700-4

Won

500 RPM
Sep 2, 2010
Kuala Lumpur

Earlier this week, I had the privilege to be invited by Lamborghini Kuala Lumpur to have a super exclusive preview of the cars on display, including of course the latest Bull in the stable: the Aventador LP700-4. Unveiled at the Geneva Motor Show earlier this year, the Aventador is the replacement for the out-going Murciélago model. As can be expected, this new model once again shares it's namesake with a legendary, trophy winning fighter bull.

Keys to the throne...

The Aventador is truly a beautiful thing. Getting inside was a dramatic affair; you open the doors that swing upwards, and you have to deftly slide your posterior into the seats. Inside, you're cocooned by a sumptuous display of leather, carbonfibre and aluminium. Sitting position is perfect, and snug. It is difficult not to feel like you're at the top of the world, even though in reality, your bum is pretty close to the ground. The cockpit - dials, gauges, buttons, start-button take inspiration from a fighter jet, and gives the impression you are about to engage in battle, every time you pull out onto the road.

The Aventador having an upskirt moment

Interesting to note is the use of Lamborghini's new 6.5-litre V12 engine. Dubbed as the L539, it will replace the first V12 produced by the company which that appeared in the Lamborghini Miura. Official performance figures are staggering to say the least; 700PS @ 8250rpm, 690Nm @ 5500rpm, zerotohundred in 2.9secs, with top speed marked at 349km/h. When Top Gear tested the Aventador on the Top Gear Test Track, the Aventador managed to secure itself as the third fastest vehicle, besting even the Bugatti Veyron Super Sport.

The new L539 V12 powerplant

As I was not allowed a test drive of this beautiful machine, you will have to settle for this short video that I was able to take. Let's see if I can work something out in the future.

Lamborghini Aventador LP700 - YouTube

Special thanks to Lamborghini Kuala Lumpur for having us over to take some super exclusive shots of the Aventador.

Attachments

Last edited:

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
Nice write up bro...and awesome car...you are so lucky..

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
The aventador has a digital dash like the LFA? Wah..

Pity you weren't allowed a spin in the car. But starting and stopping the car so many times whilst stationary is ok?

Tom

TIMETOATTACK
Helmet Clan
Jul 6, 2000
Kuala Lumpur
very very nice. to be one of the few to get in to the LP700 is like having dinner with a supermodel even if you don't get to drive it.

the digital gauge is insane and the revs just seem silky and effortless. was waiting for the rev to go pass 6 but looks like it limits it in N. Also must be pretty hard to choose between displaying the speedo or the tacho.

nice one mr.won

amirmambo

Known Member
Jun 24, 2010
Subang Jaya
Revs up like a superbike !! Hahahah i wonder how supercars later on another 20-30years will be like ?? V24 ka ?? :biggrin:

eujin

1,000 RPM
Jul 10, 2005
wajaland
wow...the rev hit limiter in no time....no1der they sort out with digital ones...

Won

500 RPM
Sep 2, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Iszo, no official test drives have yet to be arranged in Malaysia as far as I know. This event was really to display the range of Lamborghinis for the Golf Tournament there. Lamborghini Kuala Lumpur decided to call some folks along (three - how shall I put this... non-prospective customers) to have a look at the LP700 and take some pictures. Of course, we were all handed the keys to take the videos that we wanted.

Btw Tom, I like your analogy :biggrin:

Won

500 RPM
Sep 2, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Lol....stole video ..
I don't know why you've disliked my posts, but I hope you're kidding about me stealing my own videos. All pictures, and videos that I have put up were taken by myself.

Auwen

Apr 28, 2006
if u able to hear the car "live shouting" ...u will feel how loud V12 produce !!!
it totally with those after market exhaust!!
Nice video...!!!

paohyean

Known Member
Jul 28, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
If I have the money I would definitely get this car just for the Start/Stop Engine button..
I mean how often would you get to flick such a cool flap and let the engine breathe..
Unless of course you're a fighter jet pilot..

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi bros and siss, i was about to change my spark plug from stock to iridium type, but i just wonder which one is better. denso has its reputation in its performance and durability, especially with its 0.4mm and it U-grooved. but wat i know about volker iridium performing good also. it has 0.5mm and can last up to 160,000km. budget wise, both is about the same. however, for Gen2, wat do u guys think? which one is better? o there is other recommendation? 1 more ques, about denso iridium POWER...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience