Effect for SHORT piping exhaust?

afiq_farami

Known Member
Mar 28, 2009
Is there bad effect for making short exhaust system?. Means, the exhaust system are:

4-2-1 extractor --> "nenas" -> bullet straight flow --> straight flow muffler ( length: from engine till under back seat)

Need advise for this exhaust system...:adore::adore::adore::adore:

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
i have a friend whos been running that setup for years.. no issue at all.. healthy engine n very powerful too...

only downside i see is when trying to get it tuned... kinda susah to cucuk the a/f sensor heh

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
lost of torque,which gives u hard crisp acceleration
Lost of torque or lots or torque? Will the gains be more on high end or low end rpm? Mind to clarify bro?

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
there is a definite gain in the higher end,but there are questions dat shud be considered before deciding to go for a straight/shorter design

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
even a straight through system witout much comsideration will decrease d usable torque

arturo

nooB
Aug 5, 2004
SateCelupLand
i know a suzuki jimmny with a lift kit and its exhaust sticking out under the passenger door used for jungle fishing trips and its freaking loud. i guess he needs it to scare off the harimaus when fishing...

xtremeleo...i tot the concept was no exhaust at all is the optimum...all those piping are just to direct flow and reduce noise so shouldn't the logic be less piping = less restriction = less loss of power? i say less loss of power cos we're not adding power, just reducing loss of power.

papagoines

Orang Tua
Feb 6, 2006
Rawang/Selangor
from what I read, a good exhaust system should aid in scavenging exhaust gas out from the engine during the exhaust stroke... as fast and as much as possible...

My old foreman made an experiment on his rb20det volvo 240
  1. Open exhaust i.e. no pipes post turbo
  2. custom large downpipe + 2.5" exhaust pipe exiting at the front right tyre

he does not go to a dyno, but he said turbo spooled much faster when using method number 2

So IMHO, also applied on NA engine + a good designed exhaust extractor. Even there is no pipe after the extractor, the exhaust gas should move out freely...

my overly inflated 2 sen la

i know a suzuki jimmny with a lift kit and its exhaust sticking out under the passenger door used for jungle fishing trips and its freaking loud. i guess he needs it to scare off the harimaus when fishing...

xtremeleo...i tot the concept was no exhaust at all is the optimum...all those piping are just to direct flow and reduce noise so shouldn't the logic be less piping = less restriction = less loss of power? i say less loss of power cos we're not adding power, just reducing loss of power.

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
as simple example,my sflow muffler was snapped (i guess they pijak the poor thing to break its pipe off) and stolen one night.after dat d boost response is slower and i have to apply more throttle for it to haul the car weight,hence the fc is a tad higher now.there are more reasons i can give,but dat shud make a point for now,kan?

D7zul

2,000 RPM
Feb 24, 2011
Shah Alam
does any1 use this exhaust? :biggrin:

it's a pic from the bottom of a nascar monster

it's designed to eliminate backpressure.. thus making it a lot more powerful at high rpm.. but it's not drivable on the streets coz the low rpm power is extremely low..

but to get the most of both worlds.. u need to get something like this..

i'm using Arospeed brand.. and the feeling is awesome..

close the exhaust control valve for street legal driving..

and open it for racing :wink:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Massive Crowd On First Day Of KLIMS 2006,

KLIMS 2006 - Kuala Lumpur International Motorshow 2006

Photos: Wong SW
Words: KLIMS 2006

Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience