Expensive tyres vs Budget tyres

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
dammit dammit dammit.. how is someone selling Nexen AU5 now for RM200 only?!?! GAAAHHH
Sure in brand new?:smokin:
17" at RM200 maybe China Mari, but Korean?

---------- Post added at 05:01 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 04:56 PM ----------

To me the difference between those 2 are a bit blur. In many tests, the tires tested are mixed between them too. How about Michelin PSS and Pilot Sport Cup2, what categories they're supposed to be in?

Wah damn cheap for a 17' leh!
PSS is Max, PSC2 is trackday/competition means semi slick dy..:driver:

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Sure in brand new?:smokin:
17" at RM200 maybe China Mari, but Korean?

---------- Post added at 05:01 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 04:56 PM ----------

PSS is Max, PSC2 is trackday/competition means semi slick dy..:driver:
I think PSS is like half a step ahead of the rest (F1, PS3, V105, CSC5, P Zero etc2), like a class on its own, or maybe similar like BS RE-11 or Conti Extreme Contact DW.

PSC2 not yet semi slick leh, still got a lot of treads/grooves and std tire on some supercars but the tread wear is already super low at 80 only. Maybe extreme category like AD08R, no?

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
I think PSS is like half a step ahead of the rest (F1, PS3, V105, CSC5, P Zero etc2), like a class on its own, or maybe similar like BS RE-11 or Conti Extreme Contact DW.

PSC2 not yet semi slick leh, still got a lot of treads/grooves and std tire on some supercars but the tread wear is already super low at 80 only. Maybe extreme category like AD08R, no?
PSS is the actual tyre replacing PS2 that is why still in Max only. PS3 some put in Max some class as UHP.

PSC2 replace PSC Plus that replace PSC and all 3 class in track/competition.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
PSS is the actual tyre replacing PS2 that is why still in Max only. PS3 some put in Max some class as UHP.

PSC2 replace PSC Plus that replace PSC and all 3 class in track/competition.
I think PS3, F1, CSC5, etc2 is more for UHP. Max is more for PSS, RE-11 and the likes which are not that many.
PSC2 I'd say extreme category which are still road legal & track ready but not semi slicks yet.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
I think PS3, F1, CSC5, etc2 is more for UHP. Max is more for PSS, RE-11 and the likes which are not that many.
PSC2 I'd say extreme category which are still road legal & track ready but not semi slicks yet.
Well, that is not my call, those data were taken from UK tyre review......lol:rofl:

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
Surprising the Falken & Nokian can get ranked pretty high but yeah the BS & Michelin are using wrong tires. If with the comparable tires (Potenza & PS series), the Falken & Nokian most likely can get lower rating. Hankook should have used the V12E2. Advan Sports, not so surprised actually coz in many other tests also ends up mid range most of the time.
i dont see why its surprising Falken ranked high... im actually surprised they didnt get higher?

why? coz Azenis, thats why. not Ziex. Ziex memang crap.

But Azenis, ive used the old ST115, and they are pratically one of the best tires ive ever used... especially in the wet.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
i dont see why its surprising Falken ranked high... im actually surprised they didnt get higher?

But Azenis, ive used the old ST115, and they are pratically one of the best tires ive ever used... especially in the wet.
Coz in most tests the Azenis FK453 usually ends up mid-low ranking if compared to UHP tires of other top brands. Maybe this newest version also improves more.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya

I used many sets of the ST115 before also. For me they were good in dry and wet, but wet after 50% quite scary because they only have 2 straight grooves and once worn becomes like semi slick.....hhahahhaa
I used the FK452 also, wet aquaplaning is good but dry not as good as ST115. After that FK453 did not use.....:smokin:

---------- Post added at 08:28 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:15 AM ----------

Does it any good...cant find it in the article...
Nexen AU5 are all seasons tyres. Bro. Izso already comment they are normal tyres and he prefer to go back to performance tyres.....:biggrin:

Even though Nexen states they are UHP tyres but once they also put fuel savings logo they become eco tyres to me....lol
Moreover thread pattern have too many sipes means harder compound also.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I think this question should have posted a lot of time in this thread but i still need to understand something.. so guys, please bear with it and thanks a lot..

Changing exhaust is it illegal..?
Confirm loud one sure cannot but what about those exhaust that is quiet although is not ori exhaust..

Yesterday, my friend got a saman.. he told my friend that he modified his exhaust.. the problem is, he didnt ask my friend to tekan the minyak... then he saman my friend already.. the...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience