Exora Bold CFE vs Chery Eastar

MKMD428

500 RPM
Aug 21, 2005
johore
just wonderring is the exora bold turbocharged or supercharged? cos my bro in law told me that his fren is working in proton claims that the CFE is supercharged not turbocharged....? so which is it? or he is just another hanracing..haha.....
that friend of your bro in law was so wrong.
it is turboharged, confirmed by my close cousin who works as test engineer in proton shah alam.

Myself also went to proton branch, just to have a look at the engine. turbine is top mounted. intercooler is fitted on the left side of the front bumper. intercooler size looks the same size like OEM 4G93T CB-CD chassis (inverted position, not the same position as the 93T)

CVT cooler can be seen clearly in in front bumper. downside for me is, no stock boost gauge / turbine indicator / whatsoever as far as I can see. doesn't matter low boost or hi boost, from my point of view..boost gauge is important.

and what laughs me most is that...some of the sales exec/sales person/whatsoever, didn't concur when I said that this engine is turbocharged...they stress over and over again that: ini bukan enjin turbo bang..ini enjin CFE..enjin save minyak..
yes I know its a CFE engine, but yet that turbine that sits top mounted says it all! whatever dude...

yen.trd

From Facebook
Mar 16, 2011
www.facebook.com
and what laughs me most is that...some of the sales exec/sales person/whatsoever, didn't concur when I said that this engine is turbocharged...they stress over and over again that: ini bukan enjin turbo bang..ini enjin CFE..enjin save minyak..
yes I know its a CFE engine, but yet that turbine that sits top mounted says it all! whatever dude...
hahahahaha.......lucky it is u.....if me were at that time, konpem i'll ask on the CFE thing untill that s/p cannot answer anymore......lagi mau kingching.......:rofl::rofl::rofl:

for the thread question, i prefer exora since exora road tax cheaper than cherry eastar.....other than that, u need to test it yourself......:driver::driver::driver:

l2s_turbo

1,000 RPM
Oct 23, 2004
Ownself is sales man but dunno it's turbo charged.. WTH..

EvolutionZ

5,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Aug 3, 2007
its a turbocharged...:)

DeaconFrost

Known Member
Oct 2, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
Ahahahaha bro... I remember my friend told me when he went to a Proton showroom...

A salesman handed him a flyer and proceeded to smooth talk him into considering the all new version of Proton - the 'Ench' version (pronounced similar to 'inch)... my friend was wondering "what in God's name is 'Ench'?".

Then my friend look down and read the photocopied flyer: Proton Waja Enhc. - for ENHANCED version.

Last edited:

EvolutionZ

5,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Aug 3, 2007
should inform the manager ....sure get maximum

malikf3

From Facebook
Sep 29, 2010
www.facebook.com
just wonderring is the exora bold turbocharged or supercharged? cos my bro in law told me that his fren is working in proton claims that the CFE is supercharged not turbocharged....? so which is it? or he is just another hanracing..haha.....
i tot i will never read or hear that nickname again aha....

for sure go for exora la, way way better then chery.... "belilah buatan malaysia" hehe

chsyke

Known Member
Dec 13, 2006
No secondhand... !!! For New Mpv... I Vote for exora bolt...

xbalance2002

1,000 RPM
Mar 15, 2006
just wonder how many Bold owner? i seen some turbo can in my friend workshop stop by for service engine oil guess what... they use normal/cheap mineral oil for turbo engine.....

i think outside workshop later going to be a long queue to repair New turbo Bold.... gasket leaking...hehe

siputmagic

Mar 25, 2006
Proton salesman didn't know much of what are they selling. No matter how good the product it is, they cant sell well due to this problem. Salesman should take an exam before qualified to sell the product. Do it same as the insurance agent.

p/s: MKMD428, may i know which branch said that "ini bukan enjin turbo.. ini enjin CFE".. hahaha
Thanks

DeaconFrost

Known Member
Oct 2, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
Proton salesman didn't know much of what are they selling. No matter how good the product it is, they cant sell well due to this problem. Salesman should take an exam before qualified to sell the product. Do it same as the insurance agent.

p/s: MKMD428, may i know which branch said that "ini bukan enjin turbo.. ini enjin CFE".. hahaha
Thanks
Seriously, reading MKMD428's story, I can't imagine your face staring at the Proton salesman, must be damn pissed off... ahahahaha...

But not only Proton salesman lah... I remember when Lancer GT first launched, my co-workers and I went to USF Glenmarie...you all know that Lancer GT have heat-shielding on the firewall just behind the engine? While I was taking my time looking at the engine, one salesman suddenly came near me and said smugly "Bro, you know this space between the firewall and the engine? It was specifically designed so that owners can fit a turbo here". Again, smugly.

I was like: NO SH*T???

pandaB

Known Member
Feb 9, 2005
some salesmen are really FU up man...last time they say Inspira is powered by Campro... and so forth..

Best is to test them both. Obviously Exora Bold is the newer of the 2. :)

khencana

Known Member
Jul 31, 2008
Penang

Thanks
my old story, 2005 at proton showroom, kota bharu

i ask, why gen2 interior look so plastic? can tahan panas ke?

the salesman : jgn risau.. skg dh canggih... dulu zaman batu, pastu zaman besi, sekarang zaman plastik....

that's why gen2 interior got many cheap plastic LOL

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Any 1 uses Power Train Technology clutch ? Good / bad comment?

I plan 2 get a set for my e3 . But dono izit good o not dis brand . Hope sifu can giv some comment about dis brand.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience