Easiest swap for a 2005 Lancer cs3a with a 4g18 engine and a Manual f5m411 gearbox

jay_lancer

Known Member
Aug 21, 2015
Thailand
I have a 2005 Lancer cs3a with a 4g18 engine and a Manual f5m411 gearbox.

I would like to know what engines use a block that would be compatible with my f5m411 manual gearbox and would give me a bit more power while retaining the same bellhousing, gearbox and clutch etc.

I have read the 4g9x engines maybe compatible with my gearbox but not the 4g6x engines, is that true?

A 4g92 MIVEC with 172bhp would be my first choice if this is the case, but a 4g93GDI with 148bhp or a 4g94GDI with 145bhp would be OK too.

I live in Thailand but I know you guys in Malaysia know alot about these engines because a lot of Proton models are mechanically similar to my Lancer.

I know where to get engines and halfcuts here but most of those have Automatic but I prefer to keep my manual gearbox.

There is no restrictions on putting older engines in newer car's here.

Because of the heat I would rather go for a N/A engine swap than a turbo on my existing engine. Also I like to keep my car fairly standard looking on the outside so don't want to mod the bumper for a FMIC.

Many thanks in advance for any help, advise or links to previous builds.

cheers

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
Re: Easiest swap for a 2005 Lancer cs3a with a 4g18 engine and a Manual f5m411 gearbo

I have a 2005 Lancer cs3a with a 4g18 engine and a Manual f5m411 gearbox.

I would like to know what engines use a block that would be compatible with my f5m411 manual gearbox and would give me a bit more power while retaining the same bellhousing, gearbox and clutch etc.

I have read the 4g9x engines maybe compatible with my gearbox but not the 4g6x engines, is that true?

A 4g92 MIVEC with 172bhp would be my first choice if this is the case, but a 4g93GDI with 148bhp or a 4g94GDI with 145bhp would be OK too.

I live in Thailand but I know you guys in Malaysia know alot about these engines because a lot of Proton models are mechanically similar to my Lancer.

I know where to get engines and halfcuts here but most of those have Automatic but I prefer to keep my manual gearbox.

There is no restrictions on putting older engines in newer car's here.

Because of the heat I would rather go for a N/A engine swap than a turbo on my existing engine. Also I like to keep my car fairly standard looking on the outside so don't want to mod the bumper for a FMIC.

Many thanks in advance for any help, advise or links to previous builds.

cheers

get the 4g93 GDI-T the best balance between fuel consumption and power increase...... and if not mistaken u still can maintain using your 4g18 manual gearbox.. (not 100% sure but u need to double check with your mechanic)

jay_lancer

Known Member
Aug 21, 2015
Thailand
Re: Easiest swap for a 2005 Lancer cs3a with a 4g18 engine and a Manual f5m411 gearbo

Many thanks for the reply :)

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Does anyone know where can I get original Ultra Racing bars in Penang or Kedah? and, anyone who have these bars, are you satisfied with ultra racing stuffs? or you have anything or any other brands to suggest to me? and how much these strut bars cost? I'm planning to install it in my BLM and Kenari,

Thanx!
slowferrari
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience