EVo 7.5 GT-A

eujin

1,000 RPM
Jul 10, 2005
wajaland
Hi Guys,

im getting a evo 7.5 GT-A stock used.

May i know the reliability, the things i nid to look after, mantenance and fuel consumption...thanks

is the auto gearbox fragile???

Thanks guys...

eejart

Known Member
Feb 2, 2006
congrats! getting the one from ZTH marketplace? make sure you do a full lube change once you get it, and keep servicing it on time with the right oil. FC of our cars (I drive a 7) are quite humble as long as you keep your foot light, but then again, will it still be an Evo if it's not trashed? :D

despite all that, the world of ownership for this machine will not let you down. all the best!

pangyau

1,000 RPM
Oct 17, 2009
Malaysia
Hello eujin,

Welcome to the E world :wavey:

Base on your Q:

Reliability: Since your ride is automatic gearbox, have to be careful due to part availability. But still you can blast till max (speed cut limit) slowly. install boost controller, meters & oil cooler

The things you need to look after: check your AYC, all suspension, bush, bearings, water pumps, tensioner, cable, hoses, check lights, turbo or basically all item in engine section, checking using MUT II also to find any problem (if any).

Maintenance: 1st day, change all wear & tear such as timing belt, balancer belt, water belt, AYC oil, gearbox oil, LSD oil, coolant, plugs, battery, water pump, Tyre, brake fluids, brake pads

fuel consumption: base on my friend (he also use E7 GTA stock mod), fuel capacity approximately 40liter could only last 250km without blast (only town area).

I did all the checking + changing when I get the E.... expensive oooo.....

Happy riding....:driver:

eujin

1,000 RPM
Jul 10, 2005
wajaland
Thanks guys...nt the 1 in zth...there is 1 in ipoh...stock everything just done up 31k millage...01 model registered 05...

it seems alot to learn frm u guys...thanks alot..MLOC rocks..!!!

---------- Post added at 08:16 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:14 AM ----------

congrats! getting the one from ZTH marketplace? make sure you do a full lube change once you get it, and keep servicing it on time with the right oil. FC of our cars (I drive a 7) are quite humble as long as you keep your foot light, but then again, will it still be an Evo if it's not trashed? :D

despite all that, the world of ownership for this machine will not let you down. all the best!
hahha...i agree with ur statement...it wont be an evo if i dun trash it...thn wats the point of getting it..hahahha.......jst wana know daily drive wats the millage i would be expecting..if higher thn tht.. i might get a mech to check it...

Thanks

---------- Post added at 08:20 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:16 AM ----------

Hello eujin,

Welcome to the E world :wavey:

Base on your Q:

Reliability: Since your ride is automatic gearbox, have to be careful due to part availability. But still you can blast till max (speed cut limit) slowly. install boost controller, meters & oil cooler

The things you need to look after: check your AYC, all suspension, bush, bearings, water pumps, tensioner, cable, hoses, check lights, turbo or basically all item in engine section, checking using MUT II also to find any problem (if any).

Maintenance: 1st day, change all wear & tear such as timing belt, balancer belt, water belt, AYC oil, gearbox oil, LSD oil, coolant, plugs, battery, water pump, Tyre, brake fluids, brake pads

fuel consumption: base on my friend (he also use E7 GTA stock mod), fuel capacity approximately 40liter could only last 250km without blast (only town area).

I did all the checking + changing when I get the E.... expensive oooo.....

Happy riding....:driver:

thanks my checklist rite there...all seems ok.....the car is stock..not even a BOV is install.....thanks anyway....i most scared is the gearbox..it seem invec II pretty fragile

eejart

Known Member
Feb 2, 2006
wow! that's crazy! I still can get about 300km+/- on full tank if I drive off boost after recently changing to Motul 4100 (actually dont know if got relation or not la, just happen to change this :P) but once I went for track day, and the end result after much trashing I only got 50km (10-12 laps + rounding here and there?) for half tank!

Stormvolution 9

3,000 RPM
Jun 18, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
If possible, get an oil cooler for the tranny in order to protect the gears n the oil!!! Then must use good quality tranny oil too, as it will save u lotsa trouble... By adding oil cooler and using good tranny oil, it will prolong the wear n tear period...

As for fuel consumption, by adding a after market ECU might help reducing it... Make sure u communicate with yr tuner on this, as u r aiming for fuel consumption n not onli giong for high HP from the tuning... They r able to do it... Cos normally a stock Evo, the fuel being used/set r much higher, thus to protect any hipcup!!!

Yeah, besides all the above mentioned, the 4WD gearbox oil change oso very important... Like the AYC n stuffs...

Cheerz and have great fun with yr EVO GTA ya~~~ ^.-

kawamx2

Known Member
Jan 8, 2009
eujin, my friend just got a GT-A 7.5 and he first put a Apexi RSM to un-cut the engine and turbo timer ( Good), then he add boost controller ( need to weld the manifort ) add Air fuel regulator and it is a bad ideal as the engine check light also come out.
when he want to turn it back to stock, due to welding, he need to replace the turbo and the boost controller can not be use too. we dont know where went wrong but if it is GT-A, i prefer to keep it stock, my E7 i just add meter, exhaust, suspension plus some minor items and keep the engine stock and i am happy with it ( we not racer mah, why need a monster for?)
hope you enjoy your E!!

eujin

1,000 RPM
Jul 10, 2005
wajaland
wow! that's crazy! I still can get about 300km+/- on full tank if I drive off boost after recently changing to Motul 4100 (actually dont know if got relation or not la, just happen to change this :P) but once I went for track day, and the end result after much trashing I only got 50km (10-12 laps + rounding here and there?) for half tank!

as far as i know...all evo is famous for drinking petrol once u trash it...but can be humble if u gentle feather on ur throttle....hahaha....lets hope my foot is light....

---------- Post added at 02:39 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:37 AM ----------

If possible, get an oil cooler for the tranny in order to protect the gears n the oil!!! Then must use good quality tranny oil too, as it will save u lotsa trouble... By adding oil cooler and using good tranny oil, it will prolong the wear n tear period...

As for fuel consumption, by adding a after market ECU might help reducing it... Make sure u communicate with yr tuner on this, as u r aiming for fuel consumption n not onli giong for high HP from the tuning... They r able to do it... Cos normally a stock Evo, the fuel being used/set r much higher, thus to protect any hipcup!!!

Yeah, besides all the above mentioned, the 4WD gearbox oil change oso very important... Like the AYC n stuffs...

Cheerz and have great fun with yr EVO GTA ya~~~ ^.-

yah...thts my plan..to get a aftermarket oil cooler.......thanks for ur advise....

---------- Post added at 02:42 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:39 AM ----------

eujin, my friend just got a GT-A 7.5 and he first put a Apexi RSM to un-cut the engine and turbo timer ( Good), then he add boost controller ( need to weld the manifort ) add Air fuel regulator and it is a bad ideal as the engine check light also come out.
when he want to turn it back to stock, due to welding, he need to replace the turbo and the boost controller can not be use too. we dont know where went wrong but if it is GT-A, i prefer to keep it stock, my E7 i just add meter, exhaust, suspension plus some minor items and keep the engine stock and i am happy with it ( we not racer mah, why need a monster for?)
hope you enjoy your E!!

hahha...i guess we have the same mind.....i like my engine being stock..to save any future probs...mayb some minor mods like air filter, hks muffler, spark plugs, adjustable abs, advan racing rims, oil cooler...i guess thts it....

H22-C

500 RPM
Jul 23, 2007
for my Evo8MR (manual), at town area, including short distance highway, boost or without boost giving me the same fuel consumption = 40 Liter for 250km (RM0.30/Liter at RM1.92/L).

i believe Air-Trek turbo, Caldina turbo, and Evo7-GTA having almost similar fuel consumption = 40 Liter for 190km (RM0.40/Liter at RM1.92/L)

pangyau

1,000 RPM
Oct 17, 2009
Malaysia
for my Evo8MR (manual), at town area, including short distance highway, boost or without boost giving me the same fuel consumption = 40 Liter for 250km (RM0.30/Liter at RM1.92/L).
Wah bro,

Sure you ride is monster + fully modded stuff...

My super stock ride (similar like yours) consuming 50L = Approx RM100 full tank.
I manage to clock around 300km town area (approx. 4 days)
But tried once for long distance, full tanks manage to clock up to 400km.

info: road condition bumpy+pot hole, single lane, blast only when to overtake.

tips: drive easy to save fuel & earth...

Last edited:

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
Similar engined and tranny car, I am using Airtrek Turbo with very little mods. KNN drop in, iridium plugs, de-catted, boost controller (up boost from 0.6 to 1.1 bar), HKS BOV and stainless steel intercooler pipings. It's riding on 18" rims with 225/40 R18. I left the tranny on D most of the time and do a bit of spirited driving about 30% of the time. I am getting an everage of 6.3km/L which is about 240km/40L.

kawamx2

Known Member
Jan 8, 2009
my E 7 same lah, blast all the way, 40L only get 150 km, mixed is 230km and in high way not blasting is 350km. so beside watching the boost meter, i alway look at petrol meter too...:rofl:

leslie

2,000 RPM
Aug 14, 2004
it all depends on your foot.. hehehehe

PabloIceman

3,000 RPM
Apr 22, 2006
it all depends on your foot.. hehehehe
Leslie, dun bluff people laaa ... Your car fuel throttle only have 2 positions only ... foot position off for stop/stopping condition and pedal to the metal condition .... :adore::thefinger::rofl:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Everyone seems to like it but i see it as just another proton with a different name. IMO i dont think that Persona is going to sell successfully, just as the proton canselor ( or how do you spell this ). I was hoping to see another model completely. I havent seen it in real life yet so i cant quite judge, but still i have only seen a canselor once since its launch. anyone seen a canselor more than once on the roads?
i saw twice , one at manjalara...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience