Not open for further replies.

barney

Feb 4, 2004
TCS stands for traction control system
its a standard feature in z33

JS2

Known Member
Mar 3, 2006
when i press it, the dashboard show "TCS off" is it off or on actually? because normally other cars show "o/d off" it is actually on

barney

Feb 4, 2004
yes it is off but at certain situation it will on back automaticaly.
o/d stands for over drive,totally different fuction with TCS

NOS_7AGTE

Known Member
Nov 15, 2003
Mine got "VDC off" I dont know what's the hell for this system? When press it it will display in dashboard " VDC off".

JS2

Known Member
Mar 3, 2006
so when my dashboard shows "TCS off" what does it mean leh?

NOS_7AGTE

Known Member
Nov 15, 2003
Yours shows"TCS off" that's meant traction control system off "TCS off". If dashboard doesnt show it that's meant TCS on all the time when u drove the car.

barney

Feb 4, 2004
its another term of traction control
VDC = Vehicle Dynamic Control

Last edited:

JS2

Known Member
Mar 3, 2006
do you all on everything while normal driving?

dream.tent

500 RPM
Apr 22, 2005
KL
www.cardomain.com
Traction control is a has a very close connection from racing cars like F1 and others.
This is one of the latest tech that manufacturer put on road cars but originated from Race tracks.

The basic concept is, to allow more torque to transfer from the engine to the drive wheels to the tires on to the contact with the ground.
More wheel spin = lost of power.

So, if you can transfer the power lost to one wheel that is spinning to the one that has traction, your car will get off the starting line first......

So, if you turn off Traction Control, when one of your wheel hits sandy ground or water, you will feel that you lost drive instantanusly or in another word, it's dangerous under the condition that you need torque or power to get you our from a dangerous position....ie, high speed turning on a wet or ice surface..

http://www.autozine.org/technical_school/traction/tech_traction_other.htm#TC

Read more here.....

dream.tent

500 RPM
Apr 22, 2005
KL
www.cardomain.com
Actually Traction control not latest tech in private cars also...been around for 10 years almost if really counting it...hhh

Most BMW(s) and Merc has this. I think most FR cars need Traction control as it helps alot to avoid spins.

dream.tent

500 RPM
Apr 22, 2005
KL
www.cardomain.com
Oh...once more. I'm quoting this website cause i think they make sense. Not that they are endorse by any research house or university.
I just want to share more info with my fello cars lover here.

I'm read alot more about Traction control in other sites but this autozine is more tech oriented. Not selling for any brand. So you don't get alot of sales talk in it.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-3298275624679620768&q=traction+control+on&pl=true

Have a look yourself what happen when traction is off when you want to go from stand still. I'm sure you can understand .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Subaru will be getting their own version of the Toyota FT-86 rear-wheel drive coupe and have released the first official photos of their version of the collaboration ahead of its debut at the Geneva Motor Show next week.

While Subaru were sneaky and provided a photo with an outline of just the front end’s silhouette, some Photoshop wands were waved over it at CarScoop and managed to filter out the rest...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience