Fairlady Roadster price

suicidal_dream

Jul 17, 2008
Hi Guys, just wanted to find out, am planning to sell my car, a 03/08 roadster, what would you think a fair valuation would be for it. Low mileage, standard no mods, good condition. I'm getting some very poor offers so far so would like some advice. Thanks.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
The "poor offers" are due to the fact that the car is expensive because of the beautiful 3.5L VQ engine's road tax. People who can easily afford to pay the road tax would most likely buy a newer car. Plus the fact that it is a beautiful roadster, which isn't exactly practical for Malaysian weather and only truly appreciated when going to Cameron or Genting with the top down.

Considering the road tax is RM4380 per year, insurance, assuming a value of RM75,000, would be ~RM2250 approx. That's RM6630 a year, before you even drive the car. Throw in some service, some tear and wear for an old car, its advisable to put RM10k aside for the car each year. This is not including the installment for the car yet.

So let's assume we can get 3 years loan for the car, at 90%, car sold at RM75,000, 3% interest, that's a monthly installment of RM2043, add in the sunk cost for the car (RM10,000/12 = RM833) = RM2876/month

Naturally, people will look at their options, for purpose of illustration I have a 2 door roadster with reclining roof
VW EOS, RM257k, 90% loan, 9 years, installment is ~RM2459, 2L affordable road tax

New car, warranty coverage, cheaper operating costs.

And bare in mind the car will be 10 years old next year. So to make up for the expensive road tax, naturally people make lower offers. It's a lovely car, no doubt about that. Hope this helps.

suicidal_dream

Jul 17, 2008
Thanks for the detailed info ixeo. I can understand your comparison, but is there anyway that i can find out the valuation for the car. I just want to sell it for a valid price and not be taken for a ride.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Well... I know many people loves the 350Z, but feels a pinch with the road tax. Those who do not feel the pinch would probably buy a newer car - people with money usually prefer to have warranty and not have any hassle.

Second hand car dealers would probably offer you way way way low due to the 3.5L AND the fact its a roadster. If it is an automatic, car enthusiasts would shy away from it as well.

As always, sellers want to sell for higher price, buyer wants to buy for lower price. The "valid price" is simply what both parties can agree on. Your chance would be to find a buyer who wants a roadster, then maybe he will offer more, because roadsters are rare over here.

suicidal_dream

Jul 17, 2008
Thanks buddy,
I managed to search for some similar cars for sale and found out the price, will use that as a benchmark

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
suicidal_dream,

Selling/buying (rare) car can sometimes strange. Some ppl see value of the car, some other see it as a burden. Guess that is why ppl say: willling buyer, willing seller.

I had this old classic car on sale last time. I put in plenty of money for its restoration. When I wanted to sell the car, ppl offered me damn low ridiculous price. Not even 10% of the total amount I spent on the restoration, never mind the price of the car.

However, another guy bought the car at a more "reasonable price", because he values and understood the meaning of classic car, not as an old rusty junk as other ppl would think.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Stupid road tax regulation! If not for that, I've surely get a Z & M3 already! Hence have to settle with no more than 2.5ltr. :(

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

as I see from caburator engine, the intake of the air got a pipe which is connected to the ezos piping area
and I think the purpose is to suck in hot air to the caburator is it???
then y we change to cool air??

i need convince!!!!!!!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience