Elise Club Racer loses pounds, packs up for Geneva

Dinesh

500 RPM
Oct 13, 2006

The moment Lotus unveiled five all-new models that will spearhead their line-up in the next couple of years, the Lotus faithful were quick to notice the additional poundage that all the new models would be packing. Many of them were afraid that Lotus was losing sight on its mantra of ‘performance through lightweight.’

Lotus have quelled those claims by introducing the new Lotus Elise Club Racer that has shed a further 24kg from its already anorexic weight to produce a bump up in performance that would surely carve a smile on the face of even the most sceptic Lotus diehard.

So how exactly did Lotus minus weight from something that weighs next to nothing? It started with the Lotus engineers taking a bare-essentials approach by ditching noise insulation and using a motorsport-derived lightweight battery among other things.

The Elise Club Racer also marks the first time that an Elise variant comes from the factory with a Sport setting on the Dynamic Performance Management (DPM) that will allow even the less experienced Lotus drivers to feel like Robert Kubica while the track day regulars have the option of switching off the DPM completely.

The suspension has also been fine-tuned with an adjustable anti-roll bar further stiffening up the chassis. Only the best goes into producing one of the most pure sports cars on the planet, with Eibach springs and Bilstein dampers combining to give it the precise handling Lotus cars have been synonymous with.

Note the colour-coded seats that have been thinned to almost no padding in an effort to further reduce weight.

More details will be made available once the Elise Club Racer makes its debut at the Geneva Motor Show which is just around the corner at less than two weeks away.

Source: Lotus

Attachments

skazareth

Known Member
Feb 8, 2007
lots of diet pills consumed by this guy i might say.

HKS-GT2835R

1,000 RPM
Apr 25, 2004
kelate
Visit site
can reduce a lot more maa.
put these as options please :rofl:

- motorcycle-like number on flat black stickers for the number plate
- carbon side mirrors
- plexiglass windshield
- revised headlamp (plz refer to zonda's headlamp )

:rofl::rofl:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

i planing to change my engine form b16a to b18c
i am newbie too.... i duno what thing to do...
and how much with fully swaping ? my dolphin still full stock....

JPJ still aprove ppl changing engine?
any big dai kor can teach me ?:confused:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience