Experiened on the TUNED ECU ...

HKS[TRB-02]Evolution

500 RPM
Jun 16, 2005
Damansara
dear bro's ... anyone of you all here experienced of any stand alone ECU or piggy bag ?? willing to share the difference between ??? like Microtech ... V pro ... E manage ... which 1 you all actually prefer ?? what do u think of getting a MINE's ECU ?? was always plan to get 1 ... is there anyone selling MINE's ECU here ?? can sifus share your experience about the before and after plugging in the Stand alone ECU or piggy compare to the Ori ECU that we use ?? thanks ... how big is the difference ... thanks

DRFT_240sx

Nov 15, 2003
i think this is mainly who you want your tuner to be........if your mechanic/tuner is very good with haltech or microtech i'm sure its good enough

it all depends on tuners end of the day it's just computer like if u compare pentium 2 and pentium 3 see if u need that processing power or not

HKS[TRB-02]Evolution

500 RPM
Jun 16, 2005
Damansara
DRFT_240sx said:
i think this is mainly who you want your tuner to be........if your mechanic/tuner is very good with haltech or microtech i'm sure its good enough

it all depends on tuners end of the day it's just computer like if u compare pentium 2 and pentium 3 see if u need that processing power or not

thanks bro ... was thinking is there anyone in malaysia can well tune the MINE's ECU ... were so impressed when i saw the video when they tuned the car in japan ... but too bad it cannot be plug and play here due to too many factors ... sigh ... so any good tuner that tunes this ECU chun ?? any recommended?

DRFT_240sx

Nov 15, 2003
i belief on those "MINE's" ecu is nothing but a piggyback ROM onto your current ecu which is no different from a Apex'i safc , ITC and a greddy e-manage provided if your current ROM can support the required resolution .

i think if you're not goin full out race , a microtech is the best bang for the buck if you just want to moderately up-boost and do a bit of internal work of your engine while not blowing it up with "under the tree" tulang ikan controller or trying to trick your current ecu to put out more fuel...

and i belief joshua from millennium motorsports is very helpful in terms of advise where you want to head without bias of which ecu to choose.

pls be aware of those mine's tuned , or ralli art tuned ecu.... yes it does have extra capability but what was considered by most a plug and play , it doesn't really sound as simple as that as every different engine has different fueling/timing requirements. if you are "lucky" then those "tuned" ecu will serve you well if it coincidently matches with your hardware. if not i think it will messes things up more....

just an idea for you to choose but best is to see who you think is knowledgeble , friendly and doesnt cost an arm or an leg to tune your car and go from there.....

HKS[TRB-02]Evolution

500 RPM
Jun 16, 2005
Damansara
DRFT_240sx said:
i belief on those "MINE's" ecu is nothing but a piggyback ROM onto your current ecu which is no different from a Apex'i safc , ITC and a greddy e-manage provided if your current ROM can support the required resolution .

i think if you're not goin full out race , a microtech is the best bang for the buck if you just want to moderately up-boost and do a bit of internal work of your engine while not blowing it up with "under the tree" tulang ikan controller or trying to trick your current ecu to put out more fuel...

and i belief joshua from millennium motorsports is very helpful in terms of advise where you want to head without bias of which ecu to choose.

pls be aware of those mine's tuned , or ralli art tuned ecu.... yes it does have extra capability but what was considered by most a plug and play , it doesn't really sound as simple as that as every different engine has different fueling/timing requirements. if you are "lucky" then those "tuned" ecu will serve you well if it coincidently matches with your hardware. if not i think it will messes things up more....

just an idea for you to choose but best is to see who you think is knowledgeble , friendly and doesnt cost an arm or an leg to tune your car and go from there.....

thanks bro ... i will really look into it ... so what ECU are you using now ?? piggy bag or a Stand alone ?? =) mind to share the difference after using it ??

S.W.Yap

Known Member
Aug 26, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
I think it depend what have you done on your engine, if just minor upgrade like
air filter,exhaust etc .. SAFC will be enough , if you upgrade piston, boost,turbo,
e-manage or any piggy back ecu will do the job , if you are going extreme , like
boosting 1.5 bar above , big turbo , forge piston,con rod etc etc , than stand alone
ecu . Those mines ecu,rally art ecu not really suite your current engine , it might
have too rich fueling . I have use a Sard ECU before for my car, I still need a SAFC
to tune down the fueling because it's too rich . After that when I upgrade my
turbo , piston , boosting 1.7bar , I still can tune it chun by SAFC , of course a piggy
back or stand alone ecu will be good but by that time run out of money
already .. :))

It's all depend what is your target and future plan . That's my opinion .

omnikron

Known Member
Dec 13, 2005
hi, just a comment as i am a Ralliart plug and play ECU user. the Ralliart ECU is supposed to be group N rally ecu, therefore problem is with the lean fueling.

my tuner told me as this is common because rally or race machines usually use high RON fuel, thenfore the lean fueling wont hurt the machines. unfortunately, we are not like japan where these higher octane petrol is expensive and hard to get.

but my opinion wold be go stand alone, it has more potential for futher tuning, provided you have the funds. Power FC is pretty famous among the Evo community.

HKS[TRB-02]Evolution

500 RPM
Jun 16, 2005
Damansara
thanks bro ... thanks for all the comments ... so now those ECU in your cars are all being Re-Tuned by your very own tuner?? how's the performance now ?? very very responsive ?? =) actually the Ralliart ECU should categorised as Piggy Bag or Stand alone ??

Bro S.W.Yap : the Sard ECU that you are using cause u any problem ?? will it be very hard to tune ?? its stranged that you still have to use SAFC for that ... is the Sard ECU consider Stand alone ?? =) it is not Re-programmable ??

Last edited:

DRFT_240sx

Nov 15, 2003
i belief those ralli-art ones are just a re-chipped ecu which you are comparing a PDA to a desktop computer. and no you can reburn the ROM but you cannot retune the current ecu on those chipped ones unless u swap out the ROM

thus it is considered a piggyback..... stand-alone totally replaces your whole wiring and your stock ecu which is a system itself hence the name.

omnikron

Known Member
Dec 13, 2005
the Ralliart ECU is a standalone but plug and play ECU, therefore it is not tuneable.

changing to programmable ROM would be something like ECUtek which is available from Links Racing in Sunway. where they use your original OEM ECU and rechip it and tune it with their software. i was going to take this option since i'm not going to ultimate power, but currently saving up for the funds.

Stand alone ECU are like Motec M800, Pectel T6 2000, HKS FCON V Pro, APEX'i Power FC and many others. Different tuners would prefer different ECUs, futher more, more advance ECUs would typically be more accurate, with more features.

Piggyback ECUs like Haltech (i think so, not sure) and Greddy Emanage Ultimate is a compromise between OEM and programmable ECUs. these ECUs are not as accurate as standalone programmables, but they offer quite good bang for buck.

but again, if you are going for futher mods other than bolt ons, meaning your going to touch the internals of the engine, fully programmable is the way to go, more options to work with.

P.S. anyone wanna sell their AP 6 pot 330mm for an E6? i'm up for an offer :)

DRFT_240sx

Nov 15, 2003
omnikron: not to be harsh or anything but i think you got your information a little messed up. I would think ralliart do re-chipped ecu which you dont consider standalone.

haltech are standalone depending on models , some are just AIC.

HKS[TRB-02]Evolution

500 RPM
Jun 16, 2005
Damansara
thanks for all the comment bro ... thanks for all the share ... =) anything in the future that i dunno ... i will ask you all ... if can .. we can go for a TT as well ... anything just leave me the contact number ok ... thanks brother ... i appreciated everything that you all being sharing with me ... =)

DRFT_240sx

Nov 15, 2003
not a problem , i wish i could TT as well :(

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I'm using a wira 1.5 carburator engine........can i switch my standard engine to turbo engine?.......plz any sifu tell me! izzit possible?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience