Exclusive: More about Petronas Team Syntium's SLS GT3 for MMER 2011

Tom

TIMETOATTACK
Helmet Clan
Jul 6, 2000
Kuala Lumpur

The Race is around the corner. Here are more exclusive shots of Team Petronas Syntium's SLS GT3 as they undergo more practice since it's been barely week the team have had the car. The drivers have had no experience in the Merc prior to this and although the SLS GT3 would definitely be much more easy to drive with its paddle shifters and comfortable with cool air pods blowing fresh air into the cockpit, it is also much faster. So taking the week to optimize their lap times and pit-ins are as crucial as having a competitive car.

Special Thanks to Fariqe Hairuman for the exclusive shots for '(00)

When asked about lap times, Fariqe mentioned that their previous Z4M Coupe was managing sub 2:12 at their best around Sepang during qualifying sessions previously. Though he hasn't got official timing figures for the SLS GT3 at the moment, they are aiming for 2:09.

The SLS GT3 will not only replace the Z4M Coupe for MME races from now on, it will also be their new base for future Super Taikyu races in Japan in 2012. So it's time we, the fans say farewell to the loyal BMW race car we came to love.

Fariqe Hairuman and his BMW Z4M Coupe race car back in 2007. We were there to witness its launch: Petronas Syntium Team BMW Z4 M COUPE Super Taikyu Launch and Specs

So what is Fariqe most excited about the SLS GT3? "I'm really looking forward to driving the SLS's huge V8 displacement and power and the paddle shifters would compliment the new car really well. The SLS GT3 will also be the fastest car i've ever driven!"

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hey, Im thinking of custom making a sticker... anyone knows where?
I need the kind that will stick to the window from inside the car, transparant background with white wordings. Something like the official ZTH sticker.
:)
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience