Featured: Ken Ji's HKS S15 for TIMETOATTACK! - a 560bhp lap munching daily driver

Tom

TIMETOATTACK
Helmet Clan
Jul 6, 2000
Kuala Lumpur

Making a come back this year at TIMETOATTACK this Sunday (May 20th) is Ken Ji's very own circuit monster dubbed the HKS TIME ATTACK S15 SILVIA. A 560bhp, still road-legal, show-car worthy RWD bullet. The TIMETOATTACK Hall of Fame 2012 listings will soon see a reshuffling of positions between the old, the older and the new.

Just to bring you up to speed, this regularly road-driven, fully-intact interior, air-conditioned, iced-up, cageless piece of road-to-race-inspired, mechanical engineering masterpiece, coupled with its owner/driver Ling Ken Ji secured 3rd place in TIMETOATTACK 2011 Finale Top 20 Overall Fastest Men.

It clocked 2:26.331 and was #@$%^&* insane because it was still on Yoko A050 Semi Slicks where the GTR35 and 997Turbo were running on full slicks then. Despite Ken Ji's S15 FR Layout, he was also only 1+ second off the 997Turbo on slicks. His relentlessness efforts spent on both developing the car and mastering Sepang certainly paid off well.

Kenji S15 ZTH TTAS Final 2:26:34 - YouTube

This is an on-board video of Ken Ji's lap in the TIMETOATTACK FINALE 2010 at 2:26

To keep this special TIMETOATTACK Preview Feature short and sweet, let's just dive into the details without further ado. But before that, just remember you're invited to this Sunday's (May 20th) TIMETOATTACK Round 1 at Sepang. If you're participant, make sure you've received your entry confirmation, for Spectators, you come for Free! (RM10 Parking). What ever it is, log on to TIME TO ATTACK! - 2012 for more details!

Engine: Onward Motorsports (OMS) Race Build
Internals: HKS and NISMO
Intake: HKS Racing

Exhaust: HKS Hi-Power
Cooling Systems: HKS Garage-R Customised Radiator, HKS Type-R oil cooler and intercooler

Fueling: HKS and SARD
Turbo variant: HKS GT2835R SPL
Drive-line: NISMO 6MT with NISMO SuperCoppermix Twin Plate Clutch

Suspension: HKS Hipermax III Supersport
Chassis: HKS Garage R race prep based on HKS Genki Hipersilvia RS-2 data
Others: Ikeya Formula adjustable suspension arms and Okuyama chassis reinforcement bars

Wheels: Volk Racing RE30 (track) / SSR Professor SP1 (road)
Tyres: Advan A050 (track) / Michelin Pilot Sports (road)
Brakes: (Front) Endless 6-pot calipers with Dixcel rotors on HKS GR custom made aluminium hats, Seidoya N1-500 brake pads, (Rear) BNCR33 Brembo 2-pot calipers with Project Mu SCR rotors and Endless CCR brake pads

SARD rear wing

Carmake T&E Vertex Ridge complete widebody kit

Electronics: HKS EVC V, Racelogic Video V-Box Lite
Seats: BRIDE Zeta III

Steering Wheel: Nardi
Gear-knob: NISMO

Fire Extinguisher

HKS F-Con V Pro, Defi SuperSportsCluster,

CF backing plate replaces rear seats

Yes, it is TIMETOATTACK!! Remember it's This Sunday (20th May) - TIME TO ATTACK! - 2012

Photos: Sherman Anion

Attachments

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Neverland Orange? Damn when was this shot taken!? Is at a parking lot? didnt see it :bawling:

Nicest Silvia so far..560HP...real monster...:top:

nitrous_o2

Known Member
Jun 10, 2006
Ipoh-JB-Vietnam
am i hearing wrongs? gear shifting and throttle response seems to be out of sync or its the car just a powerful car....sorry i watch too much keiichi tsuchiya in action...
good driving skill thou...hope this year will improve a lot

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
I'm amazed by the fact that the Silvias is so fast, same with the Type-R.. I assumed 4wd monsters like Evos to better Silvia. I'm wrong.

alwjmonster

Known Member
May 12, 2009
Subang Jaya
hereticalvoices.blogspot.com
I'm so gona save all those pictures. thanks alot tom. i would wish to see kenji's S15 compete with CZ200S. My perfect dream car if it's white, i wonder how much ken ji has thrown money on this S15, beside the number plate itself already cost more than 100k.. i think now the most necessary upgrade is to getting a ceramic brakes, sure do hell alot improving lap time.

Last edited:

Tom

TIMETOATTACK
Helmet Clan
Jul 6, 2000
Kuala Lumpur
Neverland Orange? Damn when was this shot taken!? Is at a parking lot? didnt see it :bawling:

Nicest Silvia so far..560HP...real monster...:top:
There's a certain relevance between the car, ken ji and Neverland. But if anyone likes this special feature, please patronize Neverland KL, an entertaining night spot with an awesome ID.

am i hearing wrongs? gear shifting and throttle response seems to be out of sync or its the car just a powerful car....sorry i watch too much keiichi tsuchiya in action...
good driving skill thou...hope this year will improve a lot
im guessing this could be due to poor sound recording from the video device not being able to pick up the audio from initial spooling of the turbine. i'll let ken ji do the talking

I'm so gona save all those pictures. thanks alot tom. i would wish to see kenji's S15 compete with CZ200S. My perfect dream car if it's white, i wonder how much ken ji has thrown money on this S15, beside the number plate itself already cost more than 100k.. i think now the most necessary upgrade is to getting a ceramic brakes, sure do hell alot improving lap time.
no problems alwjmonster. this special feature is in fact a 3 month overdue piece. but one that coincides with the upcoming TIMETOATTACK so it's all in good order. glad you love the pics.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Thanks for the detail reply TOM! Other than Kenji's Silvia, saw a Black Silvia with full roll cage before there. I park my car at Neverland Parking lot daily :biggrin:

Neverland Orange! Is indeed kinda happening even I have not been in there before but I know once awhile got quite some
big events going on with so many people around.

Is just next to Menara HLA if anyone is interested to head there for more than 1 drink :top:
Coming from KL Convention Centre direction towards pavillion. A one way road (Jalan Kia Peng). :wink:

U have to turn into the parking lot of Neverland Orange :smile:

Last edited:

farique

500 RPM
Jan 22, 2005
Klang
Visit site
this car has come from a very long way.. the time spent to make it this good and tough is priceless. Pair it with a track junkie like him, this car can fly.

wait till u see his street spec, its sex on wheels! And driven daily. Low? Nahh..

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Yo all sifu,
I would like to ask y'all about...
is really LSD gear need to use specified gear oil like 'indication' of different brand...
What I'm trying to ask is...can LSD g/b use normal gear oil???

Thanks for viewing & reply!
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience