ER34 GTT Please Help!

piggyracer

Known Member
Aug 21, 2005
PJ
To all the gurus out there! I'm new here and this is my first posting.
I'm going to buy my ER34 GTT tomorrow (closing the deal). But I have not done any research on this car. I would really appreciate any info in terms of maintenance, car review, faults, problems or things to look out for. Basically pros and cons. I like this car a lot but would still want to know if I'm making a right choice. Initially I was thinking of buying an evo7 but was told that maintenance is high and that its less reliable. I don't mean to offend any of the evo owners
I don't plan to modify the skyline a lot but just some basic stuff. So if any of you see this posting, please reply.
Thank you all in advance. Much appreciated.

ps I actually posted this yesterday but in the wrong forum. So I'm posting it here now :-)

ManR34

Known Member
Jul 11, 2005
KL
welcome to skyline club mate....

u won't regret it mate....RWD turbo...what more can u want?

all turbo cars are high maintanance....dun get an evo mate....u wanna become another ah beng evo driver? :D heeheheh

u gonna need spend lots...but if u can afford one obviously maintanance not an issue for u...

if u need help just pm me! in terms of modifying or whatever related to r34...cos i am oso in process modding my r34 oso...

take care and goodluck!

akagilll3

Aug 20, 2005
malaysia, ktn
i'm new too.

piggyracer said:
To all the gurus out there! I'm new here and this is my first posting.
I'm going to buy my ER34 GTT tomorrow (closing the deal). But I have not done any research on this car. I would really appreciate any info in terms of maintenance, car review, faults, problems or things to look out for. Basically pros and cons. I like this car a lot but would still want to know if I'm making a right choice. Initially I was thinking of buying an evo7 but was told that maintenance is high and that its less reliable. I don't mean to offend any of the evo owners
I don't plan to modify the skyline a lot but just some basic stuff. So if any of you see this posting, please reply.
Thank you all in advance. Much appreciated.

ps I actually posted this yesterday but in the wrong forum. So I'm posting it here now :-)
hi, i just bought a ER34, hope you can share information with me.

piggyracer

Known Member
Aug 21, 2005
PJ
ManR34 said:
welcome to skyline club mate....

u won't regret it mate....RWD turbo...what more can u want?

all turbo cars are high maintanance....dun get an evo mate....u wanna become another ah beng evo driver? :D heeheheh

u gonna need spend lots...but if u can afford one obviously maintanance not an issue for u...

if u need help just pm me! in terms of modifying or whatever related to r34...cos i am oso in process modding my r34 oso...

take care and goodluck!
Thanks. Will PM you for sure :-D

KonG3286

Known Member
Nov 14, 2003
I thought u might offended evo owners by saying ah beng evo driver... Evo is a good car wut, dun step on people tail... cheers :)

ManR34

Known Member
Jul 11, 2005
KL
KonG3286 said:
I thought u might offended evo owners by saying ah beng evo driver... Evo is a good car wut, dun step on people tail... cheers :)
hehe yups evo is a great car...i oso own one :D
but until i came to malaysia, i didn't know evo are such an 'ah beng' styled car!...what happened to the subies? or silvias or skylines for that matter....its either u got a proton or an evo :D

satigue

Known Member
Apr 21, 2005
piggyracer,

may i ask how much u bought yr car & from where? i m also kinda interested to get a R34 GTT. thanks bro.

Kaizan76

Nov 22, 2004
hi there....i am a newbie here......now trying to sell my 1 year old
celica and planning to get a R34 asap...........

what about fuel consumption and maintenance for a R34??

ManR34

Known Member
Jul 11, 2005
KL
Kaizan76 said:
hi there....i am a newbie here......now trying to sell my 1 year old
celica and planning to get a R34 asap...........

what about fuel consumption and maintenance for a R34??
fuel consumption? it all depends on how heavy ur feet is....remmember its a 2.5L 6 cyclinders engine....it aint ur 2.0L 4 cyclinders celica or even close to ur local 1.5L proton engines.....somemore its turbochargered....somemore once u moddifiy it, get ready to spend alot of times refuelling :D

basically dun even think about saving fuel economy....having turbo cars is not about saving fuel pples,,,its about giving ur car MORE fuel so that u dun blow up ur engine...running rich is always better than running lean on turbocharged cars....

for maintanance: every 5000K pls do it...full sync oil and stock nissan oil filter is all needed...thats all....simple...

goodluck!

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

evo lsd gearbox (semi race gearbox)
evo 2 halfcut complete with petrol tank selling cheap
240 km evo meter
FULL BLAST evo comp FOR SELL
ADVAN RC rim 4 hole 16 inch pcd 114.3 fit for evo
evo 3 intercoolerfit for 1.8 turbo
Mit evo 3 TD05 turbine
Trust wastegate from japan not Thailand
ARC intercooler for evo 1,2,3 (better response than original)
Cusco 4-2-1 extractor for mives
evo 2 whole car for sale from chop shop
Honda EK4 APP oilcooler with steel braided hole
Evo 2 front...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience