Ferrari joins the game domain

Dinesh

500 RPM
Oct 13, 2006

A better part of the racing games out there feature Ferraris and for good reason too. After all, a racing game without a Prancing Horse to virtually flog would border blasphemy.

While there are a few Formula One simulators on the market such as the mass market Formula One 2010 or Cruden Hexatech that will set you back just under $200,000, wouldn’t a simulator from Maranello itself just be too orgasmic to resist.

With that in mind, Ferrari themselves have decided to conquer the virtual gaming world with their creatively-named Ferrari Virtual Academy 2010.

Of course, Ferrari’s own experience and vehicle dynamics will be incorporated into the driving game. The team’s engineers were drafted in to provide feedback on getting the driving dynamics just right. Even the tracks were recreated with pixel-perfection through Laser Scan and Motion Capture technology.

You’ll be piloting the F10 in the game, Ferrari’s current Formula One contender. For now though, only Fiorano, Mugello and the Nurburgring are available for you to do your best Felipe Massa impersonations on.

Launch date is 9 September and the game will go for a reasonable 15 Euros. Ferrari are not just leaving it at that though, they have promised ‘exclusive Scuderia gadgets and further surprises’ for the drivers. While there isn’t any indication at all on what those surprises might be, suffice to say anything Ferrari deem worthy enough to declare a surprise, we’ll probably trade our mother-in-laws to get.

Source:
Autoblog
<object width="640" height="385">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/E8YZHhS0i1I?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></object>

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Currently driving a Myvi turbo which i plan to convert it back to stock and sell it and get a Performance Car.
Budget is 100K and below.
in dilemma on which car i can get my hands on and which is better in term of value for money.
Currentky my options are a few
Evo 7-( Hard to get loan for 7 Years and above )
Sti 8-( Maintenance kinda hefty )
Any more suggestions?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience