EVo 7.5 GT-A

thrill_item

Known Member
Jul 3, 2007
seremban/johor
Garrett Turbos:

Garrett basically has two lines of turbos. The ancient, inefficient T series turbos and the new, modern, ball bearing GT series turbos.

T family has T22, T25, T3, T350, To4B, To4E, TS04, To4R ...These are 50 year old, WWII generation turbos.
The newer line of GT turbos are ball bearing on journal and thrust bearing. The turbine and compressor wheels are improvely aerodynamically to flow more air. GT20, GT22, GT25, GT30, GT35, GT40, GT45, GT50... GT turbos produce slightly more hp then older T series turbos with the same number designation. A GT Garrett turbine wheel wil flow more air than similar sized Greddy turbine wheel. Thus GT turbos are able to boost higher and flow more.

Turbonetics and many domestic makers turbos based on T series turbos. A T3/To4E 60 T .63A/R is a hybrid turbo with T3 turbine, To4E compressor, 60 Trim compressor wheel and .63 A/R turbine housing.

Wheel "trim" refers to the squared ratio of the smaller diameter divided by the larger diameter times 100. Generally, the larger the trim number the more flow the wheel has.

For compressor wheels , larger trim tends to mean slightly lower efficiency.

For "families" of turbine wheels (those with the same inducer diameter), larger trim usually means better flow with less backpressure but longer spool time.

A/R is a ratio of the exhaust discharge area vs the distance from the center of turbine wheel to the center of the cross sectional area. Smaller A/R housing has faster spool up. Bigger A/R housing has less back pressure, more flow for the top end.

The so called "T-series': T60, T61, T66, T70, T72, T76... are T4 turbos as well. The number means the compressor inducer size. ie: T76 means it has 76mm compressor inducer.

HKS uses Garrett turbos. HKS GT series turbos use Garrett GT's turbine with GT's compressor.

For example, HKS GT 2835 is GT28 turbine with GT35 52 trim compressor.

The newer line of Garrett GT-R turbos are hybrid turbos. For example, GT30R is a hybrid of GT30 turbine mated to 56 trim GT37 compressor.

ahlim13

Oct 9, 2006
im planning to get evo 7 gta auto...do removing the 4wd system will give some better FC?
No..
tuning is more important and much improve.
Ori evo7 gta was only selling in japan.. their ecu fuel mapping is not suitable for our country shitty ron95 n ron97.. must retune or do reflash. Can get more power back and better FC.
I'm a gta owner.

p3jal

1,000 RPM
Jan 20, 2007
Selangor
im planning to get evo 7 gta auto...do removing the 4wd system will give some better FC?
for what removing the 4wd system? just waste money if u wanna remove , and then soon or later u sure regret. better don remove the 4wd system.if wanna better fc don buy evo lo bro.evo sure high fc punya.because the engine , performance lor. 4wd la syiok.org mau 4wd , u wanna 2wd evo apa la =D jangan marah. its wasted if u buy evo n remove the 4wd system

Jan 22, 2007
Kota Kinabalu
thank you ahlim13 for the clearer view of 1st hand evo gta owner....so tuning is the answer since some says 4wd system do and effect the FC outcome...well some just to emotional to answer......anyway....i'm not saying that i'm going to remove the 4wd system....tq p3jal for the usefull info

---------- Post added at 07:25 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:15 PM ----------

anyway average l/km for yr lancer gta ahlim after retune?around 8l/km?

Last edited:

Waiora_ProTuner

500 RPM
Nov 29, 2006
No..
tuning is more important and much improve.
Ori evo7 gta was only selling in japan.. their ecu fuel mapping is not suitable for our country shitty ron95 n ron97.. must retune or do reflash. Can get more power back and better FC.
I'm a gta owner.
In Japan they use what RON ah sir?

p3jal

1,000 RPM
Jan 20, 2007
Selangor
Marah meh? Fc evo more higher even run in std engine.from my e6 to e7 same also.

pangyau

1,000 RPM
Oct 17, 2009
Malaysia
guest,
Are u in KK? Which GTA are you looking...?
Full tank you may clock around 350km (relax-relax driving)
Cost of removing the 4WD are expensive, much better to install aftermarket ECU.
Tuned up and use RON95 all the way... worth it...

kaninbu

500 RPM
Dec 2, 2008
KL
hi,no fragile gearbox only un-maintain gearbox..if u r looking for evo,dun ask f/c. maintainance wise like a normal 2l car.

ahlim13

Oct 9, 2006
thank you ahlim13 for the clearer view of 1st hand evo gta owner....so tuning is the answer since some says 4wd system do and effect the FC outcome...well some just to emotional to answer......anyway....i'm not saying that i'm going to remove the 4wd system....tq p3jal for the usefull info

---------- Post added at 07:25 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:15 PM ----------

anyway average l/km for yr lancer gta ahlim after retune?around 8l/km?
u mean 8km per litre, rite? 8 litre per km is gonna kill me..
I don't know for stock condition.
my car was lightly modded when i bought.
its 10 years old car with 160k mileage.
(before retune) full tank ron97 i only get 100-150km.. i might get better fuel mileage if drive as fast as nissan sunny..

Retuned with ecutek (stock turbo) - full tank ron97 can reach 200-300km (depends on my foot)..
but again.. my car was modded condition. I'm more surprise at many power gained with retune.

p/s
if u gonna get evo7gta.. i would worry more at the car condition
Mostly GTA selling are having problem recently.. i helped my friend to look at last few month..

from last year until now.. i really learnt a lot GTA things.
Most value information about GTA is not come from google.
Added few e7gta australian to share some experience and info.. such as gearbox weakness and overhaul it with what kit or compatible part.

This autobox is fragile.. mitsubishi knew the problem and didn't recall all the units when selling in Japan.. gearbox needs to be rebuild/overhaul even its for stock power.. if anyone hasn't break yet.. u r lucky or that broken spring shave just hit filter. .. .. or i'm daily driver which is aggressive driving style? XD

Last edited:

Jan 22, 2007
Kota Kinabalu
ohh thanks guys for the info......pangyau yes im at kk.......there is only 1 gta on sale in kk....the white 1 at putatan...rm98k....need to do auto since my wife drives auto trans...im quiting honda...hahah

pangyau

1,000 RPM
Oct 17, 2009
Malaysia
guest,
I saw a black GTA unit sometime back then at Kelombong area.
Evo is good car with slight higher maintenance especially reaching 10 years old.
The unit at Putatan, come with E9 bodykit?

welcome to the community & may joint our "lepak" once awhile in KK.

Hannafi

Aug 20, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
hi guest...i'm also driving a GT-A.. if you're looking to buy 1 it would be a good idea to bring along some 1 who knows a lot about evos or a mechanic. check it thoroughly first :biggrin:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

http://i1093.photobucket.com/albums/i436/homelymadmad/MG_1586-_zps3aaad613.jpg
My friend all are talking about asian le mans... I love car but I love pretty gals even more..:P

Just found out some website link that helps you with this.. Asian Le Mans Series
how much you know about asian le mans... do you know which company is sponsoring tyres for this competition
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience