Extreme Makeover Mercedes 300CE (W124) @ the detailien HIVE

seech

Known Member
Jan 21, 2007
Extreme Makeover: Mercedes 300CE (W124)
Some pictures of an extreme makeover in progress @

The owner of this 300CE wanted something done about the paint on his otherwise well maintained 300CE (W124) as the car will soon be put up for sale.

The car had been recently repainted but the quality of the paintwork left much to be desired and the owner wanted to see what we could do with it.

Horrible swirls...

The hood was taped off and a simple 50/50 was done to see what could be done and how much work was required to correct the paint.

Not bad but could still be better...

Before.... all hazy and cloudy.

After.... much better but still lacking in definition.

Another before...

After...

Updates from this detailien Extreme Makeover will be posted as the work progresses.

Stay tuned for more...

muyo

Known Member
Jan 27, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Re: Extreme Makeover Mercedes 300CE (W124) @ the detailien HIVE - UPDATED

Good day,

Here is some updates for the W124 we working lately. Seech pulled this Merz to the Hive to get it restored few days back. The condition was horrible, neglected. After a proper 50/50 correction done on the hood it looks much more better.

50/50 after corrected

Judging from the picture above, it looks perfect, the gloss is there and the swirls are gone but still we have feelings there is something missing on it. DEFINITION!!! Despite the poor paint job have done on this Merz. We plan to go more further than just correcting the paint. It seems we need to rip off a little bit more of the clear coat to make it look more clearer.

After some discussion, we plan to sand it down and then compound/polish to remove the sanding marks. The result was awesome after we could see ourselves clearer on the hood.

here is the before and after

after ripped off

more to come soon..

kc2

1,000 RPM
Dec 2, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
thedetailers.blogspot.com
we need more pics :biggrin:

superb job as usual..

bro
we need more prayers...usually we start off with prayer before we detail...and it is a blessing to work with the blessing from above
u r have make the different

seech

Known Member
Jan 21, 2007
Re: Extreme Makeover Mercedes 300CE (W124) @ the detailien HIVE - UPDATED

Good day,

Here is some updates for the W124 we working lately. Seech pulled this Merz to the Hive to get it restored few days back. The condition was horrible, neglected. After a proper 50/50 correction done on the hood it looks much more better.

Judging from the picture above, it looks perfect, the gloss is there and the swirls are gone but still we have feelings there is something missing on it. DEFINITION!!! Despite the poor paint job have done on this Merz. We plan to go more further than just correcting the paint. It seems we need to rip off a little bit more of the clear coat to make it look more clearer.

After some discussion, we plan to sand it down and then compound/polish to remove the sanding marks. The result was awesome after we could see ourselves clearer on the hood.

after ripped off

more to come soon..
Nice Muyo! That's what I'm talking about....

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Dear All,
Want to know if any of you knows of a workshop, mechanic or tired and tested way to strength gear transmission? The reason I am asking is that currently my car is NA and I willbe boosting it soon. I know the factory gears will not take 200whp reliably. I am calling on you guys for help. Thanks in advance.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience