Engine oil getting lesser

simplythebest

1,500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
Selangor
Hey,

Two days ago, brought my car to the workshop I regularly visit for servicing. Notice that the engine oil is getting lesser, as what the mech told me.

Surprisingly, i don't see white smoke, except in the morning (Normal case).

I was told to change the piston or piston rings and do a overhaul.

I'm seeking the cost for the above, piston and overhaul. Let me know.

Thanks. :cool:

firasparK

Known Member
Apr 15, 2006
Kuala Lumpur
im having the same problem. my mech quoted me RM950. (includes changing the piston rings, valve seal and few more other stuff)
but he suggested that i should just change the whole engine, which is what i am doing.

anyway, if ur exhaust isn't blowing out white smoke everytime u rev it shouldn't be ur piston rings problem gua...

hope this helps :x

Last edited:

simplythebest

1,500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
Selangor
Yo there,

Same here, not going to overhaul the engine, is a retarded 1.3 engine.

Actually, my mech advise me to drive at moderate speed from now onwards, the engine condition is still ok, just that don't drive too harsh, like whack 6K RPM all the time.

Mileage only 88,000 km's.

Your engine oil getting lesser too? I change my engine oil every 4,000 km's now.

firasparK

Known Member
Apr 15, 2006
Kuala Lumpur
yes... if u don't rev ur engine unnecessarily then it should be fine.

mine is dropping kinda rapidly.
every morn. i check it juz incase i need to refill coz i haf an extra bottle at home.. i reckon u should do that too. =p

i'm gonna go get my new engine tomorrow anyway so i guess i don't have to worry no more :P ehhe..

Last edited:

mengz

500 RPM
Jan 15, 2005
so actually wats the reason for this happening? if its not valve seal leak, not piston ring leak, then where has the engine oil gone to?

firasparK

Known Member
Apr 15, 2006
Kuala Lumpur
im not too sure myself man.
don't know much about these stuff >_<

but from what i understand (or what it sounds like, at least) is that the piston rings are the ones that are causing the leak..

Last edited:

mengz

500 RPM
Jan 15, 2005
hmmm..maybe mild leak??? coz my engine is having similiar problem, not only mine actually a few of my frens using the same engine is having similiar problems. my mech said that actually can smell engine oil fumes from the exhaust but no visible smoke, and when he check the plugs it was ok.......sigh i think my engine probably need an overhaul soon, or maybe change engine...hmmmmm

gohkokeng

2,000 RPM
Feb 21, 2006
can i know what is an overhaul?

haha don flame me.....i am willing to learn from bottom

evo5229

2,000 RPM
Jul 11, 2005
KL/Kedah/Penang
as i know bro.....if u used air filter...then engine il will less.....im not very sure la...but and also u added ezso....if u modified sum thing in your car....then it will used some engine oil too......my mech told me dun used air filter....but may be im used the cheap 1 la....so original is good.....just my 2 cent...cherr

Fluffy

3,000 RPM
May 1, 2005
>>klang<<
there's no direct connection between the intake and exhaust with the engine lubricants.why shud the intake and exhaust cause engine oil to decrease???

firasparK

Known Member
Apr 15, 2006
Kuala Lumpur
gohkokeng said:
can i know what is an overhaul?

haha don flame me.....i am willing to learn from bottom
its alright, em overhaul meaning opening up ur engine to fix the inside parts.

evo5229 said:
as i know bro.....if u used air filter...then engine il will less.....im not very sure la...but and also u added ezso....if u modified sum thing in your car....then it will used some engine oil too......my mech told me dun used air filter....but may be im used the cheap 1 la....so original is good.....just my 2 cent...cherr
my car uses an air filter too, and i also heard the same thing as u did, engine oil gets less.

but the white smoke from my exhaust confirms that theres a problem.
previously i tried using different engine oils but it didn't help hehe..

so my my final decision was to change the dam engine =_=. after all its 10 years old =x so yeah...

Last edited:

gohkokeng

2,000 RPM
Feb 21, 2006
evo5229 said:
DO NOT USE AIR FILTER? lol......can? then how? remove the air filter totally?

open port or drop in all no need?

KCi

Jan 2, 2004
Hey guys,

My car had done full and complete overhaul to the engine due to torn timing belt. Before the engine was overhaul, the engine oil depleted in fast rates likes what you guys encounter now. At 1st, I thought overhauling the engine should solved my existing problems though no much choice for me since my engine needs complete overhaul after the timing belt is torn. But, what the heck, the engine oil still depleting in the same fashion but in slower rates. 1st few weeks still alright but then after I swapped back my performance cams into it, the engine oil started to deplete.

jombiee

500 RPM
Feb 7, 2005
Ghombau
When overhaul, do you check the cylinder got scratch or worn out, do you rebore or fix with new piston ring ? tell us in detail whats parts changed.
I faced this problem before but the culprit is a worn valve guides
I will go for a compression test. its a procedure the check wether its a valve guide or piston ring are leaking

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Guys, I'm still new to turbo things, so would like to seek some informative help here.

I'm driving a Frontier now and I'm not sure how much is the stock boost. But it can be obtain by installing a boost meter. That's not a problem.

I would like to know if i boost up by 0.3 bar. Do I need to do other enhancements to the engine ? Diesel engines are known to be tough and strong but dont want to risk blowing up the engine. Do i need to enhanced the fueling ? or cooling ? Will boost up gave...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience