ECO Assist - Honda

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Incorrect. Nissan Leaf, emits nothing. Clarity is not exactly in the market, its just leased in the United States, not sure about Japan market. Nissan Leaf is being sold, and its "your car" instead of being leased.

I personally think Hybrids are stupid, its neither here nor there, and its merely a placeholder to sell more cars until battery technologies catch up to cover the distance.

Hybrids are like Netbooks in 2010, it was a placeholder until iPads & tablets came to the market. Now in 2013, netbooks are discontinued and the whole category is gone! But I guess manufacturers are selling Hybrids to test the batteries in the vehicles, and use the money made from Hybrids to fund R&D on batteries.

Likewise, right now Hybrids are around, but when battery catches up, there will be no need for Hybrids once EV can cover the distance!

Yes I can tell the future. Now accepting private appointments at RM100/minute, minimum consultation charge is 1 hour.
I agree. Hybrids are a waste of time. Except for those systems found on the Porsches.. those aren't for saving the earth, those are for the extra low end powaahhhh.. at least those fellas have the right sense of mind to not sell their cars as "green tech". It's bullshit.

The thing I hate about cars like the Leaf, is that they have such limited range. The only real electric car that's practical is the Volt. Since it's technically still a petrol charged electric car it has great mileage and emits close to nothing. Pity production is so bad and only comes in left hand drive. Saw the car up close and it's handsome!

BLaCkHoWLiNG

'(^^)|Most Awesome Member
Nov 14, 2003
PJ
www.autojunctions.com

That's Tesla.. ultimate electric car... ;)

Anyway... i've got some CRZ pics taken over last weekend - supercharged and another turbocharged... crazy mofo mods! ..coming up soon!!

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Tesla still have range issues. Fisker might probably go bankrupt if they cannot get insurance to pay for their hurricane sandy losses. Now apart from the Leaf from Japan, we haven't seen EV offerings from Honda and Toyota.

Maybe they are delaying the public launch of their EV since they making so much money from their Hybrids. Toyota has the passenger hybrid segment, and Honda has the sporty hybrid segment.

Turbocharging/Supercharging a CR-Z..what's so *GREEN* about it? Spend so much money to modify, why not just buy a faster car? Top Gear already proven a M3 will use less fuel than a Toyota Prius if its going flat out.

arturo

nooB
Aug 5, 2004
SateCelupLand
diesel range extenders are the future. they use any available bio-fuel and converts it to electricity which then turns it o electricity which then charges a bank of batteries which then turns a motor.

everything running at it's optimum potential. all renewable. as soon as they figure out a renewable battery source. ais limau kuprum anyone?

my opinions is that hybrids are just a marketing gimmick that made it thru. a lucky escape. if green energy is truly the purpose...y still stick with petroleum? y not oil burners? gas turbines burn anything that can burn n turn it into kinetic energy. y nothing on that? y so little exposure on range extenders? an oil burner turns an engine which ALWAYS runs at it's optimum RPM which charges a battery then turns off when the battery when full which then turns an electric motor which moves yr car. what is more ngam?

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
diesel range extenders are the future. they use any available bio-fuel and converts it to electricity which then turns it o electricity which then charges a bank of batteries which then turns a motor.

everything running at it's optimum potential. all renewable. as soon as they figure out a renewable battery source. ais limau kuprum anyone?

my opinions is that hybrids are just a marketing gimmick that made it thru. a lucky escape. if green energy is truly the purpose...y still stick with petroleum? y not oil burners? gas turbines burn anything that can burn n turn it into kinetic energy. y nothing on that? y so little exposure on range extenders? an oil burner turns an engine which ALWAYS runs at it's optimum RPM which charges a battery then turns off when the battery when full which then turns an electric motor which moves yr car. what is more ngam?
With the ongoing advancement of battery technology, pure electric cars like Tesla would make more sense than having an oil burner that generates electric. Due to less hardware in the car itself.

I mean, if you have a 600 mile range on one charge, you really don't need an oil burner in the car right?

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Try Fords Focus 1.0 Ecoboost. It's a 3-potter and higher MPG than the bigger 1.6 variant. But it's more powerful than the 1.6 so it looks like cars are becoming more efficient which is a good thing right?

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
To me, electric cars are not practical just yet. There are limited area to charge the car and
how much electric do we need to use to charge the car...Duration? Reliability? Convenience?

Unless everywhere there are place to charge the car. Even so, can it charge as quick as
pumping a petrol? or after traveling for a distance and power is low, got to charge at
home and cant go out until it is fully charge?

Still find hybrid cars makes more sense yet proven to saves fuel.

Using a lot of electricity itself to charge the car is definitely no environment friendly at all...

arturo

nooB
Aug 5, 2004
SateCelupLand
600km on a single charge is great...but having to wait another 3hours to get it fully charged back up is no fun.

IF they come up with a battery that can provide more than 400+ km range per charge and a recharge time of less than 5 minutes with charging stations aplenty...then the future is definitely electric.

a range extender is just an intermediary technology as it makes use of current petrol station infrastructure and current battery capabilities. but as i said...once batteries catch up to the above consumer requirements, then that would be the final nail in the coffin for petroleum powered cars...

i dunno but having an oil burning range extender makes me independent of the system. i can make my own oil and even recycle. If the world comes to an end...i could still get my vehicle to move as my source of energy can be self made.

i think Aston Martin created a turbine range extender once? a jet turbine can also burn any oil to create kinetic energy which is then converted to electric. very interesting.

ijnek

500 RPM
Aug 19, 2004
Johor Bahru
Visit site
hybrids...it's green to drive...but green to make? especially the batt....

i prefer the volks way of doing things...
we hv to burn petrol anyway, how abt makin the most efficiency out of it?
TC a small engine for the same power output as a bigger CC engine...u get more power and yet burn less petrol compare to the engine with the same power output...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

can someone teach me or help me on installing wira s.e bumper to wira sedan?? and the grill.. coz i install the grill, seen like "terkeluar" from the lamp..
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience