Evo 7 turbo issue

satria81

500 RPM
Sep 19, 2005
PETALING JAYA
Dear All,

Recently, i noticed that my engine oil level is decreasing .

Thus, i had the issue checked and found out that the shaft on the turbine ; near / on the fins are " shaking ".

Is it a norm for the shaft on the turbine to be shaky...?

Please share your thoughts on how i may solve this issue at best.

Thanks upfront for your good advise.

Regards,

Satria81

Last edited:

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
shaking.. or locally they call it goyang.. its on its way out bro..

suggest you find those who are upgrading their turbo on e7,8,9 to bigger turbos...and buy their used one from them. or if you want to upgrade..now is the time to buy a bigger snail!

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
either go servicing it and knowing it will be reliable for years to come.....or upgrade to papa snail...

satria81

500 RPM
Sep 19, 2005
PETALING JAYA
shaking.. or locally they call it goyang.. its on its way out bro..

suggest you find those who are upgrading their turbo on e7,8,9 to bigger turbos...and buy their used one from them. or if you want to upgrade..now is the time to buy a bigger snail!
hi ixeo,

thanks for advising. i truly appreciate it

yes...it felt like goyang too me too when i was asked to feel it...you are right

it is a good chance to upgrade, but i truly and really want to maintain my car at 100% stock..

do you know a garage that can do a good job and really dismantle the parts and reinstall them at best...i very fussy :)

cos some workshop, just dont do a clean job

---------- Post added at 04:41 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 04:40 PM ----------

either go servicing it and knowing it will be reliable for years to come.....or upgrade to papa snail...
hi ken yeang,

thank you .

do you know any good place that i can have the turbine overhauled...any workshop that does super good job ?...please share:)

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
famous workshop.. tong turbo. not cheap though.

if i am not mistaken, turbos from e9 improved versus e7. buying a used one may not be as expensive as you think since tong turbo's quality work doesn't come cheap.

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
mudah has serviced units for sale. used but re-new, like recon. Check it out and see....

satria81

500 RPM
Sep 19, 2005
PETALING JAYA
mudah has serviced units for sale. used but re-new, like recon. Check it out and see....
thanks kenyeang,

i am already looking for used e7 turbo at mudah

could you also suggest a good workshop that will carryout very good workmaship to dismantle and fix the turbo..

am very fussy and looking for a very very good workshop that provides excellent workmanship...

please feel free to suggest

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
as suggested by ixeo, famous workshop.. tong turbo. not cheap though. but good work, as they are the expert.

satria81

500 RPM
Sep 19, 2005
PETALING JAYA
as suggested by ixeo, famous workshop.. tong turbo. not cheap though. but good work, as they are the expert.

thanks kenyeang,

will tong turbo remove and reinstall the turbine from my car ? are they like a workshop..

pardon me as i am not aware

Last edited:

satria81

500 RPM
Sep 19, 2005
PETALING JAYA
alternatively go to speedspin
thanks danzeterna,

where is speedspin, they do a neat job ?

---------- Post added at 10:02 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:59 PM ----------

I think you need to remove the turbo unit for them to repair...
vr2turbo,

thats the thing i was concerned; i felt too that tong turbo does not dismantle the turbine..

getting a workshop to dismantle the turbine and send it to tong turbo would be another issue..

peterj

1,000 RPM
Apr 27, 2010
Kuching
nvr experience tong turbo but speedspin done quite good job, i am from sarawak, pos laju my bb gt2540 for them to service and they pos laju back to me.... good workmanship for me... they are very friendly though, ask them any service u need.. https://www.facebook.com/speedspinturbo?fref=ts

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
vr2turbo,

thats the thing i was concerned; i felt too that tong turbo does not dismantle the turbine..

getting a workshop to dismantle the turbine and send it to tong turbo would be another issue..
I had problem with my TD-05. Shaft loose and leaking oil into exhaust and smoke like fogging mosquitoes...haha :biggrin:
My mechanic dismantle and I took it to Turbo Tong. Upon further checking found the casing cracked too, so I went and source a chop unit instead.....:rolleyes:

pangyau

1,000 RPM
Oct 17, 2009
Malaysia
satria81,
I've been to SpeedSpin Turbo workshop.
They seems capable to rebuild any type of turbo base on your requirement.
Or they could suggest on something as they also experience in many ways.

Cost of rebuild seems reasonable and good quality hand works.

Give him a call: Bebolagalas ++019-243-4600

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

sifu, just to ask as i am driving a honde integra DA7 1.6..my problem is after driving for half an hour,under the car will get very hot till i can feel inside(such as touching the gear knob,everything on the floor in the middle) try replacing the exhaust still the same..currently 2 inch all the way..when stop get down to touch the exhaust tip, can cook eggs on top liow...my questions is that normal for exhaust to get very hot?or is it other thing?thanks!
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience