EX5 minor restore

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
Wanna ask otai here about setting ex5 carburetor. By youtube, adjust higher idle then adjust air to get higher idle.
Lastly adjust to normal idle rpm.
Any good instruction for stock setting...tq
I have never understand how to do it. I did it once long time ago after diy servicing the carb but result in lower power. could be previously it was setup for a tad more power at high end.

I screw in the air IN to the max (will cause the engine to idle abnormally ) and adjust the idle slightly higher. Then i turn the air screw out until the engine starts to idle or firing normally. Give it a couple of rev and it should rev up smoothly at entire range. If not then need to fine tune little by little. I get very good fc with this setting but loses a bit of breath on top end.This could be the stock setting.

Need good communication and listening skill to understand what the engine note is telling u.

sweelt

2,000 RPM

sweelt

2,000 RPM
Nov 6, 2016
Penang
I have never understand how to do it. I did it once long time ago after diy servicing the carb but result in lower power. could be previously it was setup for a tad more power at high end.

I screw in the air IN to the max (will cause the engine to idle abnormally ) and adjust the idle slightly higher. Then i turn the air screw out until the engine starts to idle or firing normally. Give it a couple of rev and it should rev up smoothly at entire range. If not then need to fine tune little by little. I get very good fc with this setting but loses a bit of breath on top end.This could be the stock setting.

Need good communication and listening skill to understand what the engine note is telling u.
Thanks.:shakehands:
yeah, so far engine tone is alright But not quite near stock like i heard before. Maybe need little by little tuning. Look so easy 2 screw.

sweelt

2,000 RPM

sweelt

2,000 RPM
Nov 6, 2016
Penang
Alway reconnect the vapor hose from the bettery to dispersed out battery vapor outside the compartment. Its normal for the hose to be missin. u can use aquarium air hose.

So far from the picture its just surface dust so no worry. The sponge air filter is known to decayed and clogged the carb when no periodic maintenance is done. I just skit the sponge but kept the wire mesh.

U upgrade to sport rim just like what i did when i started to ride to work. Now i am itcy to go backwards by using spoke wheels modified to be tubeless. Been hearing mixed opinion and review in this conversion. This or gold colour 6 spoke aap wheels as my rear rim bearing hub is worn out, need to 'alas' the bearing for perfect fit.

Now mileage is 96k km. i will wait for it to be 100k km before deciding on engine service or minor upgrade. 53mm block with carb setting should be enough for daily ride.
Bro, soon ur bike millage reset to 0. I think many riders proud owning a bike for full cycle.
The feel of ownership is hard to express.

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
Bro, soon ur bike millage reset to 0. I think many riders proud owning a bike for full cycle.
The feel of ownership is hard to express.
I am going to remove the meter and kept it as display item when it reach 99,999km.
If it happpen while riding then i will stop to remove the speedo cable to make the figure is static..hahahah.

Reactions: sweelt

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

It's time to break your bank account: the world's best handling sports car just got better.

Making it's debut at the New York Auto Show, the S2000 CR features a higher level of track-worthiness and style to the original S2000 roadster.

"The S2000 CR is the closest thing you can get to a Honda-built race car with license plate holders and a horn,"...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience