extractor + exhaust

nyantong

Known Member
Jul 26, 2008
Decat-ing your stock exhaust will improve your power. It would be like having a very short 4-1 manifold. However, as you did not specify just what car you are driving, hard to say whether removing the cat would cause an MIL for the engine to light up. Most likely the oxygen sensor would indicate lean mixture in the exhaust. If you have more budget, I'd suggest changing the entire extractor to either a 4-2-1 or 4-1. Having used both, I'd say they both improve power. If you love revving the engine as I do, a 4-1 is better and the torque peaks at high RPMs. If however you wish to tune your car for better pick up, go with a 4-2-1. Either way, you won't regret.

escksu

Known Member
Nov 25, 2011
Singapore
Btw, if you are keen, the Works Eng exhaust is pretty decent. I am using it right now. Not too expensive too for a full set.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

UMW Toyota has officially revealed the new Toyota Vios at its headquarters in Shah Alam. The car is now improved with a new Dual VVT-i engine, new CVT gearbox and the inclusion of VSC in all variants.

In between the existing J, E, G and TRD variants, there’s a new GX variant introduced and is placed below the range-topping TRD Sportivo.

2016 Toyota Vios

Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience