Extractor heat..

blur_civic

500 RPM
Oct 8, 2004
KL/PJ
Hi zthians..

Just wondering, would it be better to thermal wrap the extractor or thermal paint it..
Know where and what price would the range be for both?

tanks in advance... :)

KingHaruan

Known Member
Nov 29, 2004
Earth
:huh: didn't know theres a thermal paint.... :huh:

soulfly

500 RPM
Jan 25, 2004
Miri
fakhrain.blogdrive.com
Originally posted by blur_civic@Jan 16 2005, 13:02
Hi zthians..

Just wondering, would it be better to thermal wrap the extractor or thermal paint it..
Know where and what price would the range be for both?

tanks in advance... :)
I think thermal paint is neater, but it can get worn after a while.

This paint reduces heat from getting released to the engine bay, but it is still hot. Anyway, it is not the same as heat resistant paint.

How about getting paint+wrap combo? :lol:

gti88

1,500 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
Visit site
i thought termal paint is like those kind of paint that can
stand heat so the colour wont change ?? :blink:

blur_civic

500 RPM
Oct 8, 2004
KL/PJ
yeah.. planning to thermal wrap too currently.. not gonna do both soulfly.. hahaha.. too much i think..

maverick warned me about taking into account that the extractor ("chap muk" brand) might crack having to withstand too much heat after thermal wrapping.. any comments on that?

Para

Jun 29, 2004
Originally posted by blur_civic@Jan 16 2005, 21:31
yeah.. planning to thermal wrap too currently.. not gonna do both soulfly.. hahaha.. too much i think..

maverick warned me about taking into account that the extractor ("chap muk" brand) might crack having to withstand too much heat after thermal wrapping.. any comments on that?
not only the chap ayam. i even heard ppl commenting the same thing for the hotbits extractor.

else y not try heat shielding it like the mivec extractor concept. ;)

blur_civic

500 RPM
Oct 8, 2004
KL/PJ
erm.. how does that work para? Dont really know the mivec heat shielding concept.. :P

4agze

2,000 RPM
Jan 25, 2004
KL
Visit site
Originally posted by Para+Jan 16 2005, 23:49 --></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Para @ Jan 16 2005, 23:49 )</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-blur_civic@Jan 16 2005, 21:31

not only the chap ayam. i even heard ppl commenting the same thing for the hotbits extractor.

else y not try heat shielding it like the mivec extractor concept. ;) [/b][/quote]
got picture of mivec heat shield concept? :)

taqu

Known Member
Dec 17, 2004
Visit site
Or u can custom-make a piece of insulator and secure it above your extractor. Standard Proton engine got this insulator to cover the stock exhaust manifold, so when I changed to aftermarket extractor, I modded the original cover to fit with the new extractor.

blur_civic

500 RPM
Oct 8, 2004
KL/PJ
oic... hmm... never thought of that... good idea... :lol:

blur_civic

500 RPM
Oct 8, 2004
KL/PJ
went to a acc shop today.. price for thermal wrap is RM80.. forgot to check out how many meters.. anyone know the price for thermal wrap from autobags.. hehehe.. looking for budgeted ones... :P

4agze

2,000 RPM
Jan 25, 2004
KL
Visit site
Originally posted by blur_civic@Jan 18 2005, 19:08
went to a acc shop today.. price for thermal wrap is RM80.. forgot to check out how many meters.. anyone know the price for thermal wrap from autobags.. hehehe.. looking for budgeted ones... :P
i heard made in usa one is the best... but quite costly, try and seek this one maybe not so much difference :)

flamefox850

500 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
Pasir Mas
www.geocities.com
Originally posted by taqu@Jan 17 2005, 10:32
Or u can custom-make a piece of insulator and secure it above your extractor. Standard Proton engine got this insulator to cover the stock exhaust manifold, so when I changed to aftermarket extractor, I modded the original cover to fit with the new extractor.
is this cover really2 can 'cover' up the engine bay from the heat or not ?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

The weekend of 9 and 10 June 2012 will certainly satiate the appetites of car and race fanatics with what is set to be the Biggest Motorsport Event in Malaysia; the SUPER GT 2012 Round 3 Malaysia.

<!--more-->The event taking place at the Sepang International Circuit, is known as the Fastest Grand Touring Race in the world, with this round being the only...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience