evo 7 or subaru v7 spec c?

bollinger

Jul 6, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
hi guys, I went to see some evo 7 and subaru v7. I really don't know which one to get. the evo 7 seems decent in terms of maintenance and reliability. but the scoobie spec c fits comfortably into my budget. but the spec c has a 2.2stroker kit in it and some mod the problem is that I'm afraid the maintenance of subaru might kill me cuz I plan to use it as daily car. please advice if I shed go for the evo 7 or the subaru.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Personally don't like the v7 bug eye look at all, so hands down Evo 7 if I were you, especially if the bug eye is already modified like that. For daily driven car, std ones are usually better/easier & cheaper to maintain.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
wah both very different car. buy the one you like? standard form evo has always been faster. plus so heavily modified, you gotta ask yourself is it what you want? if you plan to modify the car, then better just take the spec C..but before that.. might want to check the history of the car and condition of it..

bollinger

Jul 6, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
condition seems ok. but I'm just worried bout the stroker kit dunno if the previous owner enlarge the piston or not. scared the block cannot tahan

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
find out which workshop did the job, call them and find out :)

Last edited:

calvin9683

Jul 5, 2004
JB
Izzit a normal spec C or a S202??? I bought my e7 last yr aug.. Then accompany a fren to test a v7 sti n another fren bought a S202... I feel both the V7 r much more powerful than my E7 in stock form... The V7 STi even still in stock exhaust...
N generally the V7 is cheaper than E7... Might even get a newer V7 at a lower price than E7...
But wat to do... I'm an evo fans...

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
the spec C or s202 should be better than E7, it has a rigid & lighter chasis...if not mistaken
the spec c is using alluminium roof.....not sure myself...or its the spec C RA...?

but for me, no matter wat id still go for E7 like calvin :rofl:

Dayline668

1,500 RPM
Aug 4, 2007
KL
Most ppl dun know about subaru boxer engine well, their piston is horizontal opposed, more balanced n low center of gravity, but bcos of that gravity will make the block bore oval over long mileage, say 100k depend how u drive n maintain it(some can go 300k well maintain), then when u overhaul the engine, only can bore bigger(stock piston have bigger size option, resleeve block too expensive but more reliable) That y u c most subaru is stroked. A 2.2 is oversize piston with 2.5 crank(normal oversize is 2.1 only), so liability is not an issue if not very high boost(over 1.5bar) for daily driven, must maintain well with full syn oil n properly warm up b4 high rev. hope this help on your choosing your ride.

Any spec up from normal STi is lighter n faster... Try to find where the car was maintain b4 n get all the info that u can get b4 decide, if no record better not risk it.

FYI.. i bought my subaru in 2.2 also, all i can say is "POWER":love:

calvin9683

Jul 5, 2004
JB
the spec C or s202 should be better than E7, it has a rigid & lighter chasis...if not mistaken
the spec c is using alluminium roof.....not sure myself...or its the spec C RA...?

but for me, no matter wat id still go for E7 like calvin :rofl:
Bro.. Even the stock V7 STi is more powerful la... Response is good (top mount IC)... power was quite raw (the S202 is much more raw n pull is damn addictive)...
Y am I so in love wif evo??? If not could've just get the scubbie.. Lolz

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Bro.. Even the stock V7 STi is more powerful la... Response is good (top mount IC)... power was quite raw (the S202 is much more raw n pull is damn addictive)...
Y am I so in love wif evo??? If not could've just get the scubbie.. Lolz
Not really. If you look at most head-to-head tests, acceleration is still pretty even but cornering goes to Evo most of the time, so Evo mostly achieves better lap times than STI. That's why I also prefer Evo than STI. Some more I like the look of Evos better with exception of the Evo X (which I don't like at all) and 22B STI (which I like very much).

bollinger

Jul 6, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
guys I bought the spec c prodrive. couldn't decide until I drove it. lol compare to the other evos and v8, I felt a special connection to this spec c

---------- Post added at 01:31 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:18 AM ----------

Most ppl dun know about subaru boxer engine well, their piston is horizontal opposed, more balanced n low center of gravity, but bcos of that gravity will make the block bore oval over long mileage, say 100k depend how u drive n maintain it(some can go 300k well maintain), then when u overhaul the engine, only can bore bigger(stock piston have bigger size option, resleeve block too expensive but more reliable) That y u c most subaru is stroked. A 2.2 is oversize piston with 2.5 crank(normal oversize is 2.1 only), so liability is not an issue if not very high boost(over 1.5bar) for daily driven, must maintain well with full syn oil n properly warm up b4 high rev. hope this help on your choosing your ride.

Any spec up from normal STi is lighter n faster... Try to find where the car was maintain b4 n get all the info that u can get b4 decide, if no record better not risk it.

FYI.. i bought my subaru in 2.2 also, all i can say is "POWER":love:
up I checked the records the first owner bought new car and never mod then sold it to this guy name Oliver who spent some money nodding then sell to this guy Danny who spent more on replacing parts then to this malay owner who use it as a daily car spent rm 40k to retune and rebuild the engine with smaller turbo and settings for power and reliability with receipt as proof all this owners sell this car back to the same seller. the seller told me not to mod this car anymore just drive and maintain as its already tuned for the best setting for reliability by the previous owner. the previous owner sell back cuz playing 4x4. ask me to sell back to him if decided to change car and take good care of it lol. like seeing his daughter marry to me lol

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Xtreme Drift/ Drag Flywheels
  • Manufactured from billet Chromolybdenum
  • Available at or above the vehicle's standard flywheel mass
  • Ensures maximum torque throughout the RPM range
  • Designed to maintain engine's inertia while providing the security of an explosion-proof motorsport system
  • Most experienced drag racers and drifters recognize the need for a flywheel with increased mass
Visit
Syahz's FotoPage -...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience