ER34 Speed Sensor Fault

australiankid

Known Member
Oct 7, 2005
Dear Sifus,

I am a newbie here my car is a 4 door skyline auto converted to manual my check engine light turns on. My local workshop here does not know how too go about it as he said is the Speed Sensor Fault which is diagnosed from his computer. My speedmeter is working but when plug his computer when driven there it is written '0'km/h on his computer.. What could it be?

---------- Post added 04-21-2011 at 12:08 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was 04-20-2011 at 10:27 PM ----------

maybe recommand me a good workshop... which might be able too solve my problem

kaminari

1,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
Taiping
CONSULT should read accurate faulty reading. There are few speed sensor on the car,
ABS/speed sensor on 4 tyre also 1 of them, this also will trigger another faulty code HICAS error. Your speedometer getting reading from different sensor which located at Trans box (speed sensor).

australiankid

Known Member
Oct 7, 2005
I will check with my workshop on saturday what is the actual fault reading. Now it does not trigger the HICAS error. He told me saying that there is no speed reading in the ECU which is always stated '0'kmh on this OBD

kaminari

1,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
Taiping
Since your car is converted from Auto to manual, there might possibility the wireman directly connected the sensor to speedometer instead go to your current ECU.
The auto car have Auto trans ECU then later the signal will re-route to main ECU & speedometer.Try check your wiring. OBD socket only functioning if using original ECU (AUTO). You might also check voltage directly on ECU pin instead of OBD socket.

australiankid

Known Member
Oct 7, 2005
huhu thats the problem i don't know how too check the voltage directly on the ECU becoz i dunno which wire becoz i am not a mechanic sob sob.... any recommandation of workshop that i could go if possible somewhere around perak if not kl...

just wanna check if i get a manual ecu do u think i can solve this problem.

cosmicgate

Known Member
Oct 14, 2005
huhu thats the problem i don't know how too check the voltage directly on the ECU becoz i dunno which wire becoz i am not a mechanic sob sob.... any recommandation of workshop that i could go if possible somewhere around perak if not kl...

just wanna check if i get a manual ecu do u think i can solve this problem.
Go google for RB25 ecu pin out diagram, if i am not mistaken it should be pin 53 on your stock ECU. If you know that your engine is running okay, i would just ground pin 32 and 33 just to shut up that engine check light on the dashboard, but not recommended lah.

this is how you use a multimeter, aka a device on how to check on voltage:

1)get a multimeter. A multimeter comes with 2 probes colored black and red respectively. Black is for negative or it can be ground. Red is the positive terminal.
2)Depends on what you are measuring, normally what one does is put the black probe to a ground source. A ground source can be anything from a bolt nut locally in your engine or the chasis of your car. The red probe, aka as the positive probe is the probe you use to measure whichever wire or component that you are interested to measure.

3)before you measure it is important that you set the range of the voltage accordingly in your multimeter. To measure ecu readings, set your scale to DC (aka direct current) with the range of at least 12V and more on your multimeter. If you are a complete newbie, just set the scale to 100V just to be safe. (You do not need to set the scale range if you are using a digital multimeter, but please note that a mechanical multimeter is always better than an digital multimeter based on my personal preference, much like how an analog boost gauge compare to digital boost gauge)

and there you go, how to measure ecu voltage basics :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

So the latest Perak plate now is AKM XXXX

but i just saw ASH X in bangsar...

shouldnt ASH come after AKM?

or kerabat can just pick and choose regardless of plate already open for tender or not?:confused:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience