First Impression: RCS Suspension - Velocity Sensitive Dampers

kimoka

Known Member
Jul 20, 2006
Nanda boss.
What time are you open tomorrow?

---------- Post added at 06:33 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 06:30 PM ----------

"This long RCS review won't be as convincing if I hadn't paid in full and enjoyed the results of my good judgement." Hats off to Tom. Hard to give an unbiased review when there is conflict of interest.

Tom

TIMETOATTACK
Helmet Clan
Jul 6, 2000
Kuala Lumpur
Nice ride Tom, loving the care you've put into your beemer. What engine is it running on? m50?
thanks ak.101ss, it's a life long hobby thing, just adding stuff to it from time to time and basic upkeeping, not an M50 but an ancient M70.

any for vw golf gti mk6?
any for suvs'?
Hi there, how much would it cost for silvia s15? Thanks
hi just wonder if there's support for toyota seg and how much would it cost..?
guys, if Nanda don't answer you quick enough here, it would be best if you could send your questions directly to RCS. they'd be able to give you a detailed answer

ak.101ss

M50B25TU Crazy.
Jun 5, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
thanks ak.101ss, it's a life long hobby thing, just adding stuff to it from time to time and basic upkeeping, not an M50 but an ancient M70.
Oh my god, a 5.0 v12 in a e34? That's what I call THE Ultimate Driving Machine. How'd you get it in? Bet it takes off like a rocket. :adore: :adore:

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
a very good question there, and the answer is no, not all are velocity sensitive sir

Dec 28, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
In theory damper is suppose to be velocity sensitive, but in real world, a lot of factor comes into play. Like used for what application, the design of the main piston, costing, etc...

red_cloud

Dec 1, 2005

guys, if Nanda don't answer you quick enough here, it would be best if you could send your questions directly to RCS. they'd be able to give you a detailed answer
Hi again, I'm sorry for not responding earlier. Like I said earlier, please drop me a line to discuss what you would like for your car.

Cheers again

Nanda

+60129232782

---------- Post added at 04:34 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 03:37 PM ----------

I'm sorry, but aren't ALL suspensions sensitive to velocity???

Good question Midship, and yes, all dampers are 'velocity sensitive' ie damping force is proportionate to velocity ie piston rod speed.

With conventional dampers, the damping force is directly proportional to the velocity, ie the higher the velocity, the higher the damping force & if you plot a Force-Velocity graph, it is linear.

different applications saw this curve being manipulated to produce digressive or progressive curves.

'Velocity sensitive' is a label generically used to distinguish a certain type of commercially available damping force curve.( just like linear, progressive or digressive)

Another way to simplify this curve is to say that it has progressive, digressive and linear sections in the same curve.

What it is, is a mechanical system tuned to give you comfort and traction but firms up when you turn into a corner, allows the wheel to move up fast when you hit a bump or drop down when you hit a pot hole, take jumps at high speed, etc etc etc.

So by being able to tailor the force curve or isolate the various points in the curve, it becomes 'velocity sensitive' instead of having a fixed type of curve that is either linear, progressive or digressive.

Cheers

Nanda

pangyau

1,000 RPM
Oct 17, 2009
Malaysia
red_cloud/Mr. Nanda,

With all the technology, knowledge and theory,
Are there any possibilities with your expertise to refurbish other brand of suspension?
Thinking to use your product in future if refurbish my existing are wasting time.

Thanks in advance.

RocketMan

Known Member
Mar 23, 2006
Hola!
Nice review Tom.

Nanda,
I wish u can put Honda FRV/Edix into your consideration too.
This rare Honda's mini mpv do seriously need attention -

err...i know a lot of edix/frv owners out there still searching for an aftermarket
suspension set up for their rides.

As for me, I will start saving bro...iskk!!

p/s:- one good review, i really appreciate to know that Nanda and his team exist in Malaysia...yeayy!!

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

All arguments big and petty always have two sides to the story. One might say one thing and the other another, it's a tough call for the on-looker to judge which party is actually right. In the corporate world, media statements and creative PR spins replace the name calling and denying that we as individuals so often partake in. Most corporations are, after all, headed by some of the most egoistic, empty...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience