evo MAF socket

cyborgsabah

Nov 18, 2003
Afghanistan
Visit site
evo MAF got 7 wires same as VR4 but the wire colour are different....
anyone can let me know how to sambung the wires? if got both evo and vr4 sockets diagrams even better... thanks ;)

MitonCT26

1,000 RPM
Nov 16, 2003
Seremban
Why duwan to change to evo wiring straight away instead of just replacing the MAF? :rolleyes:

cyborgsabah

Nov 18, 2003
Afghanistan
Visit site
changed to evo 609 MAF aredi.... very much worth it for RM250 mod.... have to crank up fuel pressure a lot (1 bar) to compensate for extra air flow...

Miton, evo wiring cost a lot... got to but wiring, ecu, MAF and most likely cannot DIY... and if you are not using VR4 rs, the distributor socket not ngam also...

antonio

Old Member
Jul 27, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
Originally posted by cyborgsabah@Apr 4 2005, 09:56
changed to evo 609 MAF aredi.... very much worth it for RM250 mod.... have to crank up fuel pressure a lot (1 bar) to compensate for extra air flow...

Miton, evo wiring cost a lot... got to but wiring, ecu, MAF and most likely cannot DIY... and if you are not using VR4 rs, the distributor socket not ngam also...
[snapback]865878[/snapback]​
change the distributor to evo wan...get wif socket then plug in VR4....can oso... :blink: ...i'm using vr4 engine,wiring but evo distributor,coil,airflow....hehehehe...sekali imbas...."wahh evo ahh???

cyborgsabah

Nov 18, 2003
Afghanistan
Visit site
i got one problem after changin to evo AFM, idle is ok but when press throttle a little bit there is some sort of surge (rpm went crazy, moving up and down every second) like idling servo kaput like that... i know mine not working properly for quite some time even before plug in evo MAF but only rpm drop when aircon on... izit because more air than usual the not so perfect servo cannot handle? i try using my friend servo.. still the same.... <_<

MitonCT26

1,000 RPM
Nov 16, 2003
Seremban
ajai,

no need one...just modify wiring.

er...

i know about the craze in standalone management but then if got the change to change wiring from VR-4 to EVO, there is some big improvement. :P

might sell my set once i got some more budget to upgrade... :lol:

cyborg, maybe you try to check your idling screw on the throttle body or check the MAF. cos there is a screw to adjust airflow if i am not mistaken on the MAD itself. ;)

MitonCT26

1,000 RPM
Nov 16, 2003
Seremban
at the bottom of the MAF. there is a screw to adjust one.

bujang_hensem

Known Member
Jan 26, 2004
1. emm maybe you are running really lean if you still using stock vr4 injector 450cc. do remember evo MAF flow 29% more air compare stock vr4 MAF...so if you don't have something to adjust your fuel like safc. you will be running really2 lean and your engine might kaboom.....try to screw the MAF screw to the MAX...it might help to compesate for about 5 to 15% or close the right and left honeycome for temporary until you got SAFC etc to adjust the fuel right.

2. Try to unplug the MAF, see if the idle was ok or not...not to worry your car will run no problem without MAF because ECU will base on stock fuel mapping...only check engine light will turn on. If with MAF unplug ok that mean your MAF got problem....if see back smoke when plugin the MAF mean it kaput already...find new one....

last time I also got same problem...black smoke and idle when crazy and surge...my stock vr4 MAF kong already....lucky me when my friend sold me his spare evo3 MAF for RM50 haha....30 minutes wiring....problem solve.....

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

i got this tip from a police friend this morning......

an ops being conducted with police and jpj

to crack down iligal car mod and racing....

is just launched secretly a week ago.....

so those who are coming to sungi besi ,upm,seri kembangan ,serdang area....

be careful....my friends wira/vr4 was caught yesterday night.....

it seem that thay are not setting up road blocks but......

undercover in normal cars thay aprouch u from behind and block your car in the front....

my...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience