Engine Block Overhaul !

D7zul

2,000 RPM
Feb 24, 2011
Shah Alam
engine block or total engine overhaul?

if only engine block, u can rebore.. just bring to foundry shop that have the machine..

if engine overhaul, need to grind valve, check if there's any abnormality on the engine head, piston ring etc..

Gudluck :burnout:

mines998

1,000 RPM
Dec 1, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
DanzEterna said:
the only thing u could do to the block is skimm & rebore it...
Both also need highly skill if anything wrong you will have big problem.

protonevo

Known Member
Feb 25, 2004
Selangor
www.zerotohundred.com
Well already sent my car for ICU ! the entire engine dismantle and change all worn parts. So decided to change Mivec piston and port and polish. Will update my total damage when is done on next week. Cross my finger to hope everything will go fine during Dyno.

BE5RSK

Known Member
Dec 31, 2009
Besaout
Sound like fully engine rebuild.

since the entire engine fully dismantled, perhaps you might want to change the engine bearing, check/replace the rods to stronger one, balance/counterweight the engine crankshaft, and change the engine studs to stronger one.

Do it once, and do it right (and completely) :biggrin:

mines998

1,000 RPM
Dec 1, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
BE5RSK said:
Sound like fully engine rebuild.

since the entire engine fully dismantled, perhaps you might want to change the engine bearing, check/replace the rods to stronger one, balance/counterweight the engine crankshaft, and change the engine studs to stronger one.

Do it once, and do it right (and completely) :biggrin:
Ya I agree make it right at 1 time. We not sure how is the engine condition before you go for full overhaul so it much depend yr pomen advice. Re-build engine not everyone can do it because it need experiance & skill to it.

protonevo

Known Member
Feb 25, 2004
Selangor
www.zerotohundred.com
Finally get back my car on yesterday after 1 month wait. Well still worth it ! total cost 4K+
- Port and Polish engine head
- Mivec 81mm piston
- KING bearing
- All others oil seals and gasket

Worth It !

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I'm looking for a manufacuturer of braided stainless steel lines and anodized connectors and fittings (Earls, Aeroquip). I would like to replace any hose; to include, vacuum hoses, radiator hoses, fuel lines, oil lines, basically anthing that can be replaced. Has anyone accomplished this before? If so, about what did it cost you and how did you know what you needed, how long, what thickness and so forth.

Forgot to mention, for 4G63T motor. Thanks in advance...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience