Ficd Problem, which one suitable??

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
haha sorry lor.. so happen encounter same situation like you ma... somemore you sifu.. Sure ask u lor..

eh sky,
Da toyota FICD is for fuel injection car?? can ngam meh>??? Would it be that the reason why you dump your weber is because of FICD problem which is impossible to solve??

Currently i adjusted the ficd idle screw to have a higher idle when air con is on.. But the idle is unstable.. Fluctuating between 200 rpms...
yeap... its for fuel injection engine... less efficient in carburetor engines....
nope, datz not the reason why i sold my weber carb... weber carb was great... but could no longer support my engine setup now... anyway, my previous weber was more towards low end, tuneability was limited by the fixed choke size....

what ficd u using??... similar toyota one??... how u connect the vacuum hose??... i believe lower capacity engine has less vacuum suction which disallow it to control the idle rpm properly.... plus, i was using highcams previously, datz why my low end idle was quite bad when aircond is switched on....

i just can think of HKS product for injection to control the idling....:banghead:
sifoo jin, u rich mar... we cheap cars use halfcut item nia....

the toyota ficd r very ngam with efi engine.
but for carb not very suitable.
carb engine have a very different vacuum reading compare to efi. maybe bcoz of the design of the carb itself.
thats y it use the actuator thingy to pull/push throttle when fast idle needed.
dat actuator thingy is called idle load compensator... it works together with FICD in carburetor engines...

JINEIL2EN

Over 10,000 RPM!
Sep 6, 2004
Island Of Pearl
team99ers.2.forumer.com
where rich... now i recall the name, its HKS EIDS... i get it for rm30.... from half cut la...:proud:

Plaster

Oct 9, 2008
yeap... its for fuel injection engine... less efficient in carburetor engines....
nope, datz not the reason why i sold my weber carb... weber carb was great... but could no longer support my engine setup now... anyway, my previous weber was more towards low end, tuneability was limited by the fixed choke size....

what ficd u using??... similar toyota one??... how u connect the vacuum hose??... i believe lower capacity engine has less vacuum suction which disallow it to control the idle rpm properly.... plus, i was using highcams previously, datz why my low end idle was quite bad when aircond is switched on....

dat actuator thingy is called idle load compensator... it works together with FICD in carburetor engines...
oh....Now that makes sense. Everyone said that carbie FICD cant adjust one. But mine got one screw can adjust. So meaning. mine is EFI FICD. Damn i din know the previous owner change it. But how come my FICD dun look like the toyota FICD?? Means my FICD is not suitable.. If i change to toyota ones, will my prob be solved??

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
oh....Now that makes sense. Everyone said that carbie FICD cant adjust one. But mine got one screw can adjust. So meaning. mine is EFI FICD. Damn i din know the previous owner change it. But how come my FICD dun look like the toyota FICD?? Means my FICD is not suitable.. If i change to toyota ones, will my prob be solved??
how does ur FICD looks like??... original iswara FICD cannot control, because it is controlled at the idle load compensator...

but toyota FICD itself can control how much the valve needs to open....

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi guys,

im thinking of putting a set of hi-low adjustables absorbers for my ride. but the problem is that there is so many brands out there and im afraid if those shocks would be to stiff. Which brand is recommended?? Thx.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience