Fake Brembo??

ericmaxman

Senior Newbie
Jul 18, 2008
Kuala Lumpur

Just got word that some shady Chinese company are actually making counterfeit Brembo and AP Racing brake kits. From just the looks of it, there's little to tell apart from the originals and the counterfeits. Price wise, the counterfeit brakes are just one third the price of the real deal.

What we can gather from the news site is that the whole operation isn't as shady as you would imagine, as the makers of these imitation brakes actually has a showroom, warehouse and a workshop! The shop owner, known as Chen, mentions that the brakes are even used in some Macau races. Even more worryingly, Chen has claimed that he has exported quite a number of these counterfeit brakes to Malaysia. The reporter has also noted that the warehouse has stocked a lot of these counterfeit brake calipers and disc rotors, which they suspect might be for wholesale purposes.

Chen does not counterfeit only Brembo, as he claims that he also produces AP Racing brakes and other well known brakes. Several experts has voiced their concerns over these fake brake kits, as using imitation brake kits can cause fatal accidents, since they do not stand up to the strict quality control Brembo and other manufacturers impose.

So guys, if you do happen to come across some brand new, but dubiously cheap Brembo brakes, please proceed with extreme caution, as these counterfeit brakes do not perform like how the originals should. The car's braking system should not be taken lightly, as this is a matter of life and death.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Be careful guys...

slipar

500 RPM
Apr 29, 2006
banting - pj
already have at zth marketplace..seller stated there replica brake set..
honest seller will tell if it replica or ori..up for buyer to choose..
usually the problem is the replica set sell as ori..

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
No matter how cheap or tempting of those fake brembo.....

please don't gamble with your life and your love ones, driving around with with fakes brakes....which could perform worst that standard brake.

unless you want brembo gaya, and don't care about your life.

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
bumped into the AP Racing sets in mudah quite awhile ago...

also, to quote Chris from Pentagon Racing about his experience with fake brakes (taken from my FB post about this)

This thing has been around for years but just that it has been rampant and out of control recently!
I had a first hand experience recently in China racing in track and i nearly hit the EvoX in frt of me when the AP Racing Pro5000 brakes failed. Only when the race finish i realised that it was 99% FAKE AP Racing caliper. Best is the workshop owner didnt even know it was fake as it was bought from a reputable shop in China!

We found the cause subsequently was the aluminum is expansion rate Versus heat is too high, and when heat is very high from repetitive heavy braking like in competitive driving in track, brake fluid gets to sip through the nuts n seal causing a sudden lost of brakes!

My balls went up my throat when i nearly KISS the EvoX ass, lucky to swerve in last minute advoidance. When the brakes cools down everything is normal again.

F@#K Fake Shit!

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
already have at zth marketplace..seller stated there replica brake set..
honest seller will tell if it replica or ori..up for buyer to choose..
usually the problem is the replica set sell as ori..
If seller sells both, what is stopping him sending to you the fake even though paid for original?:smokin:

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
Seller will know, buyer kena only......:banghead:
this fake brembo is cool in a bad way.
for sure they only make them for high end car smwhich can go super fast.
when these car cant stop super quick then it will be a hit on the online community super quick.

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
Disc is deadlier.

But do you want to gamble your life that way?
brembo disc is flooding the online market place.
so far most are pads and disc.
quality packaging help convince victim
for sure it fake rite,why on earth would brembo makes disc and pad for proton and perodua rite?

i rathet buy local product such as proride.its oso cheap but at least i know its genuine.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
for sure it fake rite,why on earth would brembo makes disc and pad for proton and perodua rite?

i rathet buy local product such as proride.its oso cheap but at least i know its genuine.
Correct, a lesser known original better then well known fake brand......

pangyau

1,000 RPM
Oct 17, 2009
Malaysia
Brembo disc/brake pads/ parts so much expensive to source from the Service center (Mitusbishi/Renault/etc).
Because it probably genuine parts.

Compare the outside market the price seems below then 50% which it attract the end user.
Unknown origin of manufacturing and miss leading information by seller telling they reduce the price for small profit margin.

Now kinda afraid to source the rotor disc replacement either to buy in Sunway.
Or to source direct from Japan which cost more (40% more) due to essential additional cost.

What is the standard market price of Project-U disc floating type in the market?
How to define the product is original even sell by so called authentic dealer?

ericmaxman

Senior Newbie
Jul 18, 2008
Kuala Lumpur

You mean brembo max like the ones below?

Fake or not, maybe the dimensions are similar to other cars, hence the compatibility.

For me, if I change my discs, I'm eyeing AFI RS.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I have the folowing problem. I have bouth the alarm a cupple jears ago.(4jears) at a dealer in holland. it was installed in a old corsa.(wife's car) when the car went to the junkjard i removed the alarm.
In this time i moved to a diverend house. so the original box and munual where trown away by my wife!:banghead:

I whent back to the dealer for a new manual so i could install it in my own car. unfurtuntly the dealer dousn't exist anymore.:mad:

I tride to find the manufacter of the...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience