Ferrari F430 Scuderia, not Challenge Stradale

si|verfish

5,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2004
PJ

This is the only news that matters today<b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b>

Ferrari reveals F430 Scuderia, not Challenge Stradale
Posted Jul 18th 2007 4:38PM by John Neff

Unfortunately for Noah or Frank, Ferrari has gone and revealed the new F430 Scuderia when neither are around, so it's up to me to convey how fantabulous this new Prancing Horse is to you. We've been following for some time what we thought would be called the new F430 Challenge Stradale, but Ferrari has instead decided to name it the F430 Scuderia. Regardless of what it's called, this new F430 joins the coupe and spyder, yet takes a decidedly harder, more track-oriented edge than its siblings. The car weighs around 100kg (220 lbs.) less than the standard F430 coupe, and its version of Ferrari's 4.3L V8 produces 510 horsepower instead of 483. That gives the Scuderia a frighteningly low power-to-weight ratio of 1 horsepower for every 5.4 lbs.

The new F430 Scuderia also promises to carry a lot of trickle-down F1 technology as well, including lightning-quick 60 millisecond shifts and an integrated traction and stability control system. In order to accentuate the car's F1 connection, none other than famed F1 driver Michael Schumacher will officially unveil the car in Frankfurt this September. Until then, we have a gallery of high-res shots for you to flip through below and Ferrari's press release after the jump.

[Source: Ferrari via http://www.Ultimatecarpage.com]

PRESS RELEASE:

The Ferrari 430 Scuderia. Michael Schumacher will officially unveil the car at the Frankfurt Motor Show.

The new Ferrari 430 Scuderia will join the road-going V8 line-up alongside the F430 coupé and the F430 Spider. The 430 Scuderia is a truly high-performance 2-seater berlinetta which demonstrates how Ferrari's Formula 1 know-how is carried across to its production cars.

The new model is a special series based on the F430 and is aimed specifically at Ferrari's most passionate and sports-driving oriented clients. Development focused on light weight, minimum trimmings and innovative technology. All this to exalt the car's extremely high-performance and ability to thrill the driver.

The new car can count on an extremely low weight-to-power ratio of just 2.45 kg per hp thanks to a low dry weight of just 1250 kg - 100 kg less than the standard F430 – and to the naturally-aspirated 4308cc V8's 510 hp at 8500 rpm.

Superb performance both on and off the track is assured by a series of cutting-edge solutions. There is the latest F1 software - Superfast – which reduces gearchange times to just 60 milliseconds, and new traction control which, for the first time, combines the E-Diff electronic differential and the F1-Trac traction and stability control in a single integrated system.

Vehicle dynamics, control and performance thus represent the zenith of Ferrari's achievements in terms of developing road-certified sports cars.

The 430 Scuderia will be officially unveiled by Michael Schumacher on September 11 2007 at the IAA Motor Show in Frankfurt.

Source: Ferrari reveals F430 Scuderia, not Challenge Stradale - Autoblog

si|verfish

5,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2004
PJ
I couldn't agree more with this comment;

Mon @ Jul 18th 2007 10:53PM

Each time Ferrari comes out with a new car, I think how the hell can they top the last one. And then they just blow the last one away.

This is the golden age of Ferrari. An F430 w/ 510hp and weighs less than a Honda S2000 ??
Am I dreaming ?? Makes every other sports car maker look like makers of bloated, pig-iron anvils.

Other car companies must learn from Ferrari. Hiding behind excuses of enhanced safety, consumer demands etc... every car model just keeps on packing on the pounds. Instead of giving us and spending money on huge horsepower gains, use that money to lighten up the car.

si|verfish

5,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2004
PJ
Eh? How did my thread end up here? LoL.

Anyway, this car is yet another modern masterpiece by Ferrari.

si|verfish

5,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2004
PJ
Personally, I think it'll be tight between the 997 GT3 RS and the 430 Scuderia.

We have to remember that the Nurburgring Nordschleife is like Porsche's second home. They virtually own the place and their cars are tuned and tested to the death there.

robthomas

Known Member
Oct 19, 2005
nice...
i cant believe it...
it so amazing...
the shifting time is almost as fast as f1..
unbelievable...
:nurse:

- D i a b l o -

500 RPM
Sep 27, 2005
Shah Alam
bosstrain.blogspot.com
Infernal,not to mention the drivers who drive for the timeattack,top cars always had ace pilots like Rohrl,Donkervoort,Bennett,von Saurma and so forth.

what if we throw Schumi in the F430S or legendary Ferrari chief test driver Dario Benuzzi in for a lap.i reckon they might shave a few seconds off easily.

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

4.3 secs / 340ps / 500nm / 3L straight 6 twin scroll single turbo / 8 speed /automatic / RM568K.

Engine
Power is a major highlight of the GR Supra. Default 340ps figure is very decent by most standards, but it feels more than that in reality. It’s not just about the phenomenal acceleration either, but the delivery part of it.

It feels meaty, lag-less, linear, never ending and uncanny at supplying that 500nm worth of torque through the rear tyres, right on...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience