EG suspension

MiNiFans

Aug 3, 2009
Hi to all pro,Im planning to change my civic EG suspension but I don't now what brand can I go for...
Can anyone recommend?

Q1) Should I go for Hard/Soft-Hi/Lo suspension or Hi/Lo is enough for me?

Q2) Will the Hi/Lo suspension too soft or too hard?

My budget around rm1.5k+- hopefully the lifespan of the suspension can last me 3-5years.

Hope to get some reply,Thank you

mADmAN

if ur looking for comfort... then stick to non adjustables...

if ur looking for handling and willing to sacrifice comfort then u should get adjustables...

but 1.5k wont buy u brand new hi-lo & softhard adjustables...only hi-lo....unless u buy used then can get hilo & sogft hard at that price.

cat77

May 5, 2006
with that budget i'll recommend dc2 type R suspension....

ddv_nk12

May 18, 2011
PD
then again, dont expect dc2 type r suspensions to perform like aftermarket suspensions. it gives u comfort for sure but not too much confidence when taking corners or at high speeds. i'm using dc2 type r suspensions now but thinking of going with aftermarket ones for better handling.

mADmAN

but i think a DC2-R suspension in an EG should be alright...considering the EG is lighter than a DC2.

only downside is... the car is gonna be high...hahaha

ddv_nk12

May 18, 2011
PD
oh yes, the height. easily its 4 fingers from tyre to wheel arch for my car. not sure bout eg though.

MiNiFans

Aug 3, 2009
This is why I don't want to go to DC2R suspension.....I heard my mechanic said that quality of HWL doesn't really good...seriously I don't know what brand should I go to~

aalto

Dec 31, 2004
you can get old used tein HA/HR cheap nowadays, send them for service (RM150-RM200 per piece if not mistaken).....and they'll last a least 4-5 years (even more if you dont run into any big potholes)...if you want to save a bit...just service the front abs. first.

pencalat

Nov 20, 2006
This is why I don't want to go to DC2R suspension.....I heard my mechanic said that quality of HWL doesn't really good...seriously I don't know what brand should I go to~
myfren, 1st thing 1st it is good to get some info... whenever ur mechanic said hwl doesn't really good?? is he paying for u... just his opinion rite?? u can bought hwl,gab, titan, n what so ever coz this absorber is msian made n easy for u to service/repair after 2-4 years of usage.... don't be bother bout it... so many engineering shop can repair it....
as for me, 1st adj abs that i used is HWL into my dolphin... long last for 5 year without bocor....then manage to sell it in this zth forumer for rm800 (service n repair b4 sold it).... then bought tein....

set ur goal... if wanna get new or used one......

jut my opinion.... still can be discuss.....
:proud:
:proud:

MiNiFans

Aug 3, 2009
Erm k,thanks for all the info and reply...u guys put money into my pocket again *cheer*
Really like to come to this section,coz I always learn...

Back to topic,after few days doing research,I'm still consider whether to get myself a set of 2nd hand HKS hi/lo OR go to BC suspension OR Cusco....need all the dai-gor and sifu help again

My requirement very easy-
1)Not bumpy
2)Good Quality
3)Height adjustable-at least not as high as my current EG which front looks like gonna to depart
4)Stable
5)Budget around rm2k
That's all Im asking,hopefully I can make it

Thank you

pencalat

Nov 20, 2006
just plonk the merc absorber la myfren if u don't want bumpy bumpy... hehehe

pencalat

Nov 20, 2006
haha.... ignore the passenger laaa... as long as u satisfied sudaaa....... unless la ur family naik... just heard their complaint n said ok ok... like me......