experience on HWL adjustable suspension?

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
chubby? baru puas makan :eating:

anyways, thinking of getting fully adjustable unfortunately hwl does not offer that option. there are a lot of new players in the market such as ZerOne, ISC, BC Racing(taiwan).

all their adverts seems to be of good quality.adds to my confusion.
fully adjustable to which spec??

spring preload
+
bodyshift
+
bump-rebound setting

if not mistaken got also..

but GAB SS also offer same spec.....
price also similiar....
reliability not sure...

the rest is just your brand preferences maybe??? :adore:

D0m|n|k3i

D0m|n|k3i

Jan 30, 2008
wow....rear using 10k spring???

mine previous using 8k front/4k rear on my daily satria.....perfect!....but my other half didn't like it...cos she said too bouncy (she chubby type body bouncing) :biggrin:

so have to resort on 6k front/4k rear......still did an awesome job on cornering and compromise with comfort....

HWL unit... :adore:
Used to run 8k f 6k r....the car still felt too tight & pushed a lot during corners.....didn't want to run a larger rear bar....found the 19mm bar quite suitable.....so I opted for the rear 10kg springs.....works well for me :)

jerm

Known Member

jerm

Known Member
Feb 12, 2004
PJ
www.teamcrx.tk
bringing this up again with some questions

how do you know what the spring rates are? also, with body height adjustment, if you only change the spring height, wouldn't that make the ride bumpier?

i recently changed to fully adjustables for HWL, and would like some more info before i go back to the shop to get it adjusted. i'm driving daily, some spirited, some fast cornering

i feel my car is very keras now, especially the back, where when i go over a speedbump, there's almost no travel at all.

would adjusting the soft/hard help?

EvolutionV7

Known Member

EvolutionV7

Known Member
Nov 28, 2004
Johor Bahru
zerotohundred.com
I m also running 6k front and 4k rear on wira sedan. Even though not as comfortable as OEM suspension..but the handling increase..

JERM...its all depend on ur personal liking. Like all the bros here mention.
Comfortable = 6K F / 4K R
Semi Performance = 8K F / 6K R
Hardcore =10K F / 8K R

The height will need to test and trial. adjust to certain level and test drive..normally the shop u buy from will free adjust for u till you satisfied.

I m using tyre profile 205/45/16, half finger front, 1 finger rear. Nvr have scratches under bumper or fender so far.

meltan7

500 RPM

meltan7

500 RPM
Feb 3, 2006
Kelana Jaya
I'm running on 8K F / 6K R.
Tyre profile 205/40/17, half finger front, 1 finger rear.
Abit bumpy on uneven roads, but performs really well at corners.

jerm

Known Member

jerm

Known Member
Feb 12, 2004
PJ
www.teamcrx.tk
GT_Auto,

I bought a set of HWL fully adjustables, hi/lo/soft/hard/body (roll?) that you can find a lot of people selling in this forum

farique

500 RPM

farique

500 RPM
Jan 22, 2005
Klang
Visit site
GT_Auto,

I bought a set of HWL fully adjustables, hi/lo/soft/hard/body (roll?) that you can find a lot of people selling in this forum
no no..not body roll. :rofl: Its body-shift. :biggrin:

Previously, adjustables are only adjusting the seat height of the spring. But nowadays, another version or rather improved version of adjustable has born. Named, body-shift adjustable. The difference is, the absorber bracket aka lower mount is now a separate part from the absorber and adjustable independently.

the body-shift shines when u want a lower ride height and retain the spring travel so it wont bottom out soon. For normal adjustable, u lower the spring perch to lower the car. This affect the spring travel and bottom out soon. Hence, unda-steer-ahh.. :rofl: and bumpy ride.

good thing HWL are serviceable. Those buying cheaper adjustables surely scratching their heads when the abs leak.. :banghead:

chester91

chester91

Feb 10, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Does hwl hi/lo adj have body shift? Currently contemplating on hi/lo or fully adj. Price factor is making me wonder is it worth it. Driving a Neo btw.

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
get the hi-low soft hard (included with bodyshift).....worth the extra penny...

if u did bought hi-lo only...once u not satisfied with the damping adjustment then scratch head to get it overhauled and re-adjust to your damping preferences..... :biggrin:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

It’s indeed a case of beauty and a beast as the official figures for the modern take on the classic Lancia Stratos emerges and puts the century sprint time at a very supercar like 3.3-seconds.

As beautiful as it may be, just like its predecessor, it would have been a pity if the new Stratos didn’t have the go to match its show. Fortunately...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience