EG suspension

MiNiFans

Known Member
Aug 3, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
Hi to all pro,Im planning to change my civic EG suspension but I don't now what brand can I go for...
Can anyone recommend?

Q1) Should I go for Hard/Soft-Hi/Lo suspension or Hi/Lo is enough for me?

Q2) Will the Hi/Lo suspension too soft or too hard?

My budget around rm1.5k+- hopefully the lifespan of the suspension can last me 3-5years.

Hope to get some reply,Thank you

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
if ur looking for comfort... then stick to non adjustables...

if ur looking for handling and willing to sacrifice comfort then u should get adjustables...

but 1.5k wont buy u brand new hi-lo & softhard adjustables...only hi-lo....unless u buy used then can get hilo & sogft hard at that price.

cat77

3,000 RPM
May 5, 2006
with that budget i'll recommend dc2 type R suspension....

ddv_nk12

1,000 RPM
May 18, 2011
PD
then again, dont expect dc2 type r suspensions to perform like aftermarket suspensions. it gives u comfort for sure but not too much confidence when taking corners or at high speeds. i'm using dc2 type r suspensions now but thinking of going with aftermarket ones for better handling.

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
but i think a DC2-R suspension in an EG should be alright...considering the EG is lighter than a DC2.

only downside is... the car is gonna be high...hahaha

ddv_nk12

1,000 RPM
May 18, 2011
PD
oh yes, the height. easily its 4 fingers from tyre to wheel arch for my car. not sure bout eg though.

MiNiFans

Known Member
Aug 3, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
This is why I don't want to go to DC2R suspension.....I heard my mechanic said that quality of HWL doesn't really good...seriously I don't know what brand should I go to~

aalto

Known Member
Dec 31, 2004
you can get old used tein HA/HR cheap nowadays, send them for service (RM150-RM200 per piece if not mistaken).....and they'll last a least 4-5 years (even more if you dont run into any big potholes)...if you want to save a bit...just service the front abs. first.

pencalat

500 RPM
Nov 20, 2006
JB
This is why I don't want to go to DC2R suspension.....I heard my mechanic said that quality of HWL doesn't really good...seriously I don't know what brand should I go to~
myfren, 1st thing 1st it is good to get some info... whenever ur mechanic said hwl doesn't really good?? is he paying for u... just his opinion rite?? u can bought hwl,gab, titan, n what so ever coz this absorber is msian made n easy for u to service/repair after 2-4 years of usage.... don't be bother bout it... so many engineering shop can repair it....
as for me, 1st adj abs that i used is HWL into my dolphin... long last for 5 year without bocor....then manage to sell it in this zth forumer for rm800 (service n repair b4 sold it).... then bought tein....

set ur goal... if wanna get new or used one......

jut my opinion.... still can be discuss.....
:proud:
:proud:

MiNiFans

Known Member
Aug 3, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
Erm k,thanks for all the info and reply...u guys put money into my pocket again *cheer*
Really like to come to this section,coz I always learn...

Back to topic,after few days doing research,I'm still consider whether to get myself a set of 2nd hand HKS hi/lo OR go to BC suspension OR Cusco....need all the dai-gor and sifu help again

My requirement very easy-
1)Not bumpy
2)Good Quality
3)Height adjustable-at least not as high as my current EG which front looks like gonna to depart
4)Stable
5)Budget around rm2k
That's all Im asking,hopefully I can make it

Thank you

pencalat

500 RPM
Nov 20, 2006
JB
just plonk the merc absorber la myfren if u don't want bumpy bumpy... hehehe

pencalat

500 RPM
Nov 20, 2006
JB
haha.... ignore the passenger laaa... as long as u satisfied sudaaa....... unless la ur family naik... just heard their complaint n said ok ok... like me......