feel regret or proud...??

frcgrey

Known Member
Jul 9, 2005
selangor
hi to all,
i think this topic is suitable in this CAR TALK forum.
i'd like to know you guys are you never regret or proud after your modification?
or you're damn regret after modification??
tell us your experience and your advice...
i think we will learn a lot from your experience.
other than that,you guys also can give some advice to all drivers in here...
i hope you guys will enjoy in this topic.
CHEERS....! :D

MaNofWaR

500 RPM
Nov 22, 2003
On the AiR
Visit site
what i would say that it really helps to get tips & learn fm other ppls mods. experience or trial & errors are good for 'lesson learnt'

its good to have guides based on things done rather than purely theory.

there are some mods i've done that is not really good or worth it but some are good. we are always learning & improvising...knowledge is power but without control its useless too.

happy modding, discussing & sharing....afterall we are enthusiasts

speedking

500 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
well...for me...it was a good experience....kinda expensive one...:P

lekalo

500 RPM
Mar 4, 2004
TTDI
Visit site
hahaha! differ: damn funny and damn true!

Personally I feel that whatever you've done to your car to make it faster, more attractive, more enjoyable..is all in the name of passion for motorsports and the automotive industry as a whole, esp. the aftermarket bit.. :)
But the search for the holy grail of car modding (short of getting a real performance car..but many of us are just out of that class lah.. cannot afford) can sometimes be never ending. Even if you have a high end car, no doubt we can get 'gatal tangan' and start to touch this & that, change here & there.. u know what I mean rite?

Its up to one's taste and bank account. I did regret some of the things I've done (like switching from GSR 1.8 which was perfect already!)... look at the time & money spent sometimes..hang on.. MOST times, make me feel remorseful.
So now I'm keeping modding and so on to a MINIMUM and start saving money for a new car. :D

Boink Boink

Known Member
Nov 18, 2003
It pride when you get to kick some bum who is pissing you off on the road. Especially when they give you the OH MY GOD look.

Its regret when you get tar paued by a smaller car which has seemingly less modifications.

I think thats quite a fair description. :)

fstr

7,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Apr 19, 2004
Sahara Desert
never regretted to have gone so far with my car mods, learn from mistakes, step by step differentiate ur modifications, feel the improvements from those step by step mods, from there u will be satisfied with wat u have done to ur engine.

but i am never proud of wat i have done to my car, i share wats good and wats bad to all, knowledge is for sharing...

happy motoring!

MitonCT26

1,000 RPM
Nov 16, 2003
Seremban
my regrets? getting it started at the first place.

my total money spent is 4 times the price of my car now. i think everyone is remorseful on the money spent only.

but the fun factor, the adrenalin rush and the street credit? priceless.

i still dont want to sell it off, or sell of seperate parts to let go the car...that's sentimental value.

i still love to hear the lumpy idle, wastegate roar, the bb turbine whining like a bitch on heat, the G force and the ever-talked about saga turbo's handling that always on the lookout to kiss a divider or 2, or a tree or 2, a longkang or 2, or an air cond shop in my case.... :D

i hate the amount of gearboxes i changed in the past 3 years, countless snapped driveshafts, a complete engine change as i blew it up, the bloody JPJ, the rattling and shaking of the bloody car as i am running hard mountings...the traffic jams,

my regrets is less than the amount of fun i had in the past 3 years. so... :p

Last edited:

lekalo

500 RPM
Mar 4, 2004
TTDI
Visit site
MitonCT26 said:
my regrets? getting it started at the first place.

my total money spent is 4 times the price of my car now. i think everyone is remorseful on the money spent only.

but the fun factor, the adrenalin rush and the street credit? priceless.

i still dont want to sell it off, or sell of seperate parts to let go the car...that's sentimental value.

i still love to hear the lumpy idle, wastegate roar, the bb turbine whining like a bitch on heat, the G force and the ever-talked about saga turbo's handling that always on the lookout to kiss a divider or 2, or a tree or 2, a longkang or 2, or an air cond shop in my case.... :D

i hate the amount of gearboxes i changed in the past 3 years, countless snapped driveshafts, a complete engine change as i blew it up, the bloody JPJ, the rattling and shaking of the bloody car as i am running hard mountings...the traffic jams,

my regrets is less than the amount of fun i had in the past 3 years. so... :p
AARRGGHH!!! It's all your fault! wen coming to KL? Dowan to kwalling me anymore ah? Lan_C punya [email protected]! hehehehehe! RIleks ah bro.. joking.
Your saga terebo damn power ok!!!

Pickcell

Known Member
Jul 25, 2005
Asia
actually is modding your car all about ta pauing other ppl's car ar?
i dun reli care wan lor actually on the road even if got faster cars around or wat.. the most i look at their car, admire abit, if i can just smile to myself if i think the car is nice.
i keep up with the pace on the fast lane, if ppl coming up fast behind me i'll give way.. so far only once that happened, a ferrari come up behind me so i went to left lane, but he also follow so in the end i think he dulan went to slowest lane and overtake hehehehee! not my fault rite?? he also ikut sama sama change lane, i already give him pass fast lane ma.. great minds think alike? hahahaaaa! :p but mostly i just keep up with front car's pace only ler at fast lane..

ok ok back to topic.. i kenot reli comment on the engine and performance mods coz i haven't reli done much yet.. i think Any car can tapau me la lolz..!! :D but talking about exterior mods.. i dunno la why some ppl they mods their cars look so.. "not suiting" . but they still feel damn proud of it, i wonder why.. :confused: dem lanci somemore put hand out of the driver window and rev rev just coz got loud exhaust.

still find it hard to see nicely modded exterior cars around la.. got la.. saw some nice ones before, that's wat made me smile whenever see these kinda cars on the road. but some others really.. puke. Wonder if the owners taste reli so bad or they just dun realize it.. like weird spoilers, or change front bumper but sooo not ngam with the sideskirts and back bumper.
Some just change front bumper only look soo not even la the car. like front low , side and back so normal.
aihh..

sorry ar if this topic actually only talking about performance mods.

MitonCT26

1,000 RPM
Nov 16, 2003
Seremban
lekalo said:
AARRGGHH!!! It's all your fault! wen coming to KL? Dowan to kwalling me anymore ah? Lan_C punya [email protected]! hehehehehe! RIleks ah bro.. joking.
Your saga terebo damn power ok!!!
Bai...i lost my phone already lah...PM me your no to me then we calling calling to holiday villa la... :D

My car slow bai...where got fast? :confused:

TiBuN

Known Member
May 16, 2004
Penang / BM
Visit site
Well, no regret so far on the engine and handling side.
But I truly regretted on the bodykits (fiber that is). What I will tell everyone is that, get the original bodykit first, if really cannot then find or no money, then .......... leave it stock still !!!!!!
Some part of the car really not worth to have fiber kit if you know what i mean. Cheap lesson lar compare to others, but this is one lesson that ought should know by everyone.

frcgrey

Known Member
Jul 9, 2005
selangor
hi to all,
i'm glad to see all of you replied...
are you have any advice to all of us??
not only on car modification,can also like drive style...
my advice is please don't "stick" too near to the car in front of you...if emergency brake then can cause an accident...
i just met an accident last month because "stick" car.suddenly brake then "bye bye".you must pay is money and your time.i wait almost until 1 month only can get my car.
remember.....